Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Actor/Comedian Robin Williams Found Dead

logicallefty

Reaction score
Sad indeed. Love him in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire. I remember watching that thinking "how could a woman (Sally Fields) be so cold hearted to a man (Robin Williams). There is no way that bad of a divorce will happen to me". Shucks that was nothing compared to what most of us have been thru in real life. Peanuts by comparison.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
Sad indeed. Love him in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire. I remember watching that thinking "how could a woman (Sally Fields) be so cold hearted to a man (Robin Williams).
Good point, they did draw a little attention to the plight of the divorced father in that film. Maybe not a red pill movie, but maybe purplish.
Good flick, regardless, very funny. I think there were talks of making a sequel, guess we won't get one now.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robin Williams was an incredible performer. Sometimes his schtick wore thin, but that's because of his longevity in my opinion - we all knew it was coming. But he was still hilarious most of the time, and turned in some pretty good dramatic roles, too.

My earliest memories of television include Mork & Mindy, which when I was 3 I thought was hilarious. It's a pretty stupid show, but to a three year old it was funny. But if you really want to see him in great form, there's a stand up special from around the same time (probably from HBO) that was a tour de force. They used to rerun it on Comedy Central a lot when I was in college.

Williams was in a lot of movies and made some real duds, but he had some great performances. For Moscow On The Hudson, he learned not only Russian but how to play the saxophone. I loved him in Good Morning, Vietnam, Good Will Hunting, and yes even his performance in the sappy Dead Poets Society. He was disturbing as the heavy in One Hour Photo and Insomnia.

It's sad that comedians tend to be such tortured souls. I wonder why that is. Nevertheless, hard to accept he's dead - I always pictured him still going at 95 with the same energy.

asa_don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the report now is that he hung himself.

kind of ironic that in the move father's day, he was dale putley a depressed and suicidal author who tried to hang himself in the beginning of the film, he was about to hang himself, then he had to stop because the phone rang, he went to answer it, can't laugh at that anymore.

he was also depressed in one hour photo, someone said the dark characters he played was actually how he felt himself in real life. he has two movies coming out, they were going to film mrs. doubtfire 2.

samspade said:
we all knew it was coming.
knew what was coming?

samspade said:
My earliest memories of television include Mork & Mindy
nanu nanu

samspade said:
He was disturbing as the heavy in One Hour Photo
heavy? he was no heavy, he was sy parrish, a shy lonely mild mannered depressed photo developer at savmart who became obsessed with a family, he made extra copies of their pictures, put them up on his wall, they became his fantasy family, he got fired by bill for doing that, he stalked them, then turned on them.

B

BeDJ

Robin Williams had a LONG history of alcohol and substance abuse. As a performer, I cherish the loss. Most people knew him as just that, a Hollywood performer. His death is incredibly blown out of proportion. Yes, he was one of the greatest actors/comedians of our time. However, I see another equal reality. I'm going to rustle a few feathers here.

We have someone who has millions of fans, people that adore him - people that are willing to support him through thick an thin. Yes, he was diagnosed with depression, but you can also say that upon millions and millions of people. I'm not too familiar on addiction recovery, but there are countless other men who have overcome that, Robert Downey Jr. for example. Whatever demons he may have, I'm certain other millions have faced it and overcame, even though they did not have the financial and social support as Robin Williams does. At the end of the day, take away his fame, his death would be no different than you or I - someone that could not stand up to their demons. His death is greatly exemplified when you consider him a human being, like you or I.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
robin Williams was snorting coke back then with Richard pryor and john witterspoon back in the 70's.

John witterspoon said they use to snort lines together, and robin would steal their jokes too, and they wanted to beat robin a$$.

I forgot about that movie he was in, where he was taking photos of the people family and keeping them, that was a dark movie, yet it was good.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
asa_don said:
knew what was coming?
I should have been more specific. Sometimes it became obvious what characters he was going to go back to in a routine. The gay guy, the 70s B-boy, John Wayne, the Russian guy. He could be grating some times, but usually he was funny.

And yeah "heavy" was the wrong word.