"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Advice on ****y & funny

mrtguy

New Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I was thinking what is a good response for "where do you live?" I came up with: "on a park bench" or "in a van down by the river" and although I think these are funny, I don't know if they are ****y enough.

Are these good responses to be ****y & funny? or should I avoid putting down myself like this?

What would be a better answer for the question, and what are some tips to be ****y & funny, without putting myself down, or making fun of myself?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

ryanvalmont

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by mrtguy
I was thinking what is a good response for "where do you live?" I came up with: "on a park bench" or "in a van down by the river" and although I think these are funny, I don't know if they are ****y enough.

Are these good responses to be ****y & funny? or should I avoid putting down myself like this?

What would be a better answer for the question, and what are some tips to be ****y & funny, without putting myself down, or making fun of myself?
Hey Mrtguy the best response i see here is say "i live on a park bench"...it's BRILLIANT..very c&f

Plus i don't think it's putting yaself down if ya say it in the right tone.
 

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
Re: Re: Advice on ****y & funny

Originally posted by ryanvalmont
Hey Mrtguy the best response i see here is say "i live on a park bench"...it's BRILLIANT..very c&f

Plus i don't think it's putting yaself down if ya say it in the right tone.
how is that ****y? thats funny but is more of a goofy funny

****y would be something like...."i live in a huge mansion with a harem of 100 women, my lifestyle is kinda like hugh hefners"
 

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
Even though I believe being able to make fun of yourself is a good character trait, I don't believe you should do it too often. See, it's a psychological thing. The more you tell someone you are stupid - even though you are not - the more likely they are to believe it. The same goes for yourself.

The human mind is a powerful thing and it should be used wisely. If you go on bragging about how smart you are in a funny way, you are being more positive towards yourself. And even though people know you are only kidding, somehow some of this sticks around and they'll be more likely to believe you are smart instead of stupid.

Being and ****y and funny works the same way. You are overly confident - but never really serious and somehow it rubs off.

Besides that, I believe you should look at EVERYTHING in a positive way. And ofcourse, this includes your own perfect genius self :D

i live in a huge mansion with a harem of 100 women
is a perfect example of being ****y.. added with for example:
unfortunately i have amnesia and i can't remember my exact address
(this is actually part of a joke so not very original but still it is a good example)
 

ryanvalmont

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Well i dissagree,you can be ****Y without TRYING TOO HARD to be ****y every single sentence.

I'm sorry,but i dissagree with you guy's here...that to me is ****y and funny as she's asking a proper question and your being ****y by saying **** like that.

Anyhow i guess it's down to the person,i have a diffrent sense of humor and ****yness about me like you guys do yourself's.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
you got to realize that little talk like where do you live? what do you do? what are your hobbys? blah blah blah...... is boring as **** talk if you come out with straight true answers.... you want to make yourself different, stand out between the hundreds of guys these hot girls talk to every week....

the trick is making it look natural....not like youre trying to hard... thats what makes it successful or not
 

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Dallas, Tx
Her: So what do you do for a living?

"I'm in the DRILLING business."

I love this one.

:p
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Re: Re: Re: Advice on ****y & funny

Originally posted by undesputable
how is that ****y? thats funny but is more of a goofy funny

****y would be something like...."i live in a huge mansion with a harem of 100 women, my lifestyle is kinda like hugh hefners"
FIELD TEST

All right you DJ/WBAFCs, this is your assignment, go out and test the C&F responses instead of coming up with KEYBOARD JOCKEY responses.

Because, unless you're coming off already with HIGH VALUE, that little harem line is gonna come off as TRY HARD.

Anyways, there are DHVs and DLVs that you can pull that both pump up your value as well as lower it so that you're constantly pushing the girls buttons.
 

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
i couldnt care less of what i say as long as it follows the ****y and funny and confidence guidelines, bc is a probably a girl youve just met anyways if shes asking you that.....

ive said stuff that pushes the line even more to girls ive just met....it works....yall are just thinking too hard, and remeber thats theres so many girls it doesnt matter whatsoever if they get offended, and if they do good....you learned something
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice on ****y & funny

Originally posted by JT47319
FIELD TEST

All right you DJ/WBAFCs, this is your assignment, go out and test the C&F responses instead of coming up with KEYBOARD JOCKEY responses.
Hey guys, I field tested some of the ****y funny examples you are coming up with.

