Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice on college transfering

John_Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, this is primarily for the older/more mature folks who have gone through more than I have. This isn't really about women and that's why I posted it up here.

I am debating whether they change universities. I am currently studying engineering but I find I really hate it. There is a much more presitigous school and I am interested in the business program there.

I have enough grades and extra curriculars (e.g. I started a business and a foundation, host a radio show, wrote a book on my spare time, part of Free the Children, etc) so getting in
isn't a problem.

I had no desire to be an engineer when I graduate. What I want to do is start my own business. This I have already done but I hope to get something much larger scale when I graduate.

The things is tuition at the other school is very expensive (twice what I am paying right now) and I feel bad spending too much of my parent's money; I'm sure they'd pay, but then I feel really bad.

Admittedly, I don't really do much for my parents and I feel terrible spending more of their money.

However, I am certain that right now I am in the wrong major and that switching schools is something I really wish to do.

"In-school" major changing is not an option; no other major interests me.

Got any advice? I know its not the best thing to ask for advice on these things, but I'd really like some input.

Please feel free to ask questions.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What year are you? I may not be very old but I've done a fair amount of research about transferring credits and changing majors. You'll probably have a good 3 or 4 years left once you change your major. If you feel bad about your parents paying apply for scholarships or get a student loan. I'm sure your parents would support you. You've been successful already so the more successful you are will mean more to them, even if you don't do sh*t for them now.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just went through a transfer this year. I just started feeling the same doubts you're probably feeling and when they weren't going away I just made the plunge and did it. I feel so much better after doing it. Sometimes you've got to do what you know you need to do in order to make yourself happy. If you want to get out of a major then you've got to do it. What's the point in graduating with a degree/skill you'll never want to use? You'll just go back to college and spend more money.

John_Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WhitePimp
What's the point in graduating with a degree/skill you'll never want to use? You'll just go back to college and spend more money.
I never thought of it that way. Thanks, good point.