Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

About school -help

Pozitron

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I'm in highschool( 10th grade). The thing is I think I don't pay enough importance to it.
1)I am procrastinationg over and over again. It's like I come home and do other things that interest me ( anyway not for school) and I loose v. much time. It's sad, but true. I study maybe 1h and a little/ day and my highschool is very challenging( lots of homework and tests).
2) Time just seems too short and eventhough all people have as much f it as I do, I seem to have a problem managing it.

I know I can be a fast learner and I don't need tons of time to dwell on things. It's just that if I rolled like this before highschool ( as I did) it was ok. I was able to get a 10 at everything. I don't know... maybe I'm stuck in the same habit.

Of course there are consequences... I'm doing ok ( I'm kind of medium- getting grades from 7 above). Although I thnk that most of my colegues are putting much more effort into school.

Till now it went kind of like: I faced this problem only when I got low marks. I tried to change. I did it for 1 or 2 days then I would just go back in my old habits and forget about it.
!) How can I MAKE A CHANGE STICK? I reaaly want to get to a point where I put more effort into school work. I think I'm loosing my time with a lot of stuff that I like such as : advice SS, movies, tv shows and G knows what.
2) It always seems like I need a motivation to do things..
3) Another thing that shows is most areas of my life: I AM VERY CONCIOUS OF WHAT'S THE PROBLEM, BUT FOR SOME REASON I END UP DOING NOTHING ABAUT IT. This may sound nuts cause it's like: you know your problem- fix it, just do it. But that kind of thing just didn't help me much.

Anyway, thanks.

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds exactly like me. I've been battling with this, especially for the past year. As much as I try, my self-control when it comes to studying and working is zero. It's crazy too, because when it comes to things like masturbation and food and other things, self-control is easy. But when it comes to working, everything else in the universe is suddenly interesting. I tried to talk to my guidance counselor, but since I get good grades, I basically got shoved off. I'm here with you, bro. I think I might have ADHD.

mr_guido

Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on, man. If you think about it, anyone 'has' ADD or ADHD to a certain extent, but people 'diagnosed' with one of the above two things are just more scattered, hyper, or more unable to comprehend with things than the rest of us. Face it: it's not exactly in our human nature to just focus on one task at a time. So, Pozitron, don't be concerned about this. You don't have ADHD (nor do you amohield). This is completely normal, and any high schooler (especially 10th grade) is bound to be distracted by something unimportant when there is a certain task at hand. I find this at times as well. What can you do about it? Ignore the nagging feeling you get when you're tempted by the game controller, that magazine, or the TV, and just force yourself to stay focused on what you're supposed to be doing. Forget about the other things, and tell yourself "I can do those once I'm done." Push them out of your mind and tune them out. Once you get into the habit of this, it's quite easy. Just work on your self control and willpower and you'll be golden :D

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you're sleeping three to four hours a night because you can't get work you're capable of doing done, there might be a problem, don't you think?

juan95

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have severe ADHD, and everything you described fits the profile. You can take medicine, get therapy, or any other 20 "solutions"- but it all rests on nutting up and biting the bullet. Sit down first thing when you get home, and just do WORK until you're done.

In fact, I should be working now.. I'll do it if you do it!

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its all in your control, both Pozitron and amohield. Just learn the power of dicipline. It's easy to talk the talk, but walking the walk takes fcking dicipline.

There are steps to changing habits. Wanna know how?
1) Google it (I cant be bothered to check my book.. O wait it got stolen.)
2) Read "Awaken the giant within" by Anthony Robbins.

Rhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Put on some headphones and listen to some smooth jazz or post rock, and just try to drown out thoughts of anything else. If you start to get distracted, do like 30 pushups and then get right back to work.

It works for me.

Jmac21

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright Pozitron, your my dude so imma try and give you my advice. First off, you may or may not have ADHD i'm not a doctor and nor is anyone on here unless they have something to prove it so dont get diagnosed by a kid on the forums. Also I wanna tell you that you shouldn't have to be asking this website because some things you need to work on yourself for self improvement because you cant always rely on others.

