"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Aimin' to tag the girl, squirrel analysis would be appreciated

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
I'll try to make this short. There's a girl in two of my classes that I've taken interest in. We haven't had the opportunity to talk much until today, when she called out to me after our morning class was dismissed.

She wanted to study, I asked if I should tag along. Sure, she says, and we go to her usual study spot... the campus bar.

We don't get any studying done. We each have a few beers and talk. Well, mostly she was talking, as girls tend to do. She yaps away for a full hour, myself not contributing much. She tells me all about her friends, what she does on weekends, how she just got back to the city after living with her ex-bf in calgary for a year, etc.

Now I'm no sucker - but this girl is a slight cut above my standard fare, and I'd like nothing more than to tap that ass. So my fellow squirrels let's deconstruct this encounter, shall we?

Pros:
- I walked out of class and was half way down the hall when I heard her call my name to see what I was doing.
- I was lookin' mighty fine this morning
- She's my age, and in a very similar position in her life as I am. We identify with each other.
- She expressed the need to study, but wound up talking to me for an hour and a half.
- She did the talking. I thought I had decent rapport, however.
- Perfect eye contact, mirroring on my part.

Cons:
- I know better than to assume that she is giving me preferential treatment, not having seen how she behaves with other guys in other situations
- She talked about her whole life, topics included being lonely, just getting back in town, her family, school, her friends, her robust drinking skills. I know it's not a good thing to be hearing all this ****, because it takes me from "seducer" to "confidant"

I dunno. It's in my nature to doubt my looks and DJ abilities, so I assume the worst - she's not interested in me "that way." When a girl does the most of the talking, it's hard to keep the content focused on seductive topics. What say you, men?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Oh yeah, we exchanged numbers. But again, friends tend to exchange numbers... so... hmm.
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
well, I might be wrong but it sounds like you just served as her emotional tampon. Welcome to the friends zone.
 

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
well, I might be wrong but it sounds like you just served as her emotional tampon. Welcome to the friends zone.
yeah, seems like the whole ex-bf in calgary gave it away....

try out extra-kino and see ifthat takes you anywhere
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
when she started talking crap, you should have put your finger to her lips and said... shh... then move in for a kiss close.

she probably thinks of you as a great friend now. and stop analyzing her actions. its bad. and highly unreliable.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
What I wonder is cause versus effect... had she decided before the drinks that I was just friend material, or did I become friend material in the course of the conversation? How would you have turned things around? I don't think I can fill an hour of convo with seduction on my behalf.

At any rate, I'll go back to ignoring this girl from now on. I have enough friends, and maybe I'll small chance that I can turn this one around by denying her attention.
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Originally posted by ikkenai

At any rate, I'll go back to ignoring this girl from now on. I have enough friends, and maybe I'll small chance that I can turn this one around by denying her attention.
Or... you can actually stop being an AFC and actually MAKE A MOVE.

When sitting down with her, sit right next to her so you're touching. Play footsie. Tease her. Poke her. Prod her. Tickle her belly. Go sexual state. Caress her cheek. Brush her hair. Hold her hand. Kiss her. Then fu ck her.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by ikkenai
She wanted to study, I asked if I should tag along. Sure, she says, and we go to her usual study spot... the campus bar.
You "asked if you could tag along"? WEAK. Shoulda said, "Me too. Where's a good place we can study around here?" or something like that. You're asking PERMISSION to be in her presence. She'll let you know if she wants you to get lost. :p


I dunno. It's in my nature to doubt my looks and DJ abilities, so I assume the worst - she's not interested in me "that way." When a girl does the most of the talking, it's hard to keep the content focused on seductive topics. What say you, men?
If you believe something hard enough, you'll find ways to make it true. So stop believing that she's not attracted...how many girls want to go to a bar and hang out with a strange guy from class on the first day they talk to him? Assume attraction in this case and act accordingly. Once again, she'll let you know if she wants you to get lost.

As far as going from "lover" to "friend", something tells me your presence and conversational methods shifted this theme in that direction.

A squirrel's only as good as his nuts. Get a hold of yours. ;)
 

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
I could argue the petty details and semantics I chose in my previous post, but whatever. Exactly what I needed to hear. I wasn't on top of my game. I have club pickups down, but this hour long encounter stuff throws me off.

Ignore her? What the fack was I thinking when I said that? As if cutting off my attention entirely is going to make up for giving her TOO MUCH attention earlier.

I said I'll check out her weekend hangout during the convo. I'll show up late, a bit tipsy, a whole lot bolder, with 3 phone numbers under my belt, and ready to make my move.
 
Top