Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

About Los Angeles

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm in love with the city of Los Angeles, so I read lots of stuff about it. Right now, I have some doubts that you'd be very kind to solve.

How's it administrated? I mean, what's all this fuss about municipalities, suburbs, neighborhoods, etc...? I don't really understand which part of Los Angeles is actually THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES and which parts are only parts of the urban area, but not parts of the city.

For example, Los Angeles has more or less 3.500.000 inhabitants. Are parts like San Fernando Valley and Hollywood taken into account? What about the San Gabriel Valley?

Are Compton, Watts and South Central parts of Los Angeles City or Los Angeles Metropolitan Area?

Are there sites where I can find some infos about all this stuff?

Thanks, everybody

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, Adone, why the sudden love of LA? Arent you happy in Italy?

I myself, can say LA is like one big, sprawling suburbia and the City (as in downtown), is tiny. Nothing fascinating about it whatsoever. Though there are some nice parts.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Southern California is great for gay guys. It is very gay friendly. The females are terrible. Blame it on poor genetics. Italians (especially those from the south) have bad genetics as well. If you don't believe me, just visit Riga, Tallinn, or Vilnius. I think every Fabio and Giorgio is there as I type this. And they ain't there for the bad tap water.

I can see someone being fascinated with NYC. NYC, love it or hate it, is pretty much the most important city on the planet. I can't see why someone would love L.A., unless they are famous or worth at least a few hundred million dollars. For the most part, Southern California is just one big highway/parking lot.

Actually, the best places in America would be Aspen, Vail, Park City, or any of the other ski resorts. If you are gay it would have to be Miami (South Beach!). If your are straight it would have to be any airport that can get you out of the country.

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sparky, so the women in southern Cali are not attractive? Poor genetics huh? lol I guess that's why all the Playboy models are there, and they are sooo unattractive....riiiiiiight. And, if you think Miami doesn't have plentiful beautiful women, then you trully are misinformed. Someone tell me, why is this Sparky guy not banned yet? I am serious. He has to be the most uninformed person on this site.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
lol, Adone, why the sudden love of LA? Arent you happy in Italy?
I've always been fascinated with the States and Los Angeles and Miami have always been my favorite cities on earth... But recently, this has developed into some true love, after watching Alpha Dog:) Italy is nice to visit as a tourist, but living here sucks... Things cost more than in the USA, while average net income is around 15K a year (I think in the USA is somewhere around 25K)... Plus there's nothing to do if you don't live in a decently big city close to the seaside.

CLOONEY said:
I myself, can say LA is like one big, sprawling suburbia and the City (as in downtown), is tiny. Nothing fascinating about it whatsoever. Though there are some nice parts.
That's what's so fascinating about it: it's like a 70 mile wide city with so many different things inside, from the sea to the mountains to the desert.

sparky0000 said:
Southern California is great for gay guys. It is very gay friendly. The females are terrible. Blame it on poor genetics. Italians (especially those from the south) have bad genetics as well. If you don't believe me, just visit Riga, Tallinn, or Vilnius. I think every Fabio and Giorgio is there as I type this. And they ain't there for the bad tap water.
1. I've always thought that Northern California was the American gay suburbs
2. California girls on average are hotter than any other part of the world
3. I don't like Baltic girls that much. I love blondes when they are tanned, not as pale as a mirror. Anyway, next year I'll probably be studying either in Prague or Budapest, so I'll keep you guys informed;)

sparky0000 said:
I can see someone being fascinated with NYC. NYC, love it or hate it, is pretty much the most important city on the planet. I can't see why someone would love L.A., unless they are famous or worth at least a few hundred million dollars. For the most part, Southern California is just one big highway/parking lot.
I'm not that much attracted by NYC. Ok, it's famous, big and stuff, but I prefer the variety of Los Angeles.

sparky0000 said:
Actually, the best places in America would be Aspen, Vail, Park City, or any of the other ski resorts. If you are gay it would have to be Miami (South Beach!). If your are straight it would have to be any airport that can get you out of the country.
Aspen's only got the mountains and the snow... and Italian Alpes are far more beautiful than Colorado's mountains, so I'd rather ski near Aosta rather than Aspen. Miami is my second favorite city, it must be as cool as hell. The only thing I love more about Los Angeles is that, as I formerly said, you can find everything there, not only the sea and the chicks.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I am aware, Colorado alps are more beautiful than in Italy. Switzerland is by far the most beautiful place (as far as Alps and countryside) in Europe. France is the second best place for skiing, no?

