"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Aiming for the wrong target?

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2002
Messages
389
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
The towner
After approaching many women, and getting little in the way of meaningful relationships, I'm left wondering if I'm coming at it wrong.
I don't have any close friends; the closest people I know are married or engaged. I ask them how they met, and they always say, "well, so-and-so introduced us."
Do most LTRs begin through mutual friends? It sure seems that way. My brother, for example, is getting married in August (I'm the best man, and will milk it for all it's worth) and he met his fiance through a friend of his. I'm the only person in the party who is single with no guest, and I admit it is frustrating when distant relations ask me, "So, when are YOU getting hitched?" :rolleyes:
I got a bit off topic, but should I get some friends before looking for love? People who know my likes/dislikes, and can introduce me to women with the same? Or should I keep plowing through the singles scene, playing hit and miss?
In short, should I get some bros before hos?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2002
Messages
389
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
The towner
I'm not just thinking guys as friends, but friends in general. You never know who has a hot sister, cousin, daughter, whatever. Perhaps my bros before hos comment threw you off.
 

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
582
Reaction score
1
Location
PA
I think that's right. I can't imagine that there are all that many LTRs of quality with origins on the South Side. Most people I know who are married/dating/engaged went to school together or worked together.
 
Top