Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Absurd online "laundry list"

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
Yes I too have dabbled in the On Line dating game....I am surprised that you guys haven't mentioned a sizable Swag of Ladies who mention their passion for Social Issues...Racism,animal rights,social equity...I have found these the most cruel,judgemental,heartless bvtches of all,another little group are the owners or lovers of motor Bikes...I found these competitive argumentative and violent...Owners of dogs deserve a blog site to themselves,what we reveal about ourselves when we select and name a Dog!!!!...In this regard Owners of potentially savage dogs send out quite clear alarm signals.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, as much as that profile is infuriating women, I almost GUARANTEE that you can "convert" some of those angry gals into dates. In fact, I think it'd actually be EASIER than trying to pull girls with a conventional profile.

Des- I'd like to see what happens if you try this:

Wait for the next typical angry, indignant message. Then, instead of replying harshly or counterattacking, just calmly and RESPECTFULLY state that you're a selective guy and that's your prerogative. Then--ask her about herself--something like, "Haven't you ever dated a guy that wasn't EXACTLY what you wanted, and, even though he was a good guy, couldn't seem to shake the feeling that you settled in the end?"

This pretty much guarantees a serious response from her and diffuses the anger a bit. From there, start asking things about her and make her qualify herself. Slowly hint at a bit of interest about her life. She'll start to view you not as a mysogynistic enemy, but rather as someone that is, like herself (or at least thinks), very selective.

If you do this right, I bet she will feel extremely PRIVILEGED that you have expressed that she's somehow "made the cut" and earned an audition with you. Of course, you don't ACTUALLY have to go out with her...but it would be an interesting experiment to prove how even something as blunt as THAT profile is still an improvement over the typical AFC model.

Andy_Dufresne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Going WAYYYY back to the first couple of posts...

The 'net ( a la "match.com, myspace, facebook, yahoo personals, and others) - picture it as a giant nightclub the size of the (former) twin towers.

The women TOTALLY have their b^tch shields up, in the worst way. Look at it from their perspective, they have to weed thru 500 stalkers to find one guy they MIGHT feel comfortable with. To be sure, a lot of them get off on the attention, too. I've seen women on there that are "within 24 hours" since 2000.

So why read what they write at all? As Rollo says, its a giant buffer.

The best tack on the 'net by far is to look at their pics find their worst photogenic quality (i.e. height, loud necklace, overdone eye makeup) then go for maximum shock value on the very first email and hope you break through after about 50 attempts.

I've gotten similar responses back as the last few posters - women calling me an a-hole, player, you name it. Conversely, I've bagged some prime babes using this tactic. It's all part of the game.

I'm not on now, but if I decide to go back on, my profile will read something like "why should I waste my time telling you about myself and what I want. You're just here to look at the picture show."

classy broadside

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some have mentioned that this board's filled with bitter men who've been burned by women. This thread contributes to that perception. The demonstrative purpose of women having ridiculous expectation has been served.

Now it's becoming amusing to start vapid arguments with women who can't be changed, who won't be changed, who are obviously not dating material. That's pretty low, a grand waste of time, a circlejerk.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
classy broadside said:
Some have mentioned that this board's filled with bitter men who've been burned by women. This thread contributes to that perception. The demonstrative purpose of women having ridiculous expectation has been served.

Now it's becoming amusing to start vapid arguments with women who can't be changed, who won't be changed, who are obviously not dating material. That's pretty low, a grand waste of time, a circlejerk.
Maybe some are bitter here, but there is a reason for such bitterness. What the thread says is true about a lot of people using such outlandish laundry lists. Look around on profiles and I will bet my entire life savings you will see way more women doing this than men.

I dated a women for about a month of one of these sites that had a few of these list requirements. I did not initially pass her height requirement, but she still gave me a go because I did many other things right.

Your argument is moot simply because a lot of what was discussed on this particular thread is true.

classy broadside

Don Juan
Reaction score
SoldMySoul said:
Maybe some are bitter here, but there is a reason for such bitterness. What the thread says is true about a lot of people using such outlandish laundry lists. Look around on profiles and I will bet my entire life savings you will see way more women doing this than men.

I dated a women for about a month of one of these sites that had a few of these list requirements. I did not initially pass her height requirement, but she still gave me a go because I did many other things right.

