Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

[AFC post beware] i hate myself for it

Juan Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i completed the no contact challenge and even months after that. no contacting the ex or anything. she then sends me a birthday card and also asks if we can talk. i know i shouldn't have. i hate myself for it. she was the one doing most of the talking. i flirted a little (wanted her to know i was still interested in her) but i kept that minimal saying like one or two things. i ended the conversation on a high note. she laughed while we talked and i told jokes. what should i do fellas? i don't plan to initiate contact. a part of me still wants her.

me:kick:

DMEDFISIK

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, don't contact her. You will lose. I only support making contact when you are virtually over the girl and will be indifferent to the outcome if you make contact. In your case, this isn't the case. Therefore you must do nothing, especially if she's the one who called it off.

I only contacted my ex when I didn't really care anymore, and had other beautiful women in my life worth dating. Contacting her when I wasn't mostly over her would've set me back. And this a girl I cheated on, so we both decided to take some time apart.

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't kick yourself too hard bud, as long as you played it cool and showed her your totally alright without her, you're good. Definitely do not contact her though.

I will say though that from very recent experience these type of encounters can disrupt your internal game for a while after. And it's almost like girls can smell an ex on you and it's like repellant.

Juan Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks fellas. yeah i'm not going to contact her. it's definitely been messing up my mind. but, what if she contacts me?

DMEDFISIK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Juan Don said:
thanks fellas. yeah i'm not going to contact her. it's definitely been messing up my mind. but, what if she contacts me?
Play it cool. How would you act if you were the prize? Don't analyze what she says. Only unambiguous actions matter. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.

Note: when you fear to lose a woman, that's when you do.

Juan Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
DMEDFISIK said:
Play it cool. How would you act if you were the prize? Don't analyze what she says. Only unambiguous actions matter. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.

Note: when you fear to lose a woman, that's when you do.
that's the thing. i don't know if i still have her at all? alright. i'll keep playing it cool. i was going to ask what her intentions were as i still have feelings for her. if she said she had no more feelings between us i thought to just ignore and just not communicate with her anymore. but i won't bring that up when we talk.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Juan Don said:
This is the thing about NC. Inevitably she DOES reach out to you. If you're serious about NC, you have to make it nigh impossible. Block her # on your phone, delete her from social networks, block her email. I know it sounds extreme, but you do NC for YOUR mental health, not to prove that you're "over her" or out of some sense of one-ups-manship.

If she does get past your Maginot Line, you must ignore anyway, at least until you are honestly okay with being a platonic "friend" with her. (Note: this will happen someday in the future.) Because if you're still wondering what her intentions are, it means you still have feelings for her.

I know it seems cruel that a woman would torture you like that, but it's human nature for her to wonder if you really DID get over her that quickly. Women always come sniffing around when you ignore them long enough. They want the satisfaction of knowing you still pine for them, or, failing that, they want you to be a "friend" so that their guilt over the breakup can be soothed somewhat.

My advice is ignore, or if she persists just brush her off. "Can't talk now, have plans tonight. Will try to call you later this week." Then, of course, don't. Do what you can to avoid any kind of "talk." That leads nowhere.

origin138

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In addition to samspade's excellent reply, try to remember why she's your ex to begin with. You're both each other's ex for a reason. Avoid the temptation to look at the past with rose-colored glasses.