Age limits in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're getting the 18, 19, and 20-year olds on here dictating what we should do and telling us the importance of automobiles in women's lives.

I think we need that new moderator ASAP.

Look youngsters, no offense and I'm glad you're on this board and I wish I would've had it when I was your age -- but you don't belong here. You haven't had enough life experiences.

There's a main board and a high school board and many other boards.

* All-time low for sosuave.com -- a 14-year old last year preaching to older guys on the main board about the evils of masturbation.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you do know a lot, but you don't know how to read. The parameters on this board are clear. Read them.

There are other boards for you, use them.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by DJ4Real
It won't happen... think of it like this; maybe us "youngsters" know more than you think..

How can you know more than us guys who have life experience under our belts. Learning how to apply Proactive doesn't give you any license to offer opinions in our place.

I know, you think you can't relate to guys your own age and you're more inclined to converse with us. That's precisely why you shouldn't offer anything here. You have nothing to contribute that WE can relate to. We don't smoke newports and play hackeysack or hang out in a Best Buy parking lot after hours and show off the new neon on our refurbed rigs.

Of course, there's the possibility you're confrontational and just want to act like a grown up instead of using your Stridex and poppin' the whiteheads on your face?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I refuse to go into the High School forum because of their advice. Understand that for those teenie-boppers a car IS very important for their sarging skills, the women (er girls) they are going after can be easily manipulated with material things.
Eventually these guys will grow out of the mindset of focusing on these girls and decide to step up to the next level.

It reminds me of a story about a bull and his young son standing on top of a hill looking down unto a field full of female cows. The young bull asks his father, "Hey Pop, let's run down there and get a cow to fvck!" The elder bull turns to his son and wisely says, "No son, we'll walk down there and fvck them all..."

The moral is that age is usually a good indicator of a person's frame of life...

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought i knew it all at 19. i was damn smart and tons of insight into things. unfortunately, it was exactly that which kept me from growing.

one of the great things about maturing is that the more you learn, the more you realize you don't know jack.

the more you learn the closer you get to the truth - the real answers behind why various things are the way they are.

im sorry, but at 19 you may know a lot, but you dont know enough to know that you don't really know much.

i also think that the mature forum is primarily about mature men dealing with mature women issues. a 19 year old simply has nothing to offer you on how to deal with a 26-35 year old + womam.

at best they've dated one or two of women in this category.

as long as there are only 1,2 or 3 of them posting its easy to ignore their posts.

I think what West might be concerned about, and its a valid concern, is that if you start getting more of them hanging out here you kill the whole purpose of a mature forum.

so when do you do something about? when we've got 10, 20, 100 of them posting here?

hey, these kids may be great guys with great insights, but this is the wrong forum.

J

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys Please PM me When you see an underage poster. I will promptly remove their post.

I'm trying to keep up with them but it seems like we are being invaded. Your PM's will help eliminate the teeny's from this forum.

PM me when you see an underage poster.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing that age has taught me is that there is a BIG difference between KNOWLEDGE and WISDOM.

My last g/f was VERY mature for being in her early 20's. But there is absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for being on this earth for ten extra years, and it put a strain on our relationship.

When it comes to money, I was fairly knowledgable ten years ago. Today I am WISE and getting WISER. You can read and listen all you want to learn, but it isn't sh!t compared to going through it yourself.

That's probably one of the reasons why my dad told me that my 30's would be the best time of my life. It's a time when you are old enough to know better but still young enough to know that you need to break the rules from time to time.

So yea, there are quite a few yungin's on here that are mature enough, but the younger guys don't have much to offer on this board.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ4Real
It won't happen... think of it like this; maybe us "youngsters" know more than you think..
There is a big difference between how I was when I was 18 and when I am now over 25. Okay , now go back to high school forum to give advice that calling 3 times is the golden rule for landing a date.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Understand that for those teenie-boppers a car IS very important for their sarging skills, the women (er girls) they are going after can be easily manipulated with material things.
Damn,.. guess it's time to sell my Porsche.

:D

Sorry, couldn't resist,..

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also it would be great removing posts and posters who do not contribute to the mature forum in a mature content.

This guy says he is 26 yet his post could better fit with those in highschool. If you haven't grown up yet and have nothing good to contribute to a mature disscusion, then don't come here. Stick with the original forum. Life experience of a 26 year old means sh1t if you still act like 18.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=90783

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well they have to learn somewhere. But it does seem to be the case that they think they know it all.

I think the mature man should refrain from undue harshness with youngsters. Really, it is'nt hard to be an immature 25 year old. Maturity is one thing, experience may not necessarily be the same thing. For example, a 20 year old who has done a lot of women still might not have faced many of the situations which confront a man as time goes by.

Perhaps the most rigorous rebukes should be reserved for those who seek advice and then reject the opinions of their elders with nothing to back up their own views except bravado.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
18 vs. 38

When you're 18, you know next to nothing and think you know everything.

When you're 38, you know a hell of a lot more, and realize you still know damn little.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me tell you why we shouldn't be so quick to impose age limits on this forum; the entire reason I post on this board at all is because I want to help men both older and younger than myself avoid the traps and the sh!t I've stepped in along the way to becoming who I am. This is definitely not some addmission of attaining some higher state of purpose or perfection, far from it actually. I'd like to think people value the words and, dare I say, wisdom that I offer here, but this isn't a result of doing everything the right way so much as it is getting everything wrong and learning from the lumps I took. Like any good philosopher, the only thing I know is that I know nothing thus I must remain the eternal student.

