Age and value of new experience...

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To the OP 26 years is very young. As far as numbers go I had the greatest success with woman between the ages of 21-28.5. I m sure I could have the same success now than I did back than, but it gets old after a while. I used to pop bottles and club on a regular basis. Now I am more into doing things that will help me improve myself physically, spiritually, emotionally.

When I was 21 I thought 30 was old. But I must say at 31 I am much happier than I have ever been with myself. I see you have some catching up to do. Scroll down and read the Dj bible. Look up posts by pook, killapetehog, Joekker, Rollo tomassi. This will help get your mindset right for gaming girls.

Also remember 26 is very young. Your at your prime. Any girl that is legal is game. Remember always live in the present. Living in the past is for losers. Good luck in your pursuits.

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
godofanxiety said:
I need some advice from "older" men on this board. See, I'm constantly getting in and out of depression because I think the best part of my life is gone. I'm 26, got the first and only girlfriend at the end of 25, before that didn't experience anything at all, spent that time staring at the ceiling hoping my social phobia will magically disappear and I'll be able to talk to women without sh!tting myself.

Now, the point: I'm thinking that experience both emotional and physical gained during our youth, when hormones are raging, everything is new and exiting and a bit forbidden is infinitely more valuable than the experience gained later, when one is older and physically and emotionally not so excitable. I see there are men here ranging from 30 to 50, even more, and I would be very interested to hear their thoughts on this. Do you still enjoy sex and love, are you equally exited by it now as in the old days or not?

Also, from your point of view where do I stand at my age of 26? Will I be able to make up for my lost time and will my experiences be as valuable as if I was still 20?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I myself roll eyes when I hear about a 20 year old kid saying he's too old, but please share your thoughts, this is very important to me.
bro, i m in the same boat as you . I am 26 turning 27.
I realize now, how stupid I was during my 22-26 age, I just spent time like it was nothing, I really waisted so much time with hair transplants, not having the real knowledge about how to get girls, and I ws really unhappy even though i was making tons of money. I realize now, that more htan anything in this world. you need to spend your time wisely. you need to get some hot girls in your life. you need to fix the problems in your life .. i need to get this hair transplant fixed so I look attractive again, and thats important for my happiness because if i feel attractive I feel like I have something, I can go after the hot girls, and winning one of those makes me happy. Its not the end all of my life, but thats what end of the day makes me happy. I don't know if I will have the same stimina, or sexual drive in my 30s but I do know that I am attractive in my 20s i dont know if that will continue in my 30s or what will happen, only that I need to make the most of my life in this time. Make the most I can out of my 20s as possible.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The age thing really depends on how you look at it, it could be a negative thing or a positive thing. Before I look at it as a negative but now I use it as a motivational fuel to live everyday to the fullest.

Ever wonder how most successful people were such losers one time in their life? it's not because it is some fairy tale miracle that gave them success, it is because they realize their potential and value most things people take for granted. You only value what you have till you think you don't have it anymore. Most people in life or even in this board alone does not realize their potential because a lot of them has never hit rock bottom and will settle for mediocrity.

Some people face hardship and just give up like one of those people that live alone in an apt watching TV all day and eventually die without a friend. Some go be a millionaire, travel around the world. There is usually no in between.

I know I'll be happy because I know my direction in life and take in new experience without analyzing, I think the reason you don't feel as excited as you were young is because of stress, depression, regrets. Once you have a goal and you do your best to achieve it, you will feel just as excited when you were young.

So take your realization as a curse or a blessing.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
To the OP 26 years is very young.
I hear this kind of thing a lot, but what exactly do people mean by this? What good is youth when you can't live a youthful life? Once you're out of school, it's all about work and money and bills and adult responsibilities away from the fantasy social world of college, and it's hard to look back on those years at 26 and still consider yourself young in comparison.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
I hear this kind of thing a lot, but what exactly do people mean by this? What good is youth when you can't live a youthful life? Once you're out of school, it's all about work and money and bills and adult responsibilities away from the fantasy social world of college, and it's hard to look back on those years at 26 and still consider yourself young in comparison.

Your at your prime physically and sexually. Your at the age were you get to choose from the hottest girls. 18-25

If your 41 you will not have that option. You could still be a DJ but most girls from the 18-25 crowd will turn you down no matter how good looking you are. Actors and pro athletes are the exception.

Reaction score
Godofanxiety, all that I will say is control your destiny- or fear will!!!

godofanxiety

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you all for your contributions, whenever I feel down about my "advanced" age I re-read this thread and it makes me feel better.

I'm trying to live in the moment right now. I concentrate on the present and avoid thinking about age thing in general or if I should have done something years ago, just trying to enjoy experiences as they come, and even simple things like hanging out with my friends are much more exciting and REAL. I say real because before I used to live in a fantasy world and couldn't wait for a time when my problems will be magically solved and I'll have everything I wanted, and was too much of a pvssy to actually try to solve them.

As LMS said, fear controlled my destiny instead of me, and seeing what a sh!tty destiny it was, I decided to wage war on fear, on worrying what others will think and all those stupid things that held me back.

It isn't easy to change the thought pattern that solidified over the years, and still I catch myself thinking: What's the point? I'm nearly forty (honestly that's how I feel sometimes) only pleasures left for me are fishing and reading, I'm too old to be excited anymore, what's missed is missed... But it's getting easier and easier to snap myself out of it.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
godofanxiety, you are feeling the way you are is because you're comparing yourself against other people who you think have lived more then you. It is only recently that I realize that we're all brought up differently, I was sheltered and was an extremely shy kid and I mean severe shyness where girls would gather around me asking me questions because they never seen such a shy guy. I have always wondered why I can't find a girl and there was something wrong with me and why am still a virgin. The fact is there is nothing wrong with me, I was just a late bloomer. As much as I hate myself for not being more out going and strong, I know the fact is over comming such severe shyness was not easy and sometimes I can't be so hard on myself.

