Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice for stepson in Army

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a bonus son who has a decision coming up to either reenlist or get out of the army. Airborne with 18 jumps, never been deployed and stationed in Alaska. Reenlisting for 3 years would likely get him a European assignment in Italy or Germany. He expresses some dismay he has not done a tour in a hostile area.

He is a smart kid. I think he should use his GI bill to pay for his housing and tuition for at least the first 2 years of university. He is worried he "doesn't know what he would like to do" so he might reenlist. Both his parents have 4 year degrees.

@RangerMIke and other Army Vets, any words of wisdom for what another 3 years in the US Army could mean for him?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a bonus son who has a decision coming up to either reenlist or get out of the army. Airborne with 18 jumps, never been deployed and stationed in Alaska. Reenlisting for 3 years would likely get him a European assignment in Italy or Germany. He expresses some dismay he has not done a tour in a hostile area.

He is a smart kid. I think he should use his GI bill to pay for his housing and tuition for at least the first 2 years of university. He is worried he "doesn't know what he would like to do" so he might reenlist. Both his parents have 4 year degrees.

@RangerMIke and other Army Vets, any words of wisdom for what another 3 years in the US Army could mean for him?
First off, tell him I said thank you for his service. And thanks to other men putting their lives on the line in whatever shape or form for others.

Second, I do not believe the government nor society does enough to assist veterans to plug back into society. The longer he stays in the army the harder it will be down the line. The Army does provide some financial assistance and some other programs (like trade schools), so I would be inclined to advise him to use his GI bill towards starting to plug back into society and do something he can feel fulfillment.

On the other hand, if he has already planned for his future and has a strong financial foundation waiting for him when he gets out, traveling and experiencing the world is never a bad idea. However, I would leave it to other Army vets to provide insight as to what that actually looks like vs what one might expect.

Modern Man Advice