Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

alcohol to boost up my shyness

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple days ago I drink one shot of 2oz vodka, then I went to the mall. I had no fear of looking at women directly while smiling, but for some reason most of them gave me a blank look. Some girls (younger than me) looked at me smiling but I wasn't sure because she was smiling before she looked at me...

has anyone tried it? I am sure you tried it at club

it worked for me, good thing I didn't get too drunk (my face turns very red when I am drunk - do'h! got this from my father's gene)

at this stage I was practicing on smiling, approaching is my next step :cool:

christz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its pretty much safe to say it doesn't work 90% of the time, unless you are really trashed.. like you don't even know what's goin on trashed can't feel your face trashed..

but casually drunk/buzzed nah the shyness stays

red sky30

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing drugs essentially puts a mask on yourself (unless psychedelic in nature) and completely inhibits the path to the true nature of overcoming shyness and bettering yourself...

Try to do it sober man.

asianbrutha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem is you run the risk of not putting a lid on what you say or your emotions. You might think you're being suave, but everybody else might see you as acting like a druken idiot. But it will definitely help you overcome shyness.

Last edited:

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about this method cause it definitely sounds like it would take you on the alcoholic path. I have no problem with drinking but it's not the solution to your problems. Try and do it sober, you'll get more out of it.

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If one is naturally shy, doing drugs allows an insight into what is possible. Its sets a benchmark and boosts confidence to the point that one aspires to shed such inhibitions when sober.

In the past drugs had a profound effect on me in the sense that now I can approach women without such a crutch. I know memeber of this board will say that one shouldnt need to have a synthetic boost, but everyone is different.
I agree that it is dangerous to rely on these tools, but if shyness seems an impenetrable barrier (and for some people it is more than this) anything that eases the pain of approaching is welcome - in moderation of course.

aolsuxs

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting a bit thinking your going to be an alcoholic and what not. While I wouldn't recommend you do this all the time it does work. Thats why parties / clubs have such a higher rate of success for hook ups etc. Everyone has a few drinks, people loosen up, etc etc.

Reaction score
It's generally not a good idea to rely on substances as a crutch. You should practice talking to chicks without the need for liquor/drugs. Having a drink to get over your "phobia" in the initial stages is ok in my opinion(don't get trashed though) but don't do it EVERY time you want to talk to girls.

What do you when you land a date? You gonna get liquored up before each date to get rid of your "shyness"? You'll eventually crash and burn dude.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I stay away from depending on external things to make me confident or more attractive. What would someone do if there wasn't any alcohol around? Crutches can easily be kicked out from under you.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be careful about MDMA

Too much and too frequent use of MDMA can cause irreversible neurotransmitter damage, which can lead to permanent depression that can only be treated with other drugs. Like cocaine, but different neurotransmitters.

A little bit of alcohol is at worst neutral for most people, and in fact a bit of wine or beer can actually be healthy. Red wine contains a lot of antioxidants that protect the body's cells. But too much alcohol is an oxidant, so it only works in moderation.

Too much alcohol makes me out of control, and less of a DJ. One or sometimes 2 is enough for me.

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a far better way to beat shyness and have fun. Instead of drinking alcohol to get fake courage, make a bet with your wings. Something like your wing needs to point out a HB and you need to approach her or it will cost you (money, a beer (ironic), honor or something else). Let me tell you something approaching and possibly getting rejected is far less important then losing a scarse commodity like for instance money. The natural pressure you'll experience is a great motivator. You'll approach without hessitation because your mind is on possibly losing something you like and subconsiously give you powerfull signals to do something about that. These signals are more powerfull than the AFC signals for rejection.

The greatest thing about this is that you'll find out that approaching is actually easier than you thought. And that the responses are positive or neutral but almost never negative. And that after a couple approaches you don't give that much value on approaching anymore. Making you one step closer to becoming a true DJ.

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drinking alcohol will definitely help shy people and in a bar/club situation it's totally normal, so nothing to lose.

As for doing it during the day in shopping malls, errm no don't go there. I mean even if you do get some good rapport going with a girl, she's going to smell the alcohol on your breathe and very quick come to the conclusion you're an alkie. Unless of course you brushed your teeth after downing a few shots, you've gotta be pretty desperate and shy to want to try this though.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So you want to use alchohol to get over shyness?

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kidd
So you want to use alchohol to get over shyness?

Naw cant you read, he wants to get even more shy than he already is by boozing ..

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no concrete evidence that MDMA cause neurotransmitter damage...

This drug has helped me get out there and do something...its just you need to be aware that it is only a synthetic experience and that in time a sober approach is the only way to go.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
umm I am talking about alcohol here, not xtc

although I tried that, it boost up a lot, I was very outgoing.

I was just wondering because people drinks at clubs/bars then interactive with other people. Ofcourse I don't want to depend on it, plus I am turning legal age to buy alcohol soon and I don't want to be an alcoholic :p

Getting a little buzzed is good enough for me :D

red sky30

Don Juan
Reaction score
Moderation. Moderation. Moderation.

Honestly MDMA does not do signifigant damage (in my cognitive experience and anecdotal accounts of others) if used in ... what? .... MODERATION. Once every 5-6 months or longer is my use period. And there is signifigant evidence that using an SSRI such as Prozac 5-10 hours after ingesting the MDMA will stop almost all the brain damage that happens. Read up on it more on Ecstacy Slide Show at dancesafe.com i believe.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
why does this turns into a ecstasy thread? :rolleyes:

it's impossible to get pure mdma these days unless you know somebody work for pharmacy

now a days they just mix with a bit of mdma plus coke/meth/caffine/whatever