Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Along the lines of this stuff not consuming you

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While Game, Spinning plates, have been touted in another thread as sometimes consuming...let me expand on something else. I was in a LTR that lasted 2 years, ended in January. Want to know what significant change has happened for me? I've stashed away/ paid off over 30k in cash since then.

Why? Because I just don't invest in women anymore. I'm not proud of it, but during my LTR I let the floodgates of fiscal stupidity hit me. When we wanted to travel, take ridiculous vacations to Villa's in St. Lucia, etc. we just did it. I make good coin ~ 130k a year, but seriously I was doing alot of this stuff because my ex wanted to. Deep down I wasn't too cool with the fiscal ridiculousness of it all, and I had fun, but damn....You've got to save in today's world. Sure, don't live like a hermit, but spending tomorrow's $ today was a serious problem for me.
Now that the Ex is out of my life I've so much more got my financial self back. That's how I game today. If I see a chick expects stupid levels of $ to be spent, she's outa there. Unfortunatley the spend tomorrow's $ today is such an affliction of both male and female in our society I don't see alot of women that get it. Doesn't matter, I'm not going to be suckered into making that mistake again.
Any of you fall prey to this before? Had to pull your financial head out of you a$$?

Here's to making $ and keeping it growing!

KC

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear K.C.
I must say you are doing well,Luck?....Nah not entirely,lots of work lots of risk...well done that Man...As you say,ones Lady Friend is not the ideal fiduciary partner but,All work No play makes K.C. dull Boy...I have been in a similar situation,shaken out of my comfortable existence by a travel mad consort but looking back No regrets really,when I am taking my last breaths,my Old Bones will shiver,and a smile cross my grizzled old face as I think of Sri LanKa,Borneo,Mongolia and Tibet...The Silk Road,chatting with Old Ghurkhas,shvagging lovely Chinese Girls in strange and wonderful places...Whilst you can't say money wont buy you this,lifes Game is about more than just looking at numbers in a Bank Account.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, Knight's Cross. With the kind of money you make, you should be able to save a significant amount of money and still live pretty well. Of course the more money you make, the more you tend to spend, the higher the lifestyle you will want to live. There's something about adopting a simpler, more ascetic lifestyle that has always appealed to me spiritually.

I have a nice house and car, but I don't live extravagently because I am shoving nearly every spare dime into retirement. I am hoping to retire early and enjoy not working before I'm all used up. Hopefully I won't die before I get to :) A lot of people these days are not planning for retirement and are going to find themselves in trouble when they get there. If you want to be able to live comfortably in your old age, you need to plan ahead.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that when I have a girlfriend I always spend more money on everyday leisure stuff---mostly eating out and going out on the weekends. If I lived with her it might be a little different, but when she comes down to see me there is sort of an expectation we are going to do something. I can understand, because we cant just sit around my apartment and bang all day, but it does add up. Sometimes I look at my checking account and think "damn, where the hell did $1000 go??" And when i look at the breakdown it's almost all stuff like dinners, drinks, new clothes, a day at the beach, etc.

Being single I didnt spend quite as much, but dates can add up too. Assuming I asked the girl out I'd pay for the night and that can be $100 easy.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand the OP's point: Women Themselves can be Consuming...you're doing fine, next thing you know you're sucked into a whirlwind and spit out the other end empty wallet and broken hearted...

I'm really under the new assumption women are merely another type of drug or intoxication -- alluring and ah-so-nice -- but there is a comedown and that oxytocin can only be spitting itself out into your synaptic gap before it wears off...

No ideology should consume someone absolute (from religious text to dogma such as that touted here) -- you should be skeptical of sacrificing your entire mindset over to any idea...

However, unfortunately for humans, there are many things we can become fixed upon that can consume us...If anything, use this place to inform yourself, ask questions to gain outside unbiased perspective...take what you gather and act on it...in the end we only have our own decisions and actions.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Balance is key. You have to balance the spending with the saving and make a budget and stick to it. Who cares if your lady friend gets angry at you because you would rather save $1000 this week and just go to the beach for a picnic instead of going to a fancy cafe and eating everyday and blowing that money. I'll tell ya one thing women come and go but if you don't have any financial security in this world you will struggle to live a comfortable life for a very very long time.

At one time I was earning a good 80k a year working only 3 days a week I did not work hard i worked very smart. Same applies to everything in life you have to work smart not hard, you don't want to be the guy that works all the time and has no time for fun and games nor do you want to be the guy that has fun and games all the time and does no work.

You take any idea to the extreme and it will eventually consume and burn you out but if you can find the right balance you should do just fine.