Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Affirmations for newbies

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe pretty strongly in affirmations to help reshape one's thinking. Here's a good list I found at getgirls.com:

Here is the list of affirmations to use (pick the ones that apply to you) to help you succeed with single women:

"I can walk up to any woman and start talking to her."
"I can move into action quickly and easily when I see a woman I would like to meet."
"I realize that some women simply are not interested in men So if I get turned down by a woman, I quickly forget about it and move on to another woman."
"When I go to a nightclub, I will now feel very relaxed and comfortable around women."
"Each time I try to meet a woman is easier than the time before."
"I close the door tightly on my past bad experiences with women and keep it closed."
"Now I'm not standing around all night waiting for something to happen. Now I make something happen. I take action."
" I realize that most women I meet are quiet anxious to have me ask them for a date. Knowing this, I am completely relaxed and self-confident whenever I ask a woman for a date."
"If a woman rejects me, now I don't let it hurt my feelings. I get over it and move on."

Hopefully, these will be of some help to some of the newer DJs here.

[This message has been edited by bclarke675 (edited 11-06-2001).]

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Bclarke,

Good Post.

Here are some I tell myself every morning.

1) "You are a great catch."
2) "You are a good looking guy"
3) "You will find the right girl"
4) Using one of Master Don Juan Adonis's posts, I tell myself that "I love you" to myself.

This has helped me.

Legend

------------------
"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."... Ben Hogan

"Do not fear failure." George S. Patton

"Do not make excuses, whether it s your fault or not."....George S. Patton

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks! This is a good list. Printing these out and hanging them up around your home or keeping them in your wallet will help remind you to use them.

CobraGT

------------------
"If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you." T.S. Eliot

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." Ralph Waldo Emerson

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The one I have hanging in my bathroom so I can see it many times every day is:

I can make any woman feel great inside!
Knowing this, how do I walk, talk & act, and what expression is on my face?

Cuffer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. Its true that most of a buddding DJ's problems are psychological, so using these affirmations on a regular basis would be a fantastic idea.

------------------
Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a man thinketh, so is he. Accentuate the positive and purge all negative thoughts from your mind.

Great posts, fellow DJs!

[This message has been edited by Take No Dirt (edited 11-06-2001).]

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't known, but seems much more easy make some NLP exercises that associates woman to fun than wake up every morning and do positive thinking.
Both lead to success but the NLP exercises it's much more faster to get thar right vibe from girls.

Just an idea.

siegeboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
this stuff works. i used to get shot down by women on the phone a lot. so i got conditioned to be nervous on the phone. i started using affirmations like, "i enjoy talking on the phone with women" and holy shyte now when i talk on the phone my confident is overflowing.. the thing is, the change took about 4 days.. so 3 years of bad habits changed in less than a week.

gettingthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChrisFl:
Sounds like wishful thinking. How do you get yourself to believe something that isn't true?
"As you think, you shall become."
"Fake it until you make it"

You have to start somewhere. Having the right mindset is important. I read this link each night, especially before going out.

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChrisFl:
Sounds like wishful thinking. How do you get yourself to believe something that isn't true?
Your subconcious doesn't know what is true or false. It will accept any directions you give it, even negative ones.

Originally posted by ESPN:
I don't known, but seems much more easy make some NLP exercises that associates woman to fun than wake up every morning and do positive thinking.
Both lead to success but the NLP exercises it's much more faster to get thar right vibe from girls.
Just an idea.
You need to work on yourself first. How can you practice NLP when your not mentally empowered. Positive affirmations or directions for the subconcious make you feel good about yourself. Keep in mind though you've also got to purge the negative thinking before this can work.

If your interested in improving yourself checkout this book What To Say When You Talk To Your Self by Shad Helmstetter, Ph.D.. ISBN: 0-671-70882-1

It's hard to change my habits of thinking negatively, but the author proclaims that this book fills in the gaps left by almost every self-motivation book on the market. A bold statement, but I think he might be on to something. He notes that when you read self improving or motivating material the affect is short lived and that you've got to program your subconcious mind much like a computer to do as you wish. I'm still reading on it and trying to be concious of what I'm thinking whether it be negative or positive.

Later!

CobraGT

------------------
"If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you." T.S. Eliot

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." Ralph Waldo Emerson

[This message has been edited by CobraGT (edited 11-12-2001).]

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That book you recommend is great! I first read it when I was involved with Amway. I quickly realized it could be used for any purpose in my life, including attracting women.

To answer ChrisFL, until you change your state of mind, none of the rest will change. I could have been more successful all along, but I didn't believe in myself enough to let it happen. Once I started really working to change my mindset, women started reacting differently to me. Friends and family had always wondered why I didn't have success with women. They knew I was a better person than I gave myself credit for. But the key is YOU have to believe it for yourself! No matter how much anyone else believes in you, it won't help until YOU do. It took a broken engagement, then a divorce to finally make me realize who I've been all along.

Also, I want to give credit to my fellow DJs for giving me the tips and encouragement to follow through with what I needed to do to change myself. Without their help, this post, my success and my advice for others here wouldn't have been possible. Take a bow, fellow DJs!

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bclarke675:
That book you recommend is great! I first read it when I was involved with Amway. I quickly realized it could be used for any purpose in my life, including attracting women.
Cool! Do you have any further comments about it? Did it take you long to start practicing? Eliminate negative thoughts? I'm eager to try it. I'm still reading on it and haven't started using affirmations consistently yet. Did you have trouble figuring out what negative thoughts you have? I can't pinpoint mine. I don't verbalize bad things about myself. If I have negative thoughts there so fleeting I don't recognize them. The only time I find my self really doubting my self is in the presence of attractive women. Thinking back to the last time I went to a club I do remember mentally tearing myself down. I didn't even try to think positively. It's almost scary to think how great I could be if I try, especially around women. Change is scares to some extent I suppose.

Also bclarke675 how do you incorporate affirmations in your life?

CobraGT

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CobraGT, it didn't take long to start, but a very long time to master! I'm still working on catching my negative thoughts and replacing them with positive ones. I had almost 30 years of negative self-talk to defeat by the time I started reading the book. Believe it or not, this site and all the DJ posts have done a lot to make much of what I read in that book a reality. I think a good support system is a vital part of any self-help program.

As far as implimenting affirmations, I've found that putting large signs with the affirmation I'm working on at the time (I do best with one at a time) in areas around my house where I spend a lot of time (when I'm home, which isn't much) works best for me. I'm a little lazy by nature, and so it has to hit me in the face to do me any good. I use places like my bathroom mirror, my computer desk, my refrigerator, etc. I should use my TV, but it's hard to practice my karaoke when I can't read the words on the screen. lol

Hope that helps!

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bclarke675,

Did you ever use audio tapes?

CobraGT

Lorenzo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every morn I wake up and flex, and say:

"Ohhhhh yeeeaaaaaa"

And to me that is the equivilant of: "I love myself, I am DAMN SEXY, and I KNOW that I am a MAN!"

<But thats me =]>

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CobraGT:
bclarke675,

Did you ever use audio tapes?

CobraGT
I tried using tapes, but they didn't seem that effective. I'm more of a visual learner. Everyone is different. If you learn better by hearing something, try recording your affirmations on tape or CD and play them before you go to bed, first thing when you get up in the morning and on long drives in the car.

According to studies on the subject, the more senses you involve, the better the results! That's why it's recommended that you write your affirmations down by hand, then read them aloud at least three times. This way, you've involved your touch, sight and hearing, as well as your mind.

[This message has been edited by bclarke675 (edited 12-02-2001).]