Your argument is moot simply because a lot of what was discussed on this particular thread is true.
True? Yes. Waste of time -- in both arguing with trash women and in trying to date them? Most likely. No need to stoop to their level in trying to prove something to them.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
classy broadside said:
True? Yes. Waste of time -- in both arguing with trash women and in trying to date them? Most likely. No need to stoop to their level in trying to prove something to them.
It was a main reason why I stopped using the net for dating altogether.

Back to the one I dated. She was an ex Hooters girl, not to mention a raging alcoholic. In her profile she said that a man must be 5'11". I could go for 5'7" at best. I had many other things going for me. In her defense, she went against her OWN requirements and it would have better to leave out any requirements.

When I was on the sites, I never had a check list of musts other than NO alcoholics and No married/ separated women. I seem to still attract these two types of women, but that is beside the point.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was lurking over at askmen and found this gem:

http://nicemanwanted.blogspot.com/

And here is why she started this questionnaire:

My name is Jane, and I am looking for my soul mate. Oh yes, I've said it: soul mate. Some people gasp with disbelief when you say "soul mate", just like if you were admitting you still believed in Santa Claus or in the stock market going up anytime soon. I am not saying that I completely believe in the soul mate concept, but I like to think (dream?) that there is one special person out there that complements me and that is looking for all the things I am looking for in this life.
In other words, she is looking for her clone with a penis. :crackup:

Anyone want to take a jab at this and send her a quick email from a fake yahoo account (just create it)? LoL, reading the responses from her fantasy world would be educational and entertaining.

Here is the askmen thread where I found this:
http://boards.askmen.com/viewtopic.php?t=64147

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear All,
Yes I too have dabbled in the On Line dating game....I am surprised that you guys haven't mentioned a sizable Swag of Ladies who mention their passion for Social Issues...Racism,animal rights,social equity...I have found these the most cruel,judgemental,heartless bvtches of all
I have noticed that too.

In general, any time a woman is too caught up in politics or social issues, SHE has issues.

I'm not talking about just having an opinion, I'm talking ones that are hardcore political (in any direction)

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Allegory,

I don't understand where are the basis of your exact science that states without a doubt that:

a) the guy that women want won't put up with this **** (aka the Marlboro Man)

b) the guy that will put up with this **** is a loser

Plus I have to say that many guys DO put up with a lot of **** for girls, maybe it's not written questions, but they do go to the mall even if they don't want to because she needs to shop, they do cut their hair even if they like it long because she likes a clean cut, they do go to the beach even if they hate the sand because she wants to tan, they do watch a chick flick, they do go to weddings, they do go to a ballet show, they do meet the parents, they do spend tons of money on jewelry, they DO.

Maybe my soulmate is not the Marlboro Man, maybe my soulmate is a writer...
For the record, I fully support what Alle Gory said.

Now, you say that guys DO put up with girls' demands. You know what's that called? Supplicating in hopes that the girl will do him a favor, which is usually having sex with him that night.

Examples you mention about guys putting up with girls' demands clearly show that the girls' demands are a covert way to control and change the guys' habits, lifestyles, and tastes. I know you will come back and retort that with, "well, it's called accepting and loving your girlfriend by participating in activities that she enjoys".

BUT guys are being coerced and FORCED to participate in those activities, and in fact, you said it yourself, "guys do put up with girls' $hits".

If it was a genuine desire for the guy to participate and share the girl's activities, then it wouldn't come off as the guy "putting" up with the girl.

I'm glad you somehow found us and this thread. I hope you come back here and post your ideas and concepts so we can show you the errors of your ways and you come to realization that your princess fairy tale fantasy version of white knight in shining armor was just that...a fantasy, and does not exist, and you aren't entitled to guys like that. Even when you meet one like that in real life, you can bet that he is just putting up a fake facade and deep inside, all he wants to do is flip you over on that love seat's armrest and bang your brains out.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
janelovelorn said:
I replied to your response. ;)

Jane
Case in point that a man who stands up to a woman, or isn't afraid to contradict a woman, generates attraction from a woman. I mean, our gal Jane virtually stalked Alle_Gory. I would say she googled his handle and found his posts here.

