Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AIDS scare

red sky30

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does the media scare us into thinking our chances of getting AIDS are much higher than they really are?

I obviously agree with the use of condoms,

BUT a few nights ago i didn't, and now my mind is out of control thinking of HIV. I guess you could say its a phobia. Stupid i know to do that and believe you me thats the last time, but now i'm freaking out about it.

anyone else relate with this worrying?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I done it once and sh*t myself. Then a couple of years later, I did it again :( Guess I just cant get that drunk anymore.

The media definately does drum it up a lot more. If you are living in the US, which I am gathing you are, 80% of HIV carriers are gay males. That leaves a rather small proportion of hetros that have HIV. Do you know anyone with the HIV virus? I cant say I have ever met anyone or heard of anyone locally who has HIV.
It is good to be that sh*t scared, means you will be FAR more careful the next time. However I dont think you have ANYTHING to worry about. Man i know how u feel though!!

red sky30

Don Juan
Reaction score
"80% of HIV carriers are gay males"

That sounds like pretty dated info... but i know the chances are slim, but it feels like i'm very good at "winning" when the prize is something bad.

heh pretty short act of sex though >1 minute.. heh yeah i'd attribute that to the alcohol!

ultrashogun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think you can be careful enough when it comes to HIV, anyway, its not the only thing you can catch from having unprotected sex.
You dont wanna ruin your (sex)life for some worthless slut.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya I have also been worrying myself sh*tless about HIV.

I had sex with a girl (who I don't think was the most chaste) for about a minute or so before putting on a condom, and it still worries me.

Next time I won't be stupid.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if youre gay who has sex with many other males in the butt than yea chances of contracting HIV are pretty high. either way is good that people are scared of hiv after all nobody wants an hiv epidemic.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the people with HIV in the US are gay and bisexual men.

The chances of contracting HIV through Heterosexual vaginal intercourse are very slim only about 1 in 350 chance without a condom with an infected person. Anal sex without a condom is about a 1 in 4 chance without a condom with an infected person.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten you seem to know alot about STDs:eek:

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I know, I might have the same one as you. Haven't checked and haven't been with anyone since.....

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While it may be overhyped, I'd rather be too scared and not catch it than not scared enough and have it. Since it's effectively the end of your life, you really can't be too careful. Where I live (Baton Rouge) we're #1 in new cases of AIDS for a city of our size (225,000) and you can't turn around without seeing a billboard advocating safe sex. I think it's a good idea.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
And I plan on coming to the UT :cheer: / LSU game....*gulp*

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Im affraid of sex.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali
Hey Pen,

That's a cute picture of you and Gio. You guys look good together.
ty :cheer:

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
i think it makes sense to get your fk buddies tested.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First thing I want to say is that I have funked some skanky biatches. In the future I fully expect to be doing the same. I'm not trying to fool myself on this one here.

knowing that I make sure to carry at least 2 rubbers. One breaks, while I have a back up and. The second one breaks or I pull off a marathon night (I'm getting older) I'll just give up. A busted condom (especially two busted condoms) is a damn fine excuse to not completing. On a side note it is also a great reason to stop buying rubbers at the swap meet. If you hit it once than you should be able to do it again.

I actually tried sitting back the other night and playing connect the dots with my sexual partners to those who I know have done intravenous drugs, hooked up with sluts without a condom, could be bi or bi-curious, have a ridiciculous number of sexual partners (who could have fulfilled one of the above criteria or whose partners could have), been with hookers, the list just kept going on and on. After playing this game for about 10mins I just sat back and thanked god that I wore a condom most of the time. When I didn't it was usually with girls I thought could be trusted (LTR's or "innocent" girls).

So far I have been lucky given my track record. I somehow was not one of the four 18yr olds that had HPV, or the guy taking valtrex from a ONS. My worst problem so far has been a minor bacterial infection of the urethial tract that was curable with a couple of weeks of penicillan.

You can pretend that HIV is a hom0 disease all you want but your sexual history is intertwined with that of more people than you could imagine.

Testing is uncomfortable but to me it seems a lot less uncomfortable than dying before I make it to 40.