Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Abs without crunches?

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with chronic gastritis so whenever I do planks, crunches and other abdominal exercises, my symptoms worsen. I know in order to have good abs, you need to have a good diet and 50% abs are made in the kitchen. However, my question is, are there any alternatives to crunches and planks for working out my abdomen?

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardio (long walk and running) + Diet + Squat + Leg work (cissors on the ground).

Also, swimming is the best workout without efforts. (Crawl, Butterfly, back)

You might want to use a towel or cushion to help your back abdominal if you are on the ground.

Recommend Swimming for sport.
Take long walk and Small jogging
Amazing Diet (avoid all acidity and alcohol and Coffee)
Don't add any weight
Get some muscle support

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shrink when I eat less calories. I can feel it, too.:p

Eat the maintenance level for your weight goal.

For instance: it's 2500 calories to maintain my current weight of 200 lbs. 2200 to maintain 160 lbs.

So I've been eating 2200. It's been working, and I'm not starving.

Keeping meals between 600 and 700 calories, helps too.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shrink when I eat less calories. I can feel it, too.:p

Eat the maintenance level for your weight goal.

For instance: it's 2500 calories to maintain my current weight of 200 lbs. 2200 to maintain 160 lbs.

So I've been eating 2200. It's been working, and I'm not starving.

Keeping meals between 600 and 700 calories, helps too.
Back in the days there was this notion we needed 3000 calories. 2200 is enough for someone who doesn't have a physical job but does 5-10 hrs a week of workouts.

On me I found my body needs less than some others but the fuel is there . I suspect in all these years of figuring it out that some of us my have more efficient digestive systems. Requiring less calories for the same energy output. It's not all about metabolism .

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the days there was this notion we needed 3000 calories. 2200 is enough for someone who doesn't have a physical job but does 5-10 hrs a week of workouts.

On me I found my body needs less than some others but the fuel is there . I suspect in all these years of figuring it out that some of us my have more efficient digestive systems. Requiring less calories for the same energy output. It's not all about metabolism .
So yeah you gotta play around with your numbers. Water kicks azz. When 80+% of my intake is water I feel so much better . If it dips below 50% like drinking a bunch of diets I don't feel as good and I be holding water.

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my recent pic. Like I said, I have not done any abs related workouts. I run, do jump ropes and lift weights. I am frustrated because I can not get beyond this physique. I want a solid 6/8 pack. :D Gastritis seems to take a while to heal. :(

Attachments

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing about 'less calories'...

@2200 calories per day...I wakeup not feeling sooo tired. Any extra food that your body needs to process puts a load on your system.

So, at the end of the day, eating less calories could help you to live longer and keep you from getting many diseases. Simply by unloading your system.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with chronic gastritis so whenever I do planks, crunches and other abdominal exercises, my symptoms worsen. I know in order to have good abs, you need to have a good diet and 50% abs are made in the kitchen. However, my question is, are there any alternatives to crunches and planks for working out my abdomen?

Have you tried a good yogurt to balance the bacteria in your GI tract?

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For gastritis, check the food you eat. I had similar issues for years. Switched to Keto, limit sugar and no breads, 99.9% better. Also, drink some wheat grass w/ apple cider vinegar once a day and all is good. Amazingly, the acid reflux I had for 20+ years is gone as well. Let me know if you want me to link/list to the stuff I use and I'd be happy to oblige. Also lost around 15 lbs and abs are coming through nicely.

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me know if you want me to link/list to the stuff I use and I'd be happy to oblige.
I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Googling doesn't seem to take me anywhere though. There are tons of articles and they seem to confuse me. Some try to sell their stuff and some are suggesting me the same old stuff, you know, exercise, lose weight and all. Somewhere I even read that oats are bad for acid reflux. Haha. The internet seems to confuse me. I would be thankful if I get some tips from someone who has lived with reflux for 20 plus years.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is pretty cheap to do and works wonders. It's cheap, but takes a couple of weeks to a month to really take hold. Why does this work? Simple. Your stomach is not acidic enough, so we need to raise the PH. This is how I do it.

