"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Advice Needed: Helped a Friend, now he's turned his back on me

Willie Naylor

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2021
Messages
886
Reaction score
695
For the last 4 months, I've twisted myself into a pretzel to help a friend get back on his feet. I've opened a few doors for him and gotten him some opportunities for various things.

Sometime in the last month, he's pretty much started ignoring me. He's never thanked me for doing all that I've done for him, and isn't really communicating anything to me about how things are going.

How should I handle this?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

powersize

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2019
Messages
330
Reaction score
216
Age
32
Location
Europe
For the last 4 months, I've twisted myself into a pretzel to help a friend get back on his feet. I've opened a few doors for him and gotten him some opportunities for various things.

Sometime in the last month, he's pretty much started ignoring me. He's never thanked me for doing all that I've done for him, and isn't really communicating anything to me about how things are going.

How should I handle this?
It is not your friend
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
You should handle it by not being a pushover next time. Quit helping people out! You’ll never get anything in return and they’ll just keep asking for more more more. It’ll never be appreciated and it’ll never be repaid. You’ve learned a very valuable lesson the hard way. We all have. Now just remember this next time someone needs help.
 

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
For the last 4 months, I've twisted myself into a pretzel to help a friend get back on his feet. I've opened a few doors for him and gotten him some opportunities for various things.

Sometime in the last month, he's pretty much started ignoring me. He's never thanked me for doing all that I've done for him, and isn't really communicating anything to me about how things are going.

How should I handle this?
Handle it the same way you would handle a woman's bad behavior -- silence and distance. Agree and amplify his decision to ignore you. Continuing to try to talk to him will do nothing. Unfortunately, he has told you a lot with his decision ignore after you helped him like you did. He will need to come to you at this point for you to continue to provide him your friendship.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Zimbabwe

Banned
Joined
Aug 29, 2021
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
3,079
Age
30
It is a hard pill to swallow when you go out of your way to help someone who does not appreciate it.

Instead of continuing to devote time and energy to people who do not appreciate you, invest in those that do apperciate your efforts
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
It is a hard pill to swallow when you go out of your way to help someone who does not appreciate it.

Instead of continuing to devote time and energy to people who do not appreciate you, invest in those that do apperciate your efforts
What I’ve learned is that the ones who don’t appreciate you are the ones who are the most demanding. The ones who do appreciate you never ask you for anything. Funny how that works huh?
 

Francis

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
68
Reaction score
65
Age
48
What I’ve learned is that the ones who don’t appreciate you are the ones who are the most demanding. The ones who do appreciate you never ask you for anything. Funny how that works huh?
Indeed. I've found that toxic people (selfish, demanding, unappreciative... to name only a few) are far more pushy and aggressive. It's usually because they feel entitled. As much as it sucks to have these kind of people out there, it's great once you learn to distinguish them from the rest. But of course it sometimes takes a while for true colors to reveal themselves.
 

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,425
For the last 4 months, I've twisted myself into a pretzel to help a friend get back on his feet. I've opened a few doors for him and gotten him some opportunities for various things.

Sometime in the last month, he's pretty much started ignoring me. He's never thanked me for doing all that I've done for him, and isn't really communicating anything to me about how things are going.

How should I handle this?

Nothing to do. Very few real friends out there. Everyone is out for themselves.
 
Top