"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Adept -Socializing aka handling women

Are you socially-adepted?

  • Yeah, I don't know If I was born, raised with it..but people know I am (or they don't).

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Nope, I still need improving.

    Votes: 18 78.3%

  • Total voters
    23

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Any of you guys here at the boards socially-adepted? Meaning if you have skills in talking with women, or good skills with handling with them.

Being borned adepted is a bit of a ratio compared with the ones who are not. Like 1:100 or possibly 1:1000. Anyways, being borned adepted with socializing should be one of the best head-starts without noticing it.

In high school or in college, don't you guys see some people much better in socializing with chicks somehow and how the people you know; or maybe you have been practicing socializing with women for years and you still don't get what you want with women? Yeah... might because of the word : adept.

This word (adept) has been the favorite of mine (besides genes, genetics, etc). Thanks to Nocturnal of course.

Not only would having a "natural" skill that made you good enough with women to touch you or whatever, but your appearance is part of it. Once they get used to your socializing, they will get used to your attitudes, then your looks.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

RedZone122

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Yes! Me! You hit my situation right on target. I can talk with women absolutely fine (senior in high school) - I just simply don't know what I want. This website is a great guideline, however.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
You've learned about genetics, heredity, chromosomes, etc. haven't you? If so, please PM me.
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Copout statements.

You were tempted to oversimplify because of your interest in genetics, or what-have-you. I guess most of us aren't 1:100 so about all of us are social gimps? Laughable.

You can empower yourself to be sociable, even if you weren't "in high school." The people that had a head start may have had a very good upbringing in a loving home with good communication. Genetics may play a role in your mood, however education and experience is the path to social affluence.
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Exactly. I don't believe anybody is born socially adept. Social skills are something you learn or get used to with practice.

I used to be very shy and introverted. I wouldn't talk to anybody unless they spoke to me first, and even then it was with great difficulty. These days, after a lot of practice and experience, I can talk to anyone and it seems like everyone wants to be my best friend.

I wouldn't change my platonic social skills in any way, but I'm not yet experienced in making advances on women I like, which is something I'm in the process of learning.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
They are trying to see if genes are what influences personality traits. Known as heredity, which comes from your parents but alot of people I know says they are not like their parents. Anyways, It could be the fact that its the enviroment or from their parents; how they raised the kid.

I'm not saying experience is not the best way, but there are ways of becoming good without it..without self-knowledge.
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
I admit that this thread was my motivation to make the thread that KiInCollege referenced. I don’t believe that social skills are attributed to genetics. Actually I even think the genetic norm is being outgoing some more than others. Very few little kids are shy. Most can go up to anybody and start a conversation. What makes them shy is how people react to them.

When he as a little kid my little brother would go up to women, start talking to them and ended up sitting on their laps. He’s not like that anymore though but he did have a lot more girls than I did when we were both kids. He lucked out by picking girls who liked him while I didn't.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Well here's something I wondering:

Could gene codes have to do with all this?
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Social restrictions, I believe, are generally the cause of embedded restrictions that come from experience. Rejection, insults, failure etc all contribute to people's fears, self-doubt and comfort levels.

If you have never experienced rejection, how can you fear it? It is something you learn.

I don't believe genes determine much more than physical traits, but I'm more of a "cause and effect" believer.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
when I was in 5th grade my family moved to a new state and I remember feeling sorry for myself cause I didn't have a lot of friends. When I told my dad about it, he really pissed me off. Expecting sympathy in return, he gave me absolutely none, and instead said I only had myself to blame. It was up to me to figure out why or what they didn't like about me. In a sense, it was up to me to figure out what makes people tick, what makes them act a certain way or think a certain way. At first I was mad about his reaction, but when I put some effort into observing and contemplating human nature, the results were evident. After I grew up I thanked him for that day.

I don't think anyone is born with social skills, they must be learned.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Do you guys notice how there used to be some guys who would get much more girls and have alot of girls touch them in high school? Lets discuss about that... I think this is because of their physical features. I notice alot of the girls happen to use the kino on the guys who look good in their bodies and at least the decent in their face.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
keeping the vote alive
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
bump

please try to let us know about yourself if you would like if you picked yes
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
bump - 3-4th time
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

willo

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Brisbane Australia
I voted that I am..... I have a large family so if I didn't have good social skills now I don't think I would ever. Having said this one of my little brothers is pretty bad , hmmm maybe there is a genetic element, but I think nurture has more bearing on social skills than nature because socialisation is a learnt skill.
Cheers
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
so its learn, of course...but it depends where and how u learn it
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
bump
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
bump, only using this for the voting im assuming
 
Top