Californian girls are not nearly the hottest in the world. After being to many cities, I would say Roma in Italy has even hotter girls (at least from what I saw in my time there). But Spain has some stunners, and Mexico is right up there also, along with Australia. I would rate Miami over California also. But this debate does come down to personal tastes. But if you like tanned Blondes, why not go to Sweden? You will find far more of them there, since half of California is now Mexicans.

GDP per capita:

United States 41,399
Italy 28,534

This only reflects the participation of the inhabitants of a country in the global economy, as in, it does not take into account cost of living within a country, or the fact that exchange rates differ, and other than trade and travel, they do not mean anything for the average person living within their own borders.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's hot girls everywhere (well, not here in england).

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
As far as I am aware, Colorado alps are more beautiful than in Italy. Switzerland is by far the most beautiful place (as far as Alps and countryside) in Europe. France is the second best place for skiing, no?
Maybe it depends on the place, but in Europe everybody would vote for the Italian Alpes, I'm pretty sure.
Switzerland is for sure a beautiful place, but more for the countryside and the valleys rather than the mountains. France is surely below Italy for skyiing.

CLOONEY said:
Californian girls are not nearly the hottest in the world. After being to many cities, I would say Roma in Italy has even hotter girls (at least from what I saw in my time there). But Spain has some stunners, and Mexico is right up there also, along with Australia. I would rate Miami over California also. But this debate does come down to personal tastes. But if you like tanned Blondes, why not go to Sweden? You will find far more of them there, since half of California is now Mexicans.
As you said, it all comes down to personal tastes. Obviously someone who likes brunettes and mediterranean girls will love Rome. I like Italian girls, but California ones are hotter to me.

CLOONEY said:
GDP per capita:

United States 41,399
Italy 28,534

This only reflects the participation of the inhabitants of a country in the global economy, as in, it does not take into account cost of living within a country, or the fact that exchange rates differ, and other than trade and travel, they do not mean anything for the average person living within their own borders.
As you stated, it's pretty irrelevant in this context, because GDP does not reflect wealth. I don't know Monaco's GDP but I think it's about the same of USA if not lower, but Monaco's folks are damn rich.

MetalFortress said:
Don't waste your time. Come to San Diego instead. It's far better.
I've heard beautiful things about San Diego and I would for sure love to move over there, but Los Angeles fascinates me more.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Long Beach, which is the port city of LA.

Los Angeles is more or less split into the upscale west side and the ghetto east side. The traffic and air are terrible, especially in Long Beach because of the freighters constantly docked at the port.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive never seen the Italian Alps. The Swiss Alps are terriffic though, and I heard great things about the French mountains. Though I only went to Paris, wine regions and Monaco in France. In Italy I travelled through from France to Florence, then to Rome and further South, and then up to Venice, then went through the Dollarmites to Austria, so missed the Alps in Italy.

BTW, which Italian team do you follow in Serie A?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
Yeah, Ive never seen the Italian Alps. The Swiss Alps are terriffic though, and I heard great things about the French mountains. Though I only went to Paris, wine regions and Monaco in France. In Italy I travelled through from France to Florence, then to Rome and further South, and then up to Venice, then went through the Dollarmites to Austria, so missed the Alps in Italy.

BTW, which Italian team do you follow in Serie A?

Cagliari, because it's my hometown... Do you support any soccer team?

To Page: what