In response to a girl today asking where I was from, I purposefully used the line:

"Ohh, I don't remember back that far. All I remember is a park bench, and a van."

She just responded by saying "OK", like she knew I was joking but didn't think it was funny.

On the other hand before this when she invited me over to see her she said "we can talk about anything." I leaned over to her and said "really, anything?" She replied by saying "everything except for you and me having sex."

So yeah, don't use that line. But she wasn't interested anyways so maybe it will work for someone else in some other situation.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

HHloser2

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
So if she asks

"how you been?" you can answer "Just living life to its fullest with my many girls"

"Whats your name"
" IF its really THAT important to you.....name."

"Where do you live?"
"In a giant house with many servants and girlfriends....Sadly they kicked me out for breaking rules".

"Can you help me"
"I am VERY VERY busy but since your begging i will"

are these any good?
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
If you have some kind of joke response to every single question she asks, you're just going to come off as a weirdo or some kind of con artist.

If you're a funny guy, you can fit plenty of ****y + funny into the convo without fake answers.
 

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
have all of you guys had enough experience with women yet?

im starting to believe JT....that most of you are keyboard jockies....

the point there is not just being ****y and funny... it also makes you even more interesting and a little mysterious which is good....

as ive said like 20 times already if a girl is asking you where do you live? is probably bc you just met her, and is not good to get in a conversation and answer all her questions with a true answer and give her all theres to know about you(thats just boring)....if you do tell her a lot about yourself with the true boring answers, it probably wont do you any bad but it wont do you any good either(and remeber youre tryin to come up between all the other AFC, that answer with true boring answers)....and it also says that youre not going to sit there and answer every single question she asks you...

im not saying everything you tell her is got to be ****y and funny and fake, theres of course a balance, for everything to go right....but little questions that really probably wont raise any interesting conversation,(like where do you live? what do you do?") those are perfect opportunities to even make the little talk interesting....

then when some other interesting conversation comes up your answers can be completly true, but with interesting conversation you can answer honestly yet still ****y and funny.

and then the classic argument of "is not what you say, is how you say it" may come up, but if you say it the right way, and you say the right thing, well youre scoring big.... if i was a shy intimidated nervous guy, but i thought of all these ****y and funny answers, theres no way in hell id say them, cause i wont sit there for 5 mins trying to spit out a C&F answer now matter how good it might be....
 

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
2
Location
Down South. Between the Y junction.
Girl:Where do you live?

Boy:If I told you, you'll probably wanna come over and hang out. .. Look, I'm not that easy.

ALT

Boy: If I told you, you'll probably end up stalking me. I'll probably have to get an intervention order out on you. . . .

Follow on:
Boy: OK, I'll tell you, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna sleep with you.
 

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
****y and funny... based on experience, you need to MODIFY your approach of c&f depending on your target. Sometimes results are better than expected; sometimes I pull it off properly and she enjoys it; sometimes her reaction is like... "WHAT?!? IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY?"

Target type: Immigrant Filipino girl...
- With Filipino culture still fresh in her head, very easy to do C&F to her... (since I'm from the same cultural bg...)

Target type: Party//popular//talkative//confident girl
- Focus on whats goin on around you... and it depends alot on HOW you say it and not what you say. Emphasize more on the "****y" part.

Target type: Quiet//shy girl
- Try not to laugh too hard at your own jokes or it will blow it. Most of the time, she dont react too well to C&F. Emphasize more on the "funny" part... Being too ****y can turn her off.

Target type: Anime//movie//game freak
- Always put references to certain anime//manga//movies and relate it to whatever you're sayin...

... and so on and so forth...

Also... take note that humor is different for different cultures...
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You don't have to have a ****y answer to every question. In fact, if you're good at conversation, the girl will set you up sometimes.

Also, this is one of the reasons that action dates are much better than dinner-and-a-movie style dates...because if you're halfway decent at pool/bowling/golf/whatever it is (or you just get a lucky break), you get the opportunity to run your mouth a little...which is something you'd do anyway with your friends, so it should be NATURAL. :D
 
Top