Now our gal Jane is chasing Alle_Gory, sight unseen. Nevermind the checklist, my response would be similar to a Alle_Gory's in that it would seize control of the interaction and begin to lead right from the start: demonstrating conviction, intelligence, and self-respect.

Never mind the motivation behind the questions, just answering Jane's questions is submitting to her demands: it is jumping right through 40 hoops she laid out for her future dancing pet monkey.

Then again, perhaps some wiseguy was bored and signed up a bogus account. We have no way to confirm "it" is even a "she".

janelovelorn

Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Case in point that a man who stands up to a woman, or isn't afraid to contradict a woman, generates attraction from a woman. I mean, our gal Jane virtually stalked Alle_Gory. I would say she googled his handle and found his posts here.

Now our gal Jane is chasing Alle_Gory, sight unseen. Nevermind the checklist, my response would be similar to a Alle_Gory's in that it would seize control of the interaction and begin to lead right from the start: demonstrating conviction, intelligence, and self-respect.

Never mind the motivation behind the questions, just answering Jane's questions is submitting to her demands: it is jumping right through 40 hoops she laid out for her future dancing pet monkey.

Then again, perhaps some wiseguy was bored and signed up a bogus account. We have no way to confirm "it" is even a "she".
Yeah ok.

a) I found this board because some of the traffic at my blog was coming from here. I think if I would have googled Alle_Gory I would be reading Dante right now and not sosuave... But thanks for the vote of confidence in the fact that you think I'm such a desperate puppy.

b) Now there is a chance I'm a "it"...

janelovelorn

Reaction score
The Bat said:
For the record, I fully support what Alle Gory said.

Now, you say that guys DO put up with girls' demands. You know what's that called? Supplicating in hopes that the girl will do him a favor, which is usually having sex with him that night.

Examples you mention about guys putting up with girls' demands clearly show that the girls' demands are a covert way to control and change the guys' habits, lifestyles, and tastes. I know you will come back and retort that with, "well, it's called accepting and loving your girlfriend by participating in activities that she enjoys".

BUT guys are being coerced and FORCED to participate in those activities, and in fact, you said it yourself, "guys do put up with girls' $hits".

If it was a genuine desire for the guy to participate and share the girl's activities, then it wouldn't come off as the guy "putting" up with the girl.

I'm glad you somehow found us and this thread. I hope you come back here and post your ideas and concepts so we can show you the errors of your ways and you come to realization that your princess fairy tale fantasy version of white knight in shining armor was just that...a fantasy, and does not exist, and you aren't entitled to guys like that. Even when you meet one like that in real life, you can bet that he is just putting up a fake facade and deep inside, all he wants to do is flip you over on that love seat's armrest and bang your brains out.
Dear The Bat,

in regards to the white knight and the brains banging:

who says that the two are mutually exclusive?
who says that I'm only looking for the former?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JANE, if you're going to continue to post in the Mature Man's forum you're going to need to put an age on your profile. Read the Rules

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Haha, I remember this thread! Believe it or not, I still have that profile up! Maybe it's time to rekindle some interest :D
Please do!!!!!!!!!! Your profile is just like the same profile these women still have up after time has passed. I always thought it was funny to leave a dating site returning months later to see the same tired women on there doing the same lame stuff.

Come on Des, do it!!! It was great then and will be great now!

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
janelovelorn said:
Dear The Bat,

in regards to the white knight and the brains banging:

who says that the two are mutually exclusive?
who says that I'm only looking for the former?
I love how you completely ignored the rest of my brilliant post. Maybe you posting a list of questions is a way to figure out which men are chumps and which are the real deal. The ones who answer the list are obviously chumps, regardless of the content of their answers, since it's clear that they thought you, some online stranger, was more important to waste their precious 30 minutes on. And the ones who are real are telling you to get off your high horse and "save a horse, ride a cowboy".

:trouble:

Can't have both there missy. You KNOW that a chump is too worried about how he comes off to you so he is obviously not going to pull your hair and make you scream in pleasure while he is smacking your ass backhanded.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any sane man who would even bother responding to such a long interview just for a chance to date a 34 year old divorced woman who posted nothing about herself?

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was curious to see what type of response this gets. Profile up and we will see what comes through :)