"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Abusive Relationships

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
43
We've all heard of them, where the guy is a major @sshole & treats his girl like crap, sometimes even beating her.

Logic questions why is she still with the guy then..?, its because she 'loves' him too much, IMO she deserves no sympathy as shes putting up with abuse

I act like a jerk playfully with my girl but abusing her would be crossing the line.

I'd like to know if all girls would tolerate abuse in a relationship? & even read about abusive relationships that youve know of, ill post the one I know of in a while.
 
Last edited:

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by SageOFAllenAge

I'd like to know if all girls are likely to stay in a relationship if the guy physically abused her ?

No. Do not formulate excessive generalities from simple statistics.



Edit: I'd like to take this edit to say

'GIRL POWER!!!'
 

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Yeah HP that line seems wrong let me rephrase that ..

I knew of this fanatical muslim guy, who would control every move of his hindu girlfriend, he told her look down while walking, so that she couldnt look at any other guy, she was forbidden contact with other males & he made her break ties with all her male friends, while he would flirt with whomever he wanted to, he has even slapped her in a restaurant for looking in a guys direction. This girl is memorising the quran because the guy has said so.

I still cant fathom why a girl would love a guy such as this.
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Easy, the girl above has no self-esteem.

She doesn't realize that she can do better or she is afraid of being alone. Maybe she's less attractive than him. She may be very afraid of him. Could be due to a lot of things...

That situation is extreme, though, and probably isn't appkicable to us. Let's go back toward the mundane.

SageOFAllenAge, think of your latest LTR. There is often a little mild abuse thrown in from both the man and woman from time to time. Both cross the line at some point, because they got mad or wanted to test the other. It's not always the "@sshole" man, either - it works both ways - it's just that men tend to be more violent.

Is there a girl you like that's being mistreated? If so, I wonder if you know the man's side of the story. The complaining woman may not be an angel herself.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
Originally posted by SageOFAllenAge
Yeah HP that line seems wrong let me rephrase that ..

I knew of this fanatical muslim guy, who would control every move of his hindu girlfriend, he told her look down while walking, so that she couldnt look at any other guy, she was forbidden contact with other males & he made her break ties with all her male friends, while he would flirt with whomever he wanted to, he has even slapped her in a restaurant for looking in a guys direction. This girl is memorising the quran because the guy has said so.

I still cant fathom why a girl would love a guy such as this.
don't worry this guy will most likely blow himself up to meet his 72 virgins brides
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Well unfortuantely in that example, it is a case of the culture (and religion) socializing the female to be obedient and subserviant to the male (husband.)

You can clearly see the negative here, she is socialized to the point that abuse is tolerated and accepted. I think no one should be hit/abused unless it is 'allowed' in some type of kinky hot sex. :D
 
Top