"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

After fifth date - she doesn’t want to get emotionally attached

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
4,762
Reaction score
7,975
Location
USA, Louisiana
Only thing I would have done differently was leave immediately. Next time don’t finish the date, ask for check and bounce.
Yep. Back in my early 20s I got dumped by a chick I was dating in a restaurant... Jesus, it was 30 years ago and to this day I still remember exactly what I was eating and drinking. I did the exact opposite of what @cola suggested I kept the date going and took her back home and kissed her on the cheek. The reason I remember this is because I didn't handle this properly. What I should have done is called for the check and just left her there... which is what I did every other time in my life and I don't remember a fvcking thing about any of those other dates.

In the OPs case she did it at his place, which means the chick actually had some character. They normally like to do this sh!t in public because they want to avoid a scene. I think the OP handled it well, the only thing I would have done is tell her "Good call, long distance relationship never work... look I think it's best if you leave now, good luck and I hope things work out well for you." And as she is leaving call another chick and make sure she hears you.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,690
Reaction score
5,129
In general, the analogue of a woman that doesn't want to get attached is a man that doesn't want to hit it.

However, in this case, it's a separation due to forces beyond one's control. Indeed, one of the greatest romantic films in history, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, had such a separation as a plot device, although in that case, the partners were deeply in love with each other.

You two were starting to get close, but this happened before the closeness got close enough to trump the separation. It's not really a break-up - more of a suspension - and if when she comes back she wants to continue on, then it would not be like she took a break to see if she could trade up to a higher SMV level man.

I would still go macking as if completely free, and if you find something you like before she gets back, great, you've gotten a good replacement. And if not, and she as well had not, then you have this experience as something that adds to the relationship. And since she knows this is a temporary situation, she is not likely to date anyone seriously, although, depending on her character, she could always go Chad-carousel riding.
 
Last edited:
Top