So with that being said, you just need to focus in school. You seem like a good kid so it shouldnt be too hard. Me personally i was a straight A honor student till 8th grade when i slacked then it just went downhill in high school and i basically stopped caring (im a junior so 11th grade), i get detentions and stupid crap because i just made bad decisions and dug myself into a hole. You should do what makes you happy, obviously you want good grades but make sure you DO spend time with your friends socializing because i can tell you from PERSONAL experience that if you decide to get back on track and isolate yourself you will just feel worse and alone. I am not bragging when i say this but im very popular in school and the other high school i transferred from so i always have kids hitting me up but i wanted to do good in school so i was always doing homework when i got home then went on xbox and for about half the year i would have spurts of depression and i never told anyone but i would just breakdown inside since i felt lonely.

The thing was, I was forcing myself to do something that just wasn't for me. Obviously everyone should try in school and I am very smart but I just can't sit at home alone doing things by myself. I like to be more socially active so I have come to realize im just an average student getting by with decent grades. There are other reasons for my grades being more towards B-C but thats for another time.

You should really think about how happy you are and make sure you do what will make you feel good. I'm not telling you not to try in school but I'm saying don't force yourself into thinking you need to be locked in your room for 3 hrs studying because you'll miss out on having a good time with your friends. It's about self control knowing when you really need to study but also taking care of yourself and your mental health at the same time. Live life to the fullest bro :cool:

Pozitron

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I might have ADHD.
If you are like me you don't have ADHD. It's all in your head.
I... don't have ADD or ADHD.Really not... so not...,just not ( and now I'm not denying or not accepting it). I'm sure. That's not the problem.

The problem is habit.
Once I start to make a change to stick with it.
How to do that? ( that's really the conclusion I came to)

Ignore the nagging feeling you get when you're tempted by the game controller, that magazine, or the TV, and just force yourself to stay focused on what you're supposed to be doing. Forget about the other things, and tell yourself "I can do those once I'm done." Push them out of your mind and tune them out. Once you get into the habit of this, it's quite easy.
As you said...habit. ALL this time the issue for me is creating a habit--- consistency.

If you start to get distracted, do like 30 pushups and then get right back to work.
It works for me.
Everyone does it his way :)).

Also I wanna tell you that you shouldn't have to be asking this website because some things you need to work on yourself for self improvement because you cant always rely on others.
I feel you man. Really god advice. So true. You know that movie: the peaceful warrior( I recommend it to everyone)... i remembered and thought about this...:
you have to find some answers for yourself. And that doesn't mean you must ride solo.. no. It's just that people can tell you the things that helped THEM. And since every person it's different you must find your own way, the things that work for yourself. I must find those things...starting today. Self-discovery... I like it !

Me personally i was a straight A honor student till 8th grade
Exactly the same.

I'm not telling you not to try in school but I'm saying don't force yourself into thinking you need to be locked in your room for 3 hrs studying because you'll miss out on having a good time with your friends.
'
I have to find a BALANCE for sure. Too much of something can in many cases be a bad thing.

Alright Pozitron, your my dude so imma try and give you my advice.
I appreciate that, bro.

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You might be misinformed about ADHD. It doesn't necessarily mean you're hyper and all over the f*cking place, or that you're stupid. It just means you have a hyperactivity, impulsivity, and/or inattentiveness - to the point where it keeps you from living your life. Read up on it.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amohield said:
You might be misinformed about ADHD. It doesn't necessarily mean you're hyper and all over the f*cking place, or that you're stupid. It just means you have a hyperactivity, impulsivity, and/or inattentiveness - to the point where it keeps you from living your life. Read up on it.
Seems quite common to me. Dont label or limit yourself just yet. Come on amo, atleast try to stop procrastinating and going to bed late.

Pozitron

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, don't become an hypochondriac. You know better. You can find out if you have ADHD. If you are really sure I respect what you say, but I think you really don't have a proble.
I know I don't.

About procrastination I've read an article recently. I found that it was sabes on the same principles as "awaken the giant within".

