"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Advice on Prom Approach

gym_addict

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
What's up guys,
I'm somewhat new, I usually just lerk on the boards. Anyway, there's a girl I met a while back that goes to my school and we've talked a bit but nothing too substantial just occasional hi and smile. Anyway, she asked around and found my aim sn and said she thought i was "interesting", i guess cause both our parents are in the radio industry. Anyway, its been a little while since that happened and I'm gonna ask her to my prom and i was thinking of something along the lines of this:

Me: Hey, you got a second?
Her: Sure (or some variation)
Me: What are you doing May x
Her: I dunno (or nothing or hopefully some response that she's free)
Me: Good, I want to take you to prom(i was also thinking "Good, im taking you to prom").
Her: Ok (or some form of "yes")
Me: Ok, just worry about finding a dress and leave the rest to me.

EDIT: This would NOT be online, but in person (I'm not that stupid...i think.)

You guys got any suggestions? things i should change or add? Thanks in advance
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
It's not totally clear from your post if you plan to do this online or in person...In person it's fine, but you should never ask someone out online.
 

gym_addict

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
O hell no, not on aim. After school is when i wanted to do it. I just added that in to give you an idea of how well she knows me. I was planning to ask her on her way to theatre, cause she directs or some sh!t. I think i may have passed up an opportunity a while back with her, I dunno.
 

gym_addict

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
O yea, anything you guys would add? maybe make it more comical and get a rise out of her?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Humor's always good :) But like you said, make it to where you're not really asking her, you're telling her. But hey, if you wanna make it comical, go for it. Luckily, I wont have to worry about this for another year :p Good luck tho man.
 

dip

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
900
Reaction score
0
Location
nu juru
NOT GOOD DAWGY!!!

Girls dont like being talked to like that unless you know them well...or you're the sheit :p :p

Start talking to her and joking around her and say somethig like
"so u tryin to go to prom this year"
compliment her and say
"yeah you;d look really good in a dress"
then go for the kill and say
"me and you would have a good time there you should come with me"
or
"you're mad cool i really would like you to come to my prom with me"

just think of something smooth like that !
 

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
Next time you see her, just start talking to her. Don't worry about what the topic of conversation is, just talk - get comfortable with each other before you go popping any questions.

After a few minutes, when you're both having a good time and you're both comfortable and relaxed around each other, just ask her. Don't try any elaborate setup. Even if she's talking about something ridiculous like fast food - just ask her to prom. Or be a total idiot like me and tell her you've finally decided that she's worthy to be your prom date (smile when you say this, silly:) )
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Good luck man, but don't plan on being able to follow your script even if it is just such a brief crib, gals have the tendancy to throw a spanner in the works and do totally illogical things. Be prepared to freestyle it as nothing goes to plan, but fundamentally you should say something along those lines but maybe with some flirting/C+F/kino/something thrown in so that she sees that this is a date because you are interested in her, not purely as a prom date so you dont look like a loner.
 

oprahjimfrey

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
humor is good, as long as it doesnt look planned. its gotta be spontaneous or else it will come off as bad.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top