"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

advice column: ‘My wife spends her free time watching teenagers, with $100K cosmetic collections, playing with makeup on YouTube’

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
My wife and I have about $4,000 in expenses each month. She brings in 14% of our total income while I bring in 86%. Before we married she lived with her wealthy parents and, from my point of view, lacks vital adult experiences she would have gained fending for herself had she lived on her own.
In January, I came across a late credit-card statement in our mail that caused me to take a closer look at her expenditures. For the past two months she had been spending, on average, $100 a day, on cosmetics. After 60 days her account was overdrawn and she had spent $6,000.
I came from a frugal lower-middle-class family. My mom has three lipsticks total. My wife has over 125 lipsticks, costing $15 to $30 each, and she keeps buying more.
I’m just exhausted. I’ve been working, planning, saving and living below my means my whole life to achieve financial independence and provide a comfortable life for my household. I max out both of our IRAs, and I am the sole contributor to our other long-term retirement goals. I am insulted and disgusted with the amount of money being spent on cosmetics.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
The beauty community is a different beast on YouTube, trust me, you don't want no smoke with these folks, most toxic culture on the Internet, unsurprisingly.
 
Top