Acid Reflux Daily Regime
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, I use Bragg's, but any organic version should be fine. (Amazon)
1 tablespoon of turmeric (Amazon)
1 scoop of wheat grass from Amazing Greens (Amazon)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice. I use Italian Volcano (Walmart)
1 cup of 8 oz of water
1 tablespoon of raw honey (Amazon) - optional, but helps with taste.

I also eat Fage plain 5% fat whole milk greek yogurt w/ about a tablespoon of raw honey mixed in. You can add other flavorings if you do not like raw honey, such as fresh fruit, nuts, caoco powder, etc.

As for diet, I removed ALL processed foods from my diet. If anything I eat has a word I cannot pronounce, I will not eat it (however, since I cook 99.9% of my meals, it's not an issue). I got rid of breads and started to make my own with almond flower, arrow root flower and/or coconut flower (iI you want the recipe, let me know. It's crazy easy to make and pretty fast). I removed ALL ADDED SUGARS from what I consume. If it's naturally occurring sugar such as in fruits, nuts and veggies, no problem. I use monk fruit or erythritol to sweeten anything that I make that needs sugar. I limit the carbs and eat mostly protein and healthy fats.

I lay off the beer.

Try it out. If you stick to it, it should help work. I was on Protonix or other PPIs for years plus a RX for gastritis. This worked better than anything with ZERO side effects for me.

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is pretty cheap to do and works wonders. It's cheap, but takes a couple of weeks to a month to really take hold. Why does this work? Simple. Your stomach is not acidic enough, so we need to raise the PH. This is how I do it.

Acid Reflux Daily Regime
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, I use Bragg's, but any organic version should be fine. (Amazon)
1 tablespoon of turmeric (Amazon)
1 scoop of wheat grass from Amazing Greens (Amazon)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice. I use Italian Volcano (Walmart)
1 cup of 8 oz of water
1 tablespoon of raw honey (Amazon) - optional, but helps with taste.

I also eat Fage plain 5% fat whole milk greek yogurt w/ about a tablespoon of raw honey mixed in. You can add other flavorings if you do not like raw honey, such as fresh fruit, nuts, caoco powder, etc.

As for diet, I removed ALL processed foods from my diet. If anything I eat has a word I cannot pronounce, I will not eat it (however, since I cook 99.9% of my meals, it's not an issue). I got rid of breads and started to make my own with almond flower, arrow root flower and/or coconut flower (iI you want the recipe, let me know. It's crazy easy to make and pretty fast). I removed ALL ADDED SUGARS from what I consume. If it's naturally occurring sugar such as in fruits, nuts and veggies, no problem. I use monk fruit or erythritol to sweeten anything that I make that needs sugar. I limit the carbs and eat mostly protein and healthy fats.

I lay off the beer.

Try it out. If you stick to it, it should help work. I was on Protonix or other PPIs for years plus a RX for gastritis. This worked better than anything with ZERO side effects for me.
Hey thanks a lot. I will let you know how it goes. Shall I continue the PPIs too? Do you smoke? When you say lay off the beer, do you think drinking a couple of pegs of whiskey in the weekend should be avoided too? Do I need to have this early morning on empty stomach? Sorry, to many questions. Haha.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped mine, but you should check with a doctor before stopping any RX. As always, your call. No, I do not smoke. A whiskey once or twice a week shouldn't be an issue, but limiting alcohol is always best. Whiskey is better than beer though; in terms of calories and additives.

However, as always, check with your doctor. Prob. with PPI's are that they lower your acid production. This raises your acid production. So, it kinda works against this.

Some more info:

https://www.healthline.com/health/digestive-health/apple-cider-vinegar-for-acid-reflux
https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2015/09/14/apple-cider-vinegar-for-acid-reflux/
https://www.refluxmd.com/apple-cider-vinegar-for-acid-reflux/