Ok.. small question and opinions sought on this one...
ok.. there is this girl that I work with that I have hooked up with in the past and broke it off and now I think, doesn't like me as I didn't choose her... and whatnot.. kinda irrelevent but it sparks sometimes a little bickering here and there... and usually I'm ok and calm about, letting it fall off my shoulder... but one time we were in the car and I was driving and she was being a backseat driver telling me how to drive and all this crap... so I say
"Why don't you shut the f up and let me drive?"
to which her response was...
"If you ever talk to me like that again I'll smack you..."
and I reply in kind...
me- "that would be a very bad idea..."
her- "what? you would hit me back?"
me- "do you want to find out...?"
so anyway... at that time a friend jumped in and nothing happened, but it set the precedence that now I hit women...
and I will say this now... I do not hit women.... I hit b*tches who initiate violence upon me first... and I agree that I could have used kinder words looking back but thats what came out as i was really pissed.... (hey! look at that! I"m human after all!!)
and so a week later (tonight in fact, which is why I'm asking...) her sister is over and were all around the table talking, shooting the sh*t... and I forget how but someone brings up the statement "Jin hits girls...." to which every girl and guy gasp and look at me in shock and disbelief... so I try to clarify... " No, I don't hit girls, I defend myself from anyone initiating violence upon me.. wether it be guy or girl..."
and of course like all retarded AFCs with no understanding of any kind of combat side with the girls and say "You shouldnt hit girls no matter what...." or even more ludicrous " only if your life is threatned.." and I was like....
" So I can only defend myself or fight back when my life is in mortal danger..?"
so she was like "You know you shouldn't tell people that...blah..blah..blah... "
so here is where I have a dilema... and opinions are sought...
is it ok to tell women and people in general your beliefs..? not only about striking women but on other stuff as well..??
I know that unless somone asks specificly about what you believe then you just don't bring it up... that part I understand... but what if it does come up..? do you try to avoid it or do you tell them..? what if it conflicts with widespread belief...? like hitting women..?
like I said before, I don't mind sharing my beliefs, but when people ask me and I tell them and its not with the majority or "popularly" held belief... what do you do...? I stand by what I believe in but what if it shocks alot of people close to you..? what then... ???
I know I know... delicate issue but one with which I have alot of trouble with sometimes...
I look forward to your responses...
Best,
Jin
ok.. there is this girl that I work with that I have hooked up with in the past and broke it off and now I think, doesn't like me as I didn't choose her... and whatnot.. kinda irrelevent but it sparks sometimes a little bickering here and there... and usually I'm ok and calm about, letting it fall off my shoulder... but one time we were in the car and I was driving and she was being a backseat driver telling me how to drive and all this crap... so I say
"Why don't you shut the f up and let me drive?"
to which her response was...
"If you ever talk to me like that again I'll smack you..."
and I reply in kind...
me- "that would be a very bad idea..."
her- "what? you would hit me back?"
me- "do you want to find out...?"
so anyway... at that time a friend jumped in and nothing happened, but it set the precedence that now I hit women...
and I will say this now... I do not hit women.... I hit b*tches who initiate violence upon me first... and I agree that I could have used kinder words looking back but thats what came out as i was really pissed.... (hey! look at that! I"m human after all!!)
and so a week later (tonight in fact, which is why I'm asking...) her sister is over and were all around the table talking, shooting the sh*t... and I forget how but someone brings up the statement "Jin hits girls...." to which every girl and guy gasp and look at me in shock and disbelief... so I try to clarify... " No, I don't hit girls, I defend myself from anyone initiating violence upon me.. wether it be guy or girl..."
and of course like all retarded AFCs with no understanding of any kind of combat side with the girls and say "You shouldnt hit girls no matter what...." or even more ludicrous " only if your life is threatned.." and I was like....
" So I can only defend myself or fight back when my life is in mortal danger..?"
so she was like "You know you shouldn't tell people that...blah..blah..blah... "
so here is where I have a dilema... and opinions are sought...
is it ok to tell women and people in general your beliefs..? not only about striking women but on other stuff as well..??
I know that unless somone asks specificly about what you believe then you just don't bring it up... that part I understand... but what if it does come up..? do you try to avoid it or do you tell them..? what if it conflicts with widespread belief...? like hitting women..?
like I said before, I don't mind sharing my beliefs, but when people ask me and I tell them and its not with the majority or "popularly" held belief... what do you do...? I stand by what I believe in but what if it shocks alot of people close to you..? what then... ???
I know I know... delicate issue but one with which I have alot of trouble with sometimes...
I look forward to your responses...
Best,
Jin