"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Advice on pick up style

someperson12

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hi there (sorry if this isn't all that clear....buts its late and i'm getting sleepy)

I'd like to ask a question about the appropriate pick up style to use.

I'm by nature a pretty nice person (not in the chump way). I'm not weak willed and i will stand up for myself, but i'm not a jerk by nature. I've tried the "jerk" style approach (for lack of better ways of description), and although it sometimes works, this eventually gets to the point where i'm out of scripted lines (causes im not really a jerk by nature and its unnatural).

Anyways, i'd like to ask, what "style" of approach would it be best for me to use? Should i establish some form of "connection" (you know, "soul mates kind"), or keep acting like a "bad boy" (again, not that i wouldn't fight if i had to, but its really NOT me)?
Or any other suggestions

Some information about myself might help you give better advice

Traits about me

1)Polite
2)Leaning on the quiet side (although NOT extremely and I can hold a conversation) (and i'm not afraid to approach women)
3)somewhat intellectual/smart
4) Not arrogant or a jerk (generally nice)
5) Generally confident
6) Not drop dead gorgeous but reasonably good looking

Am Not

1) a*hole or bad boy (dont do drugs, drink or anything like that)
2) Jerk or arrogant

Advice appreciated thanks (preferably, please give a DETAILED response)
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

someperson12

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
hi there would anyone have any advice (if you need something clarified (something i wasn't clear on).......feel free to ask)
 

someperson12

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
umm anyone with advice (hehe seems to be quite a number of views but no replies yet)
 

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
youre the one that decides youe style....but from what you tell about yourself,it seems like youre should rely on chivalery and being a gentleman....just dont be clingy or desperate or boring
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by someperson12
Traits about me

1)Polite
2)Leaning on the quiet side (although NOT extremely and I can hold a conversation) (and i'm not afraid to approach women)
3)somewhat intellectual/smart
4) Not arrogant or a jerk (generally nice)
5) Generally confident
6) Not drop dead gorgeous but reasonably good looking

Am Not

1) a*hole or bad boy (dont do drugs, drink or anything like that)
2) Jerk or arrogant

Advice appreciated thanks (preferably, please give a DETAILED response)
Hey..you sound just like me...although I AM drop dead gorgeous..hahaha:D

Your 'style' as you put it, is a reflection of who you REALLY are inside. You cant just say "hey...lets be nerdy today" and become a nerd. You can follow a path, but, your own experiences will determine what 'style' you use when approaching women. It all takes time, trial/error, and your judgement.

As for myself...

When it comes to women..hell..when it comes to people in general, I'm what you would call the ****y funny guy at the party. Women often call me a dork or goofy..but hey...who wouldnt love a fun going guy who enjoys life, can laugh at himself or any situation, and is genuinely happy about the people around him.

For me, this works because I've field tested it, have had success being a dork, and enjoy my life more when I dont take this whole DJ thing too seriously. DJing is supposed to be fun...not work.

Read the DJB and use it as a guideline to find your style...
 

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
To develop a pick-up style, you must first learn how to pick up women.

Despite all the reading and everything on the forum, approaching women and sexing them comes down to a few small principles:

1 - approach
2 - smile / laughter
3 - curiosity
4 - ability to read reactions
5 - persistance - because alot of rejections happen before you get good.

There's probably a couple more that could be added, within these lines though is where you develop your style.

For example, a hundred people could all approach a hundred different ways, get her to smile a hundred different ways, have different levels of curiosity, have different levels of skill at reading people, and each will have differing levels of persistance (those with much success in macking will usually have ALOT).

With just this short list, and a hundred people to compare, that means there are about 100^5 possible styles of macking.

The only real way to develop your own style is to get started and see what works for yourself.
 

someperson12

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Just curious (since someone mentioned different styles)...........what styles exists? For example. some people seem to have success acting as a bad boy while for others the gentlement approach seems to work. Just curious, what seems to work for you guys (i do have some experience but i'm curious on what works for everyone else)
 

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
It looks like your temperment is a lot like mine. I'm workign on cultivating an attitude that is attractive to the women, and I want it to be in line with who I am naturally. Personally, acting like a full on jerk doesn't work for me since it's not in my nature and it will look fake.

I'm a person that's quiet by nature but at times likes social interaction. When I'm with my friends, I'm sarcastic, witty, and I give them a lot of sh!t. I've decided to treat women I talk to similar to how I treat my friends, except I tone things down a little and I add the flirting and teasing. So far it seems to be working and I've already noticed the way my female friends react around me. They're much more flirtatious now and I think there might be opportunities to hook up with a couple of them.

As you get used to socializing with women, you'll see what works and what doesn't and what works with your personality. Once that all comes together, you're golden.
 
Top