That said, I craft my posts here and counsel in my 'real life' in order to teach guys as young as 12 and as old as 70 to avoid the pits I've fallen into. I don't have to do this. I'm often asked why I even bother when some particularly hard-headed teenager has been so indoctrinated into this feminized ego-investment of his personality that I get berated for it. I have a family, a hot ass wife, a precocious and whip-smart 7 y.o. daughter, a terrific job that I make excellent money at using my God given talents, why bother? I'm set and sometimes I confront myself on this when I feel like I'm investing myself too much into a loosing cause.

That is until a personal friend swallows a bullet over a ONEitis ego investment that he never came to terms with or unlearned. I could care less, until a 65 y.o. man confesses to me how he'll "never understand women" after placating and suplicating to his wife's every whim and mood swing for the last 20+ years of marriage in a never ending effort to be 'worthy' of the intimacy she's blackmailed him with for those years. I don't care until a 17 y.o. kid stabs the 'new' boyfriend of his 'soulmate' who dumped him 30 times and spends the rest of his life in prison because "she was the ONE man." It doesn't bother me until I see a 24 y.o. friend marry a single Mommie with 3 children from 2 different fathers because she "accidentally got pregnant" by him with her 4th child and he felt it was the "right thing to do" in assuming the reponsibilities for her prior indiscretions. I don't have a problem with it until I'm called a mysoginist for being 'judgemental' when I have a problem with a woman who marries a millionaire 7 months after her husband of 20 years hangs himself, leaving 2 children behind and she disowns any family and friends that may call her character into question. Yeah, that's when I have an impulse to get involved.

So let us not be so hasty to isolate ourselves to our own little clique where we can offer some kind of older 'mens group' support only privately to each other. The youngsters can benefit greatly from our own downfalls as well, even when they are annoying. These guys are here because they lack something that their own Fathers for whatever reason neglected to instill in them. No one's taught them positive masculinity, or worse yet, they've learned a watered down 'metrosexual' masculine identity that feminized society has fantastically idealized. It's a dirty job, but someones got to do it.

And I know, because I was that pre-whipped teenager who would've spat in the face of anything counter to what I was taught were out-dated ways of thinking about gender. The 17-18 y.o. Rollo Tomassi would've shook his head at the advice I profess here and asked for a magic pill that would make my soulmate desire me unconditionally.

So, gentlemen of the Mature board, I'll say don't scorn the Highschool board or the General forum ether. Yes, you will get called to their floor, but it's medicine that only you can deliver. This isn't to deemphasize the need for older men to be educated as well ( I know far too many mature guys in need of this re-education), but take a deep breath and try to recount where your own head was when you were 17, 25, 32 and yes, even 40.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, my problem isn't with them reading over here --- I would hope they would do so -- my problem is when an 18-year old gets on here and tries to tell an older guy who to deal with a divorced woman or something of that ilk. Makes no sense.

But yes, I do hope they read here. The main board has really deteriorated.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WestCoaster
Great post, my problem isn't with them reading over here --- I would hope they would do so -- my problem is when an 18-year old gets on here and tries to tell an older guy who to deal with a divorced woman or something of that ilk. Makes no sense.

But yes, I do hope they read here. The main board has really deteriorated.
Teens are welcome to read here. I don't think that we need advice from teens who are only old enough to be our sons. If I want dating advice from a High Schooler then I'll ask for it in their forum...LOL

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my problem is when an 18-year old gets on here and tries to tell an older guy who to deal with a divorced woman or something of that ilk. Makes no sense.
One would think so, and maybe It's just my morbid sense of curiosity, but I think that an unwarranted, youthful perspective of divorce or how things 'ought to be' when you get older coming from an 18 y.o. in earnest is a fascinating study of their perception these days. If you take this advice as given, then yes, absolutely it's insulting because you have the advantage of experience they don't, but if you step away from it personally and ask them why they think this way or that and what is at the root of their belief and why they felt compelled to offer this advice you can learn a lot.

That said, yes, there are a lot of trolls with nothing constructive to add, but even the annoying ones reveal something.

Reaction score
There's a main board and a high school board and many other boards.
Oh yeah, Westcoaster! HAHAHA those boards are terrible. I looked at them for quite a bit of time. A few good posters but very little substance on those boards. This board is where all the major posters came in.

The advice is spot on and is the only board that I read anymore (long time lurker). Maybe this board is where all the good posters have went because the advice is just that damn good.

If I was a teenager. This is the board that I would go. i wouldn't post too often either or give advice on something that I did not know. I agree with Paradox that it is a problem (Doing an excellent job of keeping out the kiddies :up: ).

If the kiddies have a real question that needs mature minds to look at. Make a post in General Discussion and then PM it to the posters that you would like to have read it and they will probably post on it. One member did that and got good results.

Oh and to DJDamage. Agreed 110%.

The_Next_Big_Thing

EDIT: oh yeah, for once i actually agree with Mightymate :rockon:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.