Think of yourself as a track runner with short legs, you obviously are hindered against your opponent but you try your best. What's is there to be unhappy about? you didn't ask to be short. What about people who are born with diseases, live in poverty, they didn't ask for it either. Though not to say to use your fate as a crutch for inaction. Just don't be so hard on yourself, everyone grows differently at a different pace... just make sure to do your best and enjoy the journey.

2Cool

Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeKerr31 is so right. I am 36 and things started turning around at mid/late 20's and have picked up steadily in my 30s. I would say that you have to keep focused on developing yourself (education, health, wealth, career, spiritually, etc.), and you hit your 30's you will begin to see the results.

Also, keep in mind that life is asymmetrical and dynamic. Not some strict linear construct. Life will hit you from all sides at whatever time. It's your responsibility to be as prepared as you can when unforseen events present themselves.

Anyway, enjoy life, find an adventure or hobby to involve yourself and the rest will follow.

Micheal Moon

Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
30 is the new 20. I go out now and see 30 and 40 year olds at college bars running game. Men don't get too old unless they allow themselves to.
I feel the same way. I turned 30 last month and I feel better than ever. Physically and mentally I feel better than I did in my early twenties. When I was in my midtwenties I was terrified of turning 30, but its quite the oppostie now. I'm more comfortable with myself. I can't explain it, but its like I'm peaking now.

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 29, and I feel like alot of you guys.

Highschool.....when I look back on it, it was a joke. The place I went to was a dump, totally over crowded, terrible "education", you're confined all day. I think even if you're really confident with women in highschool, go to prom, getting experience....you're still a teenager.

You worry about whether you're wearing your backpack the right way. When I was in highschool, Cross Colors and beepers were the coolest things. Really, that's a very very tough age.

I could have done alot more in terms of experience, but I'm also really glad that I've gotten past that stage. I'm much more comfortable with my looks, wardrobe, style, much more comfortable around people.

-My self education has improved dramatically. I've probably read 150-175 books in the last 5-7 years on all kinds of subjects. Women, business, finance, biographies, current events, self help. That's been a big plus. You can never stop learning.

-More varied interests, hobbies, lifestyle. I belonged to Toastmasters a few years ago, that was a good experience. Met some really nice people, flirted with some hot mid 30's professional women at some of the parties thrown by one of the hosts.

In your teens and early 20's, you live a very sheltered life.

Your "growth" as a person is usually heavily controlled/defined by school, and whether you've grown in a certain subject, or whether test scores or GPA has grown.

Between school, homework, tv, misc...you have very little time to actually work on yourself or even focus on it. That's something I've really noticed as I get older.

Life was really confining and strict back then. You're in school 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, 9 months out of the year, for almost 17 years! From kindergarden, age 5, to age 21, 22, 23.

The beauty of getting older is that you have so much more time to work on yourself. Look at this site....you can learn about things you couldn't have even dreamed of earlier.

I realized a few years ago at 26, 27, that I was where I should have been at 18, 19, 20. It's like ok..."from this day forward, this is what I should have been doing at 20."

To catch up, consider getting rid of tv, talk radio, and really trivial things people do. Besides a little tv at night, I watch maybe 2-3 hours during a typical week. I have *alot* more time to work on myself, my goals, surf the web, plan my life.

I've thought alot about my overall life strategy, what I want to do, accomplish. The really big things for me were...

-Highschool Degree
-College Degree
-Own a house
-Debt free
-Experiences with women
-Learning/growth
-Travel
-Trying to have a good time along the way.

Not taking things too seriously or too strict.

If you're 26, but you feel like you're 18 with women and dating for the first time....it's 8 years, but I dont think you would have had 8 years of continuous relationships and a perfectly smooth ride up. That might be low confidence talking, assuming the best would have happened, and now you're in the worst position.

In the big picture, I think college degree, owning a house, no debt, no addictions, growing/learning....those are the most important things. With women.....you really can't control that. What if she turns out to be a pyscho, what if she moves away, what if you get attached and wonder if you'll ever date other girls..

Not to get too philosophical or mystical, but people live so close to their dreams. You go through life within inches of what you want. All you have to do is reach over and get it.

-Getting a girl in bed starts by saying something. I live in a big city, there's 2 million women here, how hard can it be?

-People agonize so much over their clothes, their style...what am I going to wear?? Is it cool enough? Will it make the right impression?

And you live 10 minutes from any type of clothing store you want. You can try anything you want.

-You worry about where to live or where to go. Is this the right neighborhood? Is this the right area?

And you live in this huge country with so much variety...the beach, the desert, mountains, ocean.

-In terms of entertainment, nightlife, restaurants, you've got places all over the world to go to.

Getting back to the OP and original question, your first experiences are important, in your teens and 20's. They definitely form a part of your overall life. I would try to focus on experiences and events more than trying to find the perfect person.

Get rid of as many distractions as possible, focus on what you really want. Live in the present.

godofanxiety

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Sorry for the thread necroing, but after wasting another two and a half years in being depressed, I realize how great the advice I got was. I need to act on it now.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear God of Anxiety,
Don't be impetuous,No you don't need to act now....I reached my peak at 37 but only in the sense of being a svexual gymnast jackhammering pvussy like it was concrete....No develop social skills,learn Dancing,build your body but see these pursuits as a a means to an end not the end itself....Tell Jophil or Ballie or any of the more mature DJ's they were finished at 29 they will laugh at you...seriously it just gets better and better.