Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

advice column: My Partner’s Sexual History Is Way More Intense Than I Thought [sic]

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
I have been with the most amazing woman for the past several years ... Recently, through a combination of causal conversation, a few direct questions, and just a little bit of math, I have come to understand my partner’s sexual history is a bit more, and possibly quite a bit more, colorful than I had led myself to believe. She did present as a “simple woman” with a very “boring” past, so some of this is just shock, but I am surprised how much this new information is affecting me.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
This is one of those things that's fun or exciting to hear about, until it isn't. Sure maybe hearing about that single one night stand years ago can be interesting but when it turns into 20 one nights stands or the night she got gangbanged by the local sports team it can very quickly turn into a deal breaker and lead to the end of things, at least for many guys. Be careful what you wish for.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
This is one of those things that's fun or exciting to hear about, until it isn't. Sure maybe hearing about that single one night stand years ago can be interesting but when it turns into 20 one nights stands or the night she got gangbanged by the local sports team it can very quickly turn into a deal breaker and lead to the end of things, at least for many guys. Be careful what you wish for.
Baseball, football, basketball or hockey?
 

Jack12345

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
752
Reaction score
428
Last edited:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
I don't even want to click that article. The guy sounds like a total beta male just from the title. Digging into a woman's history usually doesn't result in good outcomes. It's probably best if I don't know. As long as I am getting regular sex from her and our quality of sex is good, I'm not going to go there. I use condoms when having sex.
 

Jack12345

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
752
Reaction score
428
This is his choice I would not blame someone breaking into homes or cars out of boredom or ideology
Could be I'm a little bit pissed off in advance. This topic do piss me off. I need to learn to calm down like zen
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Jack12345

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
752
Reaction score
428
No man my T levels are about to blow out. I need to find a temporary oneity or something like that. Today in the office a horny young married girl i spoke to took her knee out the table signaling me her new dress and probably what's between her legs. I know she has a crush on me, and I have to be careful because knowing what I know now I'm not sure about anything
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
So your cool not knowing how she really is and her saying she doesn't like sex or only does boring sex for you?


Come to find out she loves it and is very open minded about it.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
There are certain women that help you to put away your bias toward drug addicts, I believe being a drug addict leaves you more dignity than commit to certain women.
Why can't it be a better wonan vs a drug addict?
 

Jack12345

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
752
Reaction score
428
There are certain women that help you to put away your bias toward drug addicts, I believe being a drug addict leaves you more dignity than commit to certain women.
Why can't it be a better wonan vs a drug addict?
Better comparison would be homeless ppl I guess

Although many are past drug addicts, very few just like being this way. I probably would not trust them... yet it does interest me to see "it" from the eye of a homeless man, like watching a show, but actually realizing u were a part of it. I also wonder if there are homeless people in North Korea or iran or if they kill them
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top