Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

after months of reading deangelo's stuff. It's stupid.

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to read deeply into the contents of David Deangelo's stuff. However, all that stuff, you need to memorize and put on a different character (NOT GENUINE). It even says that you might not be able to change your looks but you can change your personality. WHY WOULD WE WANT TO BE SOMEONE WHO WE ARE NOT?

this site is a better resource for what my target is.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but you can change your personality. WHY WOULD WE WANT TO BE SOMEONE WHO WE ARE NOT?

Because that new guy gets to have sex?

Because who you are changes anyway and you might as well be in charge of what direction it goes rather than just molding to whatever happens by chance?

Why is that when you make positive changes in your life and get confidence or you lose weight and feel good about yourself no one goes "why are you being someone who you aren't?"

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are not really changing your personality and becoming someone different. Hopefully you are adding to your existing personality and giving yourself more tools to avail yourself of in social situations.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not only is it stupid it's horrible advice, and I believe alot of people would not be here still if they did not pay attention

if you feel you have to change who you are, than you are automatically trying to qualify yourself for her, instead of making herself qualify to you. You have already acknowledged subconsciously that she is the prize. there goes everything right there.

Also, he places too much of a prize on winning the woman, becuase that's what guys who haven't been getting laid want to hear, but that's not really the correct answer.

your personality, who you are is really a screening process when it comes to women. if she doesn't like it, okay, bye. find someone who does.

you can spot them everywhere. about 2 weeks ago my Fiancee and I went to have a drink and play pool at a sports bar and it was a guy there... you know.. "that guy". the guy who just read the article on ****y and funny.. just trying WAY to hard, it was gruesome to watch. I almost wanted to go talk to the poor guy.

somehow, DA has twisted this poor guy's mind into thinking he's about to get laid because of this ****.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. D'Angelo is the P.T. Barnum of the PUA community, and I'm glad you're benefiting from this site.

However,...
JJ109 said:
WHY WOULD WE WANT TO BE SOMEONE WHO WE ARE NOT?
Who decides who YOU really are?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Agreed. D'Angelo is the P.T. Barnum of the PUA community, and I'm glad you're benefiting from this site.

However,...

P.T Barnum was actually a mad genius. there was a method to his madness.

DA is just a joke.

BTW, you live in florida right, in orlando? PT Barnums estate is located in sarasota FL... right on the peace river. it's so big it took 2 days to tour it. I think he might have one of the most extensive art collections in America. very very nice house and the guy was stupid rich.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:

However,...

"There is a sucker born every minute"

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised at at the David D hat and based on the reactions I'm wondering if anyone here berating him as actually read his material. The C+F thing is maybe 10% of what he talks about. Most of his sh*t is about deep inner game. In fact I think if someone is just starting out, he's one of the best to listen to, because rather than focusing on techniques like Mystery or RSD guys, David D is about getting your inner game together.

As far as David D tells people to be "change who you are", it's only in as much as it means to change the part of you that is needy, approval seeking and passive. If this is your personality, then hell yeah you have to change or you ain't going to get sh*t. He's not telling you to put on a Dr. Seuss hat, skin tight leather pants and paint your nails black.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious about David D. Does he take his students into the field with him like Mystery does? I'm curious because I used to subscribe to his newsletter and he's always giving examples of other people's success, but never seems to talk about himself much. Is he an armchair PUA or the real deal?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
I'm curious about David D. Does he take his students into the field with him like Mystery does? I'm curious because I used to subscribe to his newsletter and he's always giving examples of other people's success, but never seems to talk about himself much. Is he an armchair PUA or the real deal?
No, I'm not aware of him holding workshops. He's been criticized before because nobody has seen him out in the field. I've heard some unsubstantiated rumors that he's not that good in the field, at least compared to Mystery. I'm sure he does at least alright though.I read the rumor on wikipedia and of course anyone can write anything they want there, so who knows. I think in his case it doesn't matter much, because his material has never really been about pick up techniques. He's 90% about the inner game and probably the best guru out there on the inner game angle. But yeah, it doesn't sound like anybody has seen him in action. I'd be curious myself to see what he can do out in the field.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If who-you-are is a loser who doesn't get laid and any respect from others, then yes go ahead and change that.

This whole thing about not changing who you are sounds like post modern BS that probably originates from a fat chick getting no love but refusing to exercise & eat well.

People change all the time. Are you exactly the same as you were 10 years ago? From when you were in high school? I bet not.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DD is a great start. I had a friend who was very successful with girls even though I was more good looking than him. Guess what? He was using all "DD" tactics like CF, not losing his cool, being funny. I always envied him because I couldn´t understand how he had success.

So DD is a nice start. He´s not a PUA. I don´t believe we are changing who we are, we are upgrading it, making it more interesting. The biggest problem that DD mentions is the inner wuss that comes out after sometime with a girl. This, he can´t really help much how to overcome it. It´s like adding NITRO to your car to run faster but the engine itself is not powerful enough, the tires not resistant enough or the brakes strong enough to back all this power up. You need to change "all" the structure of the car! I think that´s where SoSuave kicks in.

DD is a 101 class to getting laid. DD knows he has saturated this market that´s why he has gone into new business, he´s not stupid. He´s an entrepreneur.

BudBundi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I'm clever enough for C+F

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If what you've been doing all your life hasn't worked, don't you think that maybe the problems lie in something that you have not been able to change, such as your personality? This is what pick up is about. But its not about completely changing what hasn't worked, its about adding the qualities that will work and getting rid of the ones that will hurt you.
AFCs have a needy personality, and a lot of them will be shocked the first time that they hear they must get rid of their neediness. How can they change it if thats who they are?
The answer to that question is this :
What does an AFC need to change in order to be a succesful pua? answer: an AFC will not change.