Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Add sugar to protein shake?

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just bought this big can of whey yesterday and didnt realize what flavor i bought. after i opened it i realized it was chocolate flavor. i first opened it today and mixed it with water, drank a cup of it and it was nasty as hell. There is no taste.

I just thought this up today, the way i see it, im underweight and have extremely low body fat, and adding suggar to my whey daily wouldnt hurt.....or would it?

i mean yea its a few extra carbs/ calories but i see it beneficial in my condition.

(btw, someone move this, i just realized i posted in the wrong forum)

Don Juan
Reaction score
add dextrose (a specific sugar) immediately following a workout.

Regarding the taste, you may be putting too much water in it. Also try adding fruit and stuff.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skim milk..is what I do.

I use this protien with 20 grams per serving..so I have 1 serving..with 12 oz skim milk

32 grams of P
11 Carbs!

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Avatar
add dextrose (a specific sugar) immediately following a workout.

Regarding the taste, you may be putting too much water in it. Also try adding fruit and stuff.
i used to be a firm believer in this but i believe it's total crap (for me at least). i stopped with the dextrose months ago and have seen no change in my energy levels the next day -- just lower body fat.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LucidDreamer
i used to be a firm believer in this but i believe it's total crap (for me at least). i stopped with the dextrose months ago and have seen no change in my energy levels the next day -- just lower body fat.
he said he was very skinny..thats why I suggested it. It does help put on mass.

My personal workout meal these days is only whey and creatine. And a bowl of oatmeal with more whey mixed in.

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, adding sugar wouldn't hurt at all for your purpose (flavour).

You are correct it would add a few calories and carbs to the mix

I recommend vanilla next time as it tends to be a very neutral flavour that blends well with most things, i.e. fruits and yoghurt

Kaine

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Avatar

nope, put one scoop + 8oz water as label said, its just the whey thats bad, cause they barely put any sugar in it.

I use this protien with 20 grams per serving..so I have 1 serving..with 12 oz skim milk

32 grams of P
11 Carbs!
hm i just drank a cup of milk + whey mix = protein chocolate milk, was pretty damn good. think i'll do that from now on. = 25g of protein....better idea than drinking the 2 separately in the morning as i normally do.

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
milk + protein powder is good (can get up to 30gs of protein) .. hmm not sure about adding sugar.

remember other protein sources. eat LOTS of meat, watch your body gain muscle mass within 6 months.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea the whole high glycemics post workout is another argument...add more calories to your shake if you're trying to bulk up and are already thin. low glycemic carbs like rolled oats are probably your best bet...some extra virgin olive oil or canola oil can also help pack on good calories and slow digestion (ideal for am/pm, not post workout)

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You added water to whey protein and wonder why it tastes like crap? Maybe in Protein Paradise does this work, but not on planet Earth. I tried it myself because I can't afford to buy gallons of milk every week but I couldn't handle it either.

Actually today I put some vanilla frosting with milk and vanilla whey protein in a blender and it was awesome. Maybe I could replace the milk with water in that mixture.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same stuff, and its cheap stuff so its real bad, but try this it might help a little, get a special met-rx or similar brand shaker bottle made for protein shakes cause it breaks up clumps really well cause my chocolate stuff clumps, but I put 2 scoops in, 4 ounces of skim milk and 3-4 ouces of water in, so with the milk its a little below room temp. and it doesnt tast as bad with the milk, the more milk the better the taste, but I am cutting weight so avoiding the calories and fat in milk.

If you want to gain weight my friend has been very successful with making real thick shakes that taste amazingly good, he has vanilla,but may work with chocolate, but he puts 1 banana, 3 strawberries, few pieces of pineapple, 2 or 3 scoops light vanilla ice cream, 12-15 ounces of milk, and the protein, and whatever else you want, its got alot of vitamans, lots of protein (around 60g with the protein supplement) and it tastes good and can be you one bad thing on you diet cause it tastes good but is not all that bad for you, and the milk and ice cream will get you the calories, protein and fat you need to bulk up.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dapper Swindler
You added water to whey protein and wonder why it tastes like crap? Maybe in Protein Paradise does this work, but not on planet Earth. I tried it myself because I can't afford to buy gallons of milk every week but I couldn't handle it either.