This is a part of it:
You simply need to learn how to direct your mind towards a longer-term goal rather than immediate pleasure. Sometimes, it feels like our body just doesn't want to carry us in the right direction. First, you need to understand that you are in absolute control of your mind and body, and that no matter what happens, you can direct your mind in the right direction. Let me prove it to you. If there was a man pointing a gun to your head threatening to kill you if you did not do the homework at once, do you think you would manage to do it? Of course you would. The reason is that such an event makes such a great impact on your mind that it is compelled to act right away without hesitation.

In order to take possession of your mind and direct it towards your work, you need to impress upon your mind the consequences of not taking action right away!You need to associate not taking action right now with such huge amount of pain that not taking action right now simply becomes impossible. If you are procrastinating writing that essay, first stop, sit down and think. What will happen if you fail to hand it in before the deadline? Will you be able to graduate? Close your eyes and visualise your classmates celebrating their graduation while you're sitting in a corner feeling sad because you were not able to graduate with your friends. See, feel and be in the moment in your mind. Feel the incredible pain that you eventually will suffer if you fail to successfully finish your essay. Make this extremely painful picture as real as possible in your mind and realize that it is this sort of pain you will eventually suffer if you are not able to act now! The moment your action becomes a necessity, your conscious as well as subconscious mind starts to work on a way to effectively solve your task. It is simply serving you in avoiding tremendous pain.

If applied properly, the above mentioned method can in itself boost your work moral and have you achieve great things. However, since we are striving to reach a larger goal, fear should not be the only driver for us to obtain our goals. If you are able to impress upon your mind the highly desirable state of reaching your goal, your forces can become virtually unlimited and you will eliminate procrastination forever! Say you're procrastinating an essay for next week. You know you should start now because if you don't, you know you'll end up stressed and not satisfied with your work. Apart from applying the technique above, you can impress upon your mind the situation of total achievement. First stop, sit down and think. Again, fast-forward to your day of graduation and fill your mind with the picture. See, feel and be in the moment. Have a look at your classmates and share with them the happiness of having achieved a result that is at your absolute peak. See your proud parents and teachers and feel the cheer of the crowd as your name is called and you receive your Diploma filled up with straight A's. Feel the satisfaction and security of achieving grades that open whatever door you desire to enter. Impress upon your mind this moment of complete fulfillment and happiness and know it can be achieved if you take action now!

Therefore to completely eliminate procrastination from your life Develop the ability to sacrifice short-term pleasure for longer-term fulfillment and satisfaction that come from reaching your goals!

If you use the techniques I have outlined above, you will inevitably develop this ability and eliminate procrastination from your life for good!
NorwegianDj, about " Awaken the giant within". Did it help you? Did you manage to put it in practice?
Anything about how you did it....?
I've heard the audio. Is there any differences?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive only read like 200 pages of it, it got stolen on the airport. I was planning to go over the rest of the excercises when I got back home, as I always read it when I was travelling. Havent really put it to practice yet, but the knowledge if good to have at the moment. It makes a lot of sense and is written in a very sophisticated way. I have no idea about the audio.

Pozitron

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want, pm me(email). I can send you a pdf i've found

mr_guido

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok well look. I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said what I did (which is actually quite true - do your research amohield :p I never said that people suffering from ADHD are 'all over the f*cking place') but quite honestly, what I meant was that Poz, don't diagnose yourself with ADD or ADHD just yet, as really and truly distraction is just another part of being a guy - especially a teen guy. For now, I think it's safe to rule out ADD as a factor. But, like the other guys on this forum have said so far, will yourself against those distractions, whatever they are for you, and do whatever you have to to keep your task at hand. Self-control isn't hard to gain control of. It sounds cliché, but just put your mind to it, and you'll accomplish whatever you need to. Voi con me? Bueno.

Pozitron

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not even thinking of ADD. Not concerned. You know why? Cause I don;t have it. Say what you want in contrary, I know what it is for ME. That's why while I am sure of myself I don't wanna diagnose others since I don't know them that well.