All people from the UK??

djay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
Was just wondering whether DJ's here in the UK have found any differences in principles. As far as I can tell we don't have the same dating 'culture' here as there is in america.
What are people's thoughts??

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in ireland and its very different, e.g. you just DONT approach women in the street here - its just not the way we do things.

Our main way of getting women is pubs/clubs! :)

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah in ireland they say hello there instead of hi, and give clover leafs instead of roses:p

if you ever get to the end of a rainbow and see a lepricorn sitting on a pot of gold, dont bother trying to take his gold, those things are vicious :p

hey only messing, no offence

peace out

djay

Don Juan
Reaction score
I reckon we need some UK experts on this stuff to sort out some of the differences.

All the pulling I know what goes on is in pubs and clubs too. All the girls I've ever been with have been girls I've met in class or through other friends.

I think we also binge drink a hell of a lot more than in the US as majority of people I know go out and get wasted 1-3 times a week - girls too. And girls tend to think guys are weird that just approach them in the street.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been a number of threads on DJing in the UK.
Here are my personal observations:

Cold approaches rarely work but meeting people at things like film premieres, book signings, art gallery exhibitions can work well on occassion as you already have something in common with that person.

Bars and clubs tend to be where a lot of people pick up women-as alcohol lets down the famous British reserve. But these places are skewed in favour of good looking people as they are so noisy they don't give a lot of opportunity to display personality etc.

The best way to meet women is through social networking. If you are introduced to a woman by a friend of hers, then she is more likely to be interested in getting to know you as you have social proof from knowing her friend. If you get invited to intimate parties they are another good place to meet girls.

Socieities and evening classes and sports clubs are other good places.

Basically you have to build a social life so you are meeting lots of new people, only then is it likely that a girl will be happy giving you her number. Clubs and pubs work for a lot of people but those sort of people have looks in their favour or a lot of confidence and an outgoing personality. I personally never pull at clubs, but on occasion pull girls i meet through friends.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My experiences :

Cold appraoches, 5 minute jobs that occur frequently in "friends" don't happen here. You can get a strangers number, BUT you'd have to be in the same place with that stranger for a long period of time E.g. waiting in an hour cue at the post office. On the whole i agree with Silverwex.