Actually today I put some vanilla frosting with milk and vanilla whey protein in a blender and it was awesome. Maybe I could replace the milk with water in that mixture.
My old can of whey was vanilla flavored, with artificial sweeteners, so no matter how little the scoop i mixed with water, it always tasted as good.... but the new one i got has nothing artificial, so instead they use real sugar...a miniscule amount.

I have the same stuff, and its cheap stuff so its real bad, but try this it might help a little, get a special met-rx or similar brand shaker bottle made for protein shakes cause it breaks up clumps really well cause my chocolate stuff clumps, but I put 2 scoops in, 4 ounces of skim milk and 3-4 ouces of water in, so with the milk its a little below room temp. and it doesnt tast as bad with the milk, the more milk the better the taste, but I am cutting weight so avoiding the calories and fat in milk.

If you want to gain weight my friend has been very successful with making real thick shakes that taste amazingly good, he has vanilla,but may work with chocolate, but he puts 1 banana, 3 strawberries, few pieces of pineapple, 2 or 3 scoops light vanilla ice cream, 12-15 ounces of milk, and the protein, and whatever else you want, its got alot of vitamans, lots of protein (around 60g with the protein supplement) and it tastes good and can be you one bad thing on you diet cause it tastes good but is not all that bad for you, and the milk and ice cream will get you the calories, protein and fat you need to bulk up.
hmm...yea same with me, the chocolate whey is hard to dissolve, so usually i end up mashing it with my spoon against the cup.

Thanks for the recipe, i might try it sometime if i ever find out where my blender is...

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to stir with a spoon but I invested in a blender and it has made a huge difference. Find your blender.

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
a lot of people think that only protein builds you up.
although some of this is true the only reason protein builds you up is because you body breaks it down into amino acids which build the muscles.

try a different product, although i should note this is not for those who are looking to loose weight.

it's a weight gainer from GNC i use the 2200 gold.

it contains more protein than you need and many vitamins, minerals, and more different amino acids than i choose to mention here. but check it out on www.gmc.com

this is not for everyone but mixed with milk i have found this to be pretty damn good although it's still very thick, but i have had

worse(low quality soy protein(lol i eventually stopped trying to mix it and ate it in spoonfools)disgusting)

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yuriy777
a lot of people think that only protein builds you up.
although some of this is true the only reason protein builds you up is because you body breaks it down into amino acids which build the muscles.

try a different product, although i should note this is not for those who are looking to loose weight.

it's a weight gainer from GNC i use the 2200 gold.

it contains more protein than you need and many vitamins, minerals, and more different amino acids than i choose to mention here. but check it out on www.gmc.com

this is not for everyone but mixed with milk i have found this to be pretty damn good although it's still very thick, but i have had

worse(low quality soy protein(lol i eventually stopped trying to mix it and ate it in spoonfools)disgusting)
whoa i just looked at that ****, high in cholesterol and sodium...looks good but how much is this stuff, i cant seem to find the price on the site.

Baruch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gab01
baruch, is that 1 cup of cooked or uncooked oatmeal?
I do it uncooked. I thought it would be gross before I ever tried it, but after about 45 seconds in a blender it practicaly disolves in the water\milk (whatever you wish to use) and just makes it thicker. Youll love it, especially if you add a banana to it.

1cup Uncooked Oatmeal
2tbsp PB
2scoops Whey Protein
Banana (if you may like)
Water

54g Protein
80g Carbs
24g Fat

840 Calories

You can do it without the PB if you think its to much fat.

1cup Uncooked Oatmeal
2scoops Whey Protein
Banana (if you may like)
Water

46g Protein
80g Carbs
6g Fat

620 Calories