"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

advice column: I May Have Lied to My Boyfriend About My Real Relationship With My Best Friend

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
I’m a 29-year-old woman with a 29-year-old straight male best friend who lives in another state. “Billy” and I became friends back in undergrad nearly 12 years ago. We clicked and just got each other. We had a falling out a few years later, but reconnected three years ago. We can read each other and are brutally honest with each other. Billy can get a bit protective of me and needy, especially when he visits, since we don’t get to see each other but a handful of times a year.
I’m currently dating an early 30s man whom I’ve fallen for very quickly. We live about 90 minutes apart but spend every second we can together. However, I lied to him fairly early on. After telling him Billy was my best friend, he asked if Billy and I had previously had sex. I said no, but previously Billy and I had a friends-with-benefits period in undergrad that lasted three weeks. After we reconnected, which was as I was breaking up with a boyfriend, I used Billy as a rebound for a couple days. That was back in 2018. Nothing sexual has happened between him and me since.
my opinion: Billy is the Beta-in-Waiting that is always there to access when a Chad is not in the picture; at least he seems to get some FWB action from time to time. In any case, never trust a woman who has a good "friend" that is heterosexual. :rolleyes:
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top