"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

accent?

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I'm just wondering, what do ya'll think about ppl with accents? I mean, cus even though I was born in wisconsin, my mom is mexican and my dad is italian, so they have like the thickest accents ever, and I couldnt help it but get an accent like a combination of their two accents as I was growing up.

It seems like at times this accent holds me back, because I'm afraid of saying something because I know I'll sound weird. And its the same way when I'm with girls, it seems to hold me back. I mean, its not an accent as thick as fez's (70s show), but still an accent.

Idk, I've heard girls find accents sexy too, but, I guess its only a few of em. So, idk, what should I do? It seems im afraid of talking sometimes, I hate it.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Joined
Oct 7, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
Jersey Biznatch
Trust me, you don't want to talk like people in Wisconsin. They have the most annoying accent ever.

I say be proud of your heritage.
 

Spoiled3289

Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Illinois
I personally am not a big fan of accents but I am italian and I love everything about Italy, so it personally wouldn't bother me. However, if any girl is gonna make fun of you for your accent or anything like that, then she's not worth your time in the first place. If she can't accept you for who you are then forget her. . .Be brave and don't hold back from the girls, like I said, if they don't like you for your accent then they're not for you in the first place.
 

taqueso

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
the middle of nowhere
It is not the accent that is holding you back, it is your lack of confidence in your voice. You need to realize that everyone speaks a little differently, and you are not a worse person because of your accent. If you are confident in your delivery, people will think your accent is sexy. If you speak like you want to hide your accent, you cannot expect others to like it.
 
Top