Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice For A Short Friend

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and one of my buddies that I haven't seen in a while were out grabbing a drink yesterday. We were talking about our recent social lives concerning women and all that jazz. I asked him how he has been doing recently with women and he said he hasn't been having good luck.

He broke up with his girlfriend of 2 years about 3 months ago, and has been going to bars/clubs recently. However, either due to rustiness or something else, he told me that he just doesn't have the "edge" anymore to approach girls and talk to them confidently. He told me mainly it was because he is a smaller guy (around 5'6) so many guys in bars and clubs tower over him which he says is a big intimidation factor, especially when approaching women who are wearing high heels or having to deal with another guy approaching a woman who he would be currently trying to flirt with. He says that he got too complacent because his girlfriend got used to his height which made him not have to worry about it, but now being single he has to deal with the challenges of competing against men who are taller than him.

I give quite a bit of advice on this forum and in real life, but I was just stumped on this one and couldn't really give my vertically-challenged friend any legitimate solid advice on overcoming his problems.

I could give him the whole "just be more confident" spiel all day, but honestly I have high doubts that will work. It's something more than that. It's a big psychological factor for him.

Advice that I can pass along would be great. Thanks.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I can help here since im 5'5

Truth is, it is harder for shorter guys, but thats only if you make it a big deal. Ive banged girls who where as tall as 5'9 no problem.

I look at tall girls at the club or bar as a challenge. Also there are certain girls out there who like short guys, i was opened by a girl was about 5'10. Had tall girls approach me on the dance floor because of my confidence.

He literally has to not care in this situation and accept it for what it is and like nike says "just do it"

Remember for every tall girls there is a short girl.

Half of then are about 5'3-5'6 without heals on, have him picture the girl throwing there heals off, getting in his bed and him bending there ass over in fu*king them.

In bed, where technically al the same size anyway, no one knows the difference when your face to face

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on the shorter side. Online this is a killer. I don't want to seem cynical but short guys should not be dating online. In real life this has never been a problem. I've never been shut down for being short, not that I know of, anyway. I've gotten with short girls and tall girls alike. Having game, confidence, style, etc. Everything you would need to attract a girl anyway. If you have those things, you're good. Regardless of height.

damnsam

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the US the average male height is 5'10" while for women it's 5'4" so being 5'6" isn't that short! Considering he just got out of a long term relationship he's probably just rusty or might need some more time to get over his ex and mentally get back into the game. He can't change his height but if he has some extra weight or looks a little stocky losing some weight would make him look taller. Also he can get some "Tom Cruise shoes" with lifts that will add 1.5 to 2 inches. Boots also work well since they have heels. Also a well fitting outfit can make you look slimmer and taller. Usually darker solid colors, maybe a dress shirt with vertical stripes that go up and down, stay away from shirts with stripes that go horizontal. Another final advice is having good posture next time your out.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
1. Sit at the bar. It's easier for a shorter guy to game seated. This might mean bars rather than clubs.

2. Avoid the dance floor unless he's a really good dancer or he's hitting it off with a chick. Everybody is standing. It's a big height comparison.

3. Avoid the super short 5' or 5'2"ish girls (unless they show interest first). You might logically think they would be "easier" for a shorter guy. Wrong. They are (generally) the biggest height wh@res who want 6'2" guys as a way of compensating.

4. Elevator shoes or boots are ok but don't do more than 2" of lift. Don't want to "shrink" too much when he undresses in front of the chick he pulled.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
3. Avoid the super short 5' or 5'2"ish girls (unless they show interest first). You might logically think they would be "easier" for a shorter guy. Wrong. They are (generally) the biggest height wh@res who want 6'2" guys as a way of compensating.
Petite chicks tend to be big size queens in general, it's an interesting phenomenon.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Very true.
It even extends to their choice of vehicle, it seems like 3/4 of the giant SUVs on the road are driven by some short woman who you'd think would need a ladder to get into the driver's seat.

I remember years back seeing an interview with three playboy models, two average sized white girls and a really petite asian chick, and the interviewer asked them "if size really does matter." The two white girls are each like "not really, it matters much more than he can use it well" but then the interviewer gets to the third chick who just goes on and on about how she has to have a big c0ck to the point that the other two look embarrassed to be seen with her.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerro said:
Petite chicks tend to be big size queens in general, it's an interesting phenomenon.
This has been discussed before. My theory is, the smaller the girl, the bigger her need for protection, so she wants a big guy. And a big SUV.

Also, tall guys are handy to have around to get stuff off of shelves for her that she can't reach herself. And strong guys to open jars for her.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
zekko said:
This has been discussed before. My theory is, the smaller the girl, the bigger her need for protection, so she wants a big guy. And a big SUV.

Also, tall guys are handy to have around to get stuff off of shelves for her that she can't reach herself. And strong guys to open jars for her.
Agreed.

I just meant that there is also an ego component. I've heard these girls say something like "Well I don't want us BOTH to be short.". That's what I meant.

Anyway my only point is avoid the extremes: the super tall and the super short girls.

For guys under 6', maybe a 5'3" to 5'5" gal might be optimal.

As always mileage will vary.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerro said:
This is definitely a phenomenon.
I slept with a petite 4'10 girl on the weekend
I'm 6'4 :p !!!

While I was mackin her, I told her that the reason she was attracted to me was because "nature seeks a balance".

She instantly agreed with that like "AHA!" look on her face, and fifteen minutes later we were out of there and back to her place hehehe

CostaDeSol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"At a humble 5’7”, Tom Cruise is somehow larger than life. I think his success is do in part to the intensity that he brings to the screen. This energy seems to be an inherent part of his character, but you can tell that he works hard too."

http://www.themodestman.com/famous-short-men-part-1-actors/

I would say that it is all about he carries himself. If your short friend walks around like he is shortness is bothering him then it will show. He needs to stay confident to keep his game strong.

I am short myself, I'm 5'7". Usually what gets girls to notice me is my confidence. When I'm confident about what I'm doing, I know NOTHING can stop me.