Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

adjusting sleep cycles

handsomehunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anybody know of any techniques to adjust your workweek sleep cycle back to what it usually is, once the weekend is over? I mean, I usually go to sleep at 12 midnight on weekdays, but on the weekends, stretch it out to as much as 5 am sometimes..
But, this changes my sleep cycle so that I cannot go to bed before 3 am on Sunday night.
This makes me feel real hungover on Mondays, going into Tuesdays.

I am sure lots of you have this problem; any suggestions to go to sleep back at normal workweek times on sunday? Adjust the cycle back smoothly? Obvious answers welcome..

Sleepless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, don't go to sleep at 5 am?

Are you going clubbing, or what? If it's just you hanging around by yourself beating off or whatever, just show some restraint and hit the hay at 12.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't I see this same post yesterday?

Except yesterday Someone said that its funny a guy named sleepless answered. And then someone else said something like, "yeah I noticed but I didn't want to say anything."

Am I crazy, or did this post appear yesterday with a few more replies??

Mr. Mystery

handsomehunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I thought my question was a bit different, and anyway that was a dead topic, so this was sort of like a bump.

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to experience the exact same problem. I'm in a fraternity, so weekend partying and staying up late is the norm for me on the weekend. I also used to work at a job where I got off at 1:30 a.m. leaving my hangout time with friends(who had the same job) to after work.

The best way to adjust is to just go to asleep, and force yourself to get up at 7:00 or whatever time you normally get up during the week. However I realise this is easier said then done.

Let's say you stay up until 5 am on Friday ( which I do on a regular basis) and then go to bed. You wake up whenever on Saturday, and repeat. (stay up until 5 am) on sunday you wake up whenever (alternatively you could force yourself to get up early on Sunday instead of sleeping in, You'll be "hungover" on sunday but I guess that's better than being tired and falling asleep at work)and hang out. Now you have 2 options, you can either pull an all nighter and just not go to sleep(this takes some getting used to, if your not used to being deprived of sleep) which leaves you tired most of the day and go to sleep at 12 or maybe a little earlier, or you can go to sleep earlier on sunday say at 11 or 12 and force yourself to wake up(recommended)

I've used both of these methods and find that you are about the same amount tired if you just stay up all night, or if you force yourself to get up at your regular time.

Then again it's easy for me because I quite often on the weekends sleep for 10 or more hours at a stretch. The bottom line is you just have to goto bed on sunday at your regular time(or stay up if you want to try that) of 12,even if your not tired, even if you don't fall asleep for awhile, you're still resting and won't feel as "hungover" on Monday.

Just some advice from someone who's quite often in the same boat

Turalyon