ACL Reconstruction Recovery Journal

Stingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
So now since were in the new year i want to start tracing my goals to my full recovery. Ill give you a little background on my event.

So on august 3rd I was at football practice. it was our last 2 a day of the summer (getting up at 5:30 am come back at 4:30 pm) I was getting amped for our season to start, being a sophomore and having it my first year as a Varsity linebacker i was generally excited. Anyways, we were doing tackling drills and I was up to deliver the hit. I was tackling our number 1 linebacker, a Senior and its pretty ironic seeing as he tore his ACL last year in a game. So the coach blew the whistle by my ear, I instantly felt the loud ring as if a firecracker blew up right beside me. Disoriented, as me made contact I felt unstable. My foot was stuck in a hole in the Practice field. The fall felt like 10 minutes, i could see in slow motion how my knee twisted and then i felt that dreaded "pop" everyone describes when they tear a ligament. The pain was unbearable for a few minutes, at first there was nothing because of adrenaline during the intial hit then after about 15 seconds it blew up inside me. F***!!!! i screamed clenching my knee while laying on the ground. The trainer helped me to his cart and did some tests on my knee. Being in too much pain when the excerises were executed they were in accurate. At first he thought it was the meniscus, but he mentioned my acl being "loose" so to say.

Well a week or 2 later my mom took me to see an Orthopedic surgeon, immediatly we took xrays and a week later an MRI. The results were shocking my Anterior Cruciate Ligament was torn completely and cleanly in half and surprisingly no meniscus damage. Angry at the news it would be my first surgery EVER. Fast forward a month and its September 20th the day of my surgery I woke up at 4:30 and we left to the hospital. The surgery was at 9 i was Nervous as ****. So i woke up in the Recovery room with minimal pain, in a big ass brace and wheeled off to the car. We drove home i was STARVING and then i started doing exercises the next day (leg raises, quad sets, ect.)

Fast Forward 4 months and here we are, Just got the OK to start doing some running finally! :cheer: So since its the new year my GOAL not resolution ( dont believe in that bullsh^t) is to recovery my leg intensly and hope to be ready to play summer baseball. Its been a long road and it just about to begin so you can say im excited so i will be making a timeline of Small goals to finally reach the big ones , Returning to sport and Lifting heavy weights.

LONG READ I KNOW BUT THANKS IF YOU LIVED THROUGH THAT ****.

Stingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jan 3, 2013

Ran my first 10 minutes on the treadmill ( a little more than a mile) and feel good. Im sore from my lunges and strengthening execises and feel good for tommorow. I will be going from increments of 2 - 5 Minutes per day until my next Physical therapy appointment ( Jan 9th) to see what he has to say.

My current goal is to reach 30 minutes of straight steady paced jogging before i start doing some agility training (according to OS)

Stingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jan 4, 2013

Boosted it up by 15 minutes, a little tired and knee is more sore than it was yesterday, tommorow ill boost it by 17 minutes and when i reach 20 minutes rest a day. Currently icing right now and playing black ops II :up:

On another note i just had a cavity filled today and my ****ing Mouth hurts.

Stingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jan 7, 2013

taking the weekend off i seemed to slack a little bit but today i ran 17 minutes and tommorow will hopefully be 20 minutes. i not a fan of aerobic cardio since all my sport involve anaerobic motions, but ig uess you gotta start somewhere right?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry to hear man. i fear an injury like this so much, but what can you do?

im terrified of surgery too, i really hope i never have to get one ever again. how bad was the process? did you basically wake up after getting injected? did it seem like a long time had passed or only a few seconds?

the last time i had surgery it was to remove a wisdom tooth, i rememver waking up right after they injected me with whatever it is they give you to knock you out, and it seems like no time had passed. its real creepy man.

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude, I went through a full ACL reconstruction in 2006 and had a full recovery. Torn playing sport back in 2001, Keyhole surgery in 2002, and Full ACL Reconstructions in 2006. Let me know if you have any questions, or if i can help.

Take your time in the recovery, and don't try to do too much too soon. Best of luck.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, make sure you get the okay from your doc before adding on to your workload. You don't want a hitch to develop in your swing (or delivery) because you wanted to come back too soon. Some people can come back fully in 8 months and others it can take 12 months so take your time! You don't want to risky further injury and stuff like that.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HBK said:
Hey dude, I went through a full ACL reconstruction in 2006 and had a full recovery. Torn playing sport back in 2001, Keyhole surgery in 2002, and Full ACL Reconstructions in 2006. Let me know if you have any questions, or if i can help.

Take your time in the recovery, and don't try to do too much too soon. Best of luck.
was because of the ladder matches you had with Razor Ramon back in the day ?