Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice plzz

Lateralus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is very simple.

Last month I tried to pick-up a girl in a bar... she is a friend of my brothers' girlfriend actually and she's befriended with my younger sister too. I thought I totally screwed up that night because I was drunk. But lately I heard from my brother she kind of likes me (not sure in what way, yet).
I just play it cool, even in front of my brother and his GF. That means I am not going to ask them her number or something. But the thing is: I only have her facebook and I don't know when/where to meet her. My brother said he wanted to set up something, maybe that's the only way to go?

Right now I really have to urge to play it through facebook, because I really don't know when I will see her again. I didn't do it yet, because I'm affraid that could screw it all up.

What to do?

Thanks!

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No facebook!

Set something up through your brother. Get her number or something, whatever, it's all better than facebook.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's a friend of the girlfriend, then they'll hang out again. If they're hanging out again, you'll see the girl again. And I don't mean double-date style. I just mean, in a similar situation to the first time you saw her.

DJ SO STEVE

Don Juan
Reaction score
When the iron is hot strike! A lot of people meetup off facebook. And you already have a connection to this girl. It won't matter if you talk to her off facebook or in person to set a meeting date. If she likes you she'll come out. If she doesn't then she won't you'll know by her response.

Lateralus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I admit that I've the feeling I should act quick. But I still have my doubts about doing it on facebook. Maybe I should just wait for the next opportunity to meet her in person... But then it might be too late already.

Nkognito

Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to be the challenge man. If you give in and start chasing her then you are to easily won over. Facebook is in no way to get a date with the girl and from what your brother said, if he is not yanking your chain then let him set something up and play coy when you meet her.

She is a girl, they run off emotions, let those do the foot work. You'll find out that the chase is the gas for her attraction. If you give in to soon or too much then you will lesson her desire and not be such a reward.

Key points, let your brother do the work setting something up, be the life of the party when you're out i.e. make a good fun impression on her, let her take the bait. My sister told me once that girls tend to think like browser tabs, they open one and then bounce to another and another and another and never going back to the original one they opened.

Lateralus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks! Looks like I have the answers now... I have to put some 'behind the scenes' effort to meet her again. I will avoid Facebook, so I can do this in real life.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
LOL...wow. It's that complicated?

I'm taking it that you know how to reach her on FB because she's on your brother's FB page, and not because you stalked her out.

Send her a message on FaceBook telling her you want to hang out, then suggest a time and a place (something fun, yadda yadda yadda). You don't have to "friend" her or anything like that...just see what she comes back with. Or sh!t, just tell her you had fun and want to hang out again and ask for her number.

Throw the bait out there and see if she bites. Just don't get up her arse on FB and it'll be fine.

And next time, when you and a girl have a fun time together and you want to see her again, for God's sake, ASK FOR HER NUMBER. That way you won't have to do all this desperate probing around. ;)

In the meantime, have other things (girls) to do, so you won't be sitting around waiting for a response. If you get one, great. If not, great, move on. That's what "being a challenge" is...not putting on an "aloof" act. Don't worry about orchestrating sh!t "behind the scenes"...if she is kinda interested (she's already said she is), move NOW. Be direct. And if she hesitates, THEN you bounce onto girl #2.

Lateralus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks squirrels!

Well, I am a complicated person, haha. Sometimes I need someone to simplify things for me. In the end I hope I can do that myself :). So thanks a lot for your reply. Umm... with desperate probing you mean having my bro set something up?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Lateralus said:
Thanks squirrels!

Well, I am a complicated person, haha. Sometimes I need someone to simplify things for me. In the end I hope I can do that myself :). So thanks a lot for your reply. Umm... with desperate probing you mean having my bro set something up?
You're 26, not 16. You don't need a "set-up". You met this girl, had a good time...now send her a message and ask for her number.

Lateralus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man. ****, she is downtown right now. But none of my friends want to join me tonight...Dammit. There goes a chance to hang out with her. :(.

I'll send her a message then.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Patience, Lateralus :). Don't be too anxious to meet up with her ASAP. She's downtown tonight, so what... You'll get to her anyway, if it's not tonight, it's next week or some other time. Control your desire, lol.

@ Squirrels: Hmm, I'm wondering... I figure it's always best to go with the 'real life' approach instead of the 'online' approach, coz it shows balls. Similarly to calling a girl instead of texting her... So from that perspective, I would think it's best to get the girl's number through his brother, coz it's the 'real life' option. Yet, you regard this as a "set up" associated with high school kids...

First of all, do you really think it's that high school'ish? I mean... Suppose he didn't have her on facebook and getting her number through his brother was his only option... Wouldn't he simply be a guy looking to get in contact with a girl through any means he has available?
Secondly, even if it should be considered a high school'ish move, which is worse: making a high school'ish move or making a move that shows lack of balls (choosing the 'online' approach)?

Your thoughts?