According to MSN ignoring=IOI...?

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, i don't know who else read that MSN page today about signs that she wants to go to the prom with you, but the signs were actually pretty accurate, if not extremely obvious. All except for the one that says
  1. She ignores you. Instead of being friendly and outgoing, a girl who likes you may ignore you altogether. The idea is that she's afraid you don't feel the same, so she'll reject you before you reject her. Your mission: Take the lead, start up a conversation, and see if she lets down her guard

So, is there any truth to this??

Personally i feel this is the truth, it's pretty much the equivalent of the freeze-out for a female imo, how about you guys?

Infraction

Don Juan
Reaction score
You see, the older and wiser in the forum (AD) have allways told us that an intrested girl will be afraid of us and won't ask out us. This sencrio will only happen if the girl thinks you are out of her league.

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Infraction said:
You see, the older and wiser in the forum (AD) have allways told us that an intrested girl will be afraid of us and won't ask out us. This sencrio will only happen if the girl thinks you are out of her league.
Hmmm, i can see where your coming from with that i think.

Lets say, hypothetically, this situation is happening to me right now:)D) there are a number of reason's why this girl would think i'm out of her league
1. Im a senior she's younger
2. Im a pretty good looking guy
3. I do some serious DHV'ing (all with a joking manner of course, C&F style)

What should i do to get her to open up to me again?

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, well anything out there can be written by anyone (probably mostly AFC's or women), so you take what you can out of it and filter out the crap. (hey, that's kinda like here too:rockon: )

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
be careful about younger women and prom
when i was a junior, this girl asked me to senior prom, i declined because of the price. sorry but i don't have around 200 bucks lying around.
Ya, but your a guy, most girls will jump on any chance they have to go to the prom. Btw, my prom is going to be much, much more than 200 with limo, hotel for the weekend and such.

But this topic isn't really about prom, it's a question about if you consider ignoring like that an IOI.

fedagent

Don Juan
Reaction score
This sort of thing needs to be taken contextually.....

Just because some woman ignores you walking down the street, or after you had one conversation with her in a Uni class does not mean she's into you.

Now, there are some exceptions.......for example

If you were to have hung out with a woman several times in the past two or three weeks, and then all of a sudden you don't hang out with her for a few days and give no real reason why, it's quite possible that she will ignore you in the next social setting.......

Why? Because she doesn't know what's going on, which is exactly where you want her. And yes, it's because she's afraid.....

Remember, people will believe anything given the following two items.....

1) They want it to be true.
2) They are afraid it is true.

Fed

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rock_Solid said:
Hey, i don't know who else read that MSN page today about signs that she wants to go to the prom with you, but the signs were actually pretty accurate, if not extremely obvious. All except for the one that says
  1. She ignores you. Instead of being friendly and outgoing, a girl who likes you may ignore you altogether. The idea is that she's afraid you don't feel the same, so she'll reject you before you reject her. Your mission: Take the lead, start up a conversation, and see if she lets down her guard

So, is there any truth to this??

Personally i feel this is the truth, it's pretty much the equivalent of the freeze-out for a female imo, how about you guys?
Yes, there is truth to it BUT here is the lesson you ultimately learn about the ladies as you get older:

If she seems to like you, she likes you; if she doesn't seem to like you, she doesn't like you; if she seems to like you, she doesn't like you; if she doesn't seem to like you, she likes you.

What to make of this? It's the results of action which ultimately tells you the truth.

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Yes, there is truth to it BUT here is the lesson you ultimately learn about the ladies as you get older:

If she seems to like you, she likes you; if she doesn't seem to like you, she doesn't like you; if she seems to like you, she doesn't like you; if she doesn't seem to like you, she likes you.

What to make of this? It's the results of action which ultimately tells you the truth.

Haha, yeah i can see how that's true, and i think i've experienced every one of those scenarios haha.

I dunno if i'm going to ask her to prom, but i've kinda narrowed it down to her and another girl, so i just gotta take them both out a few times and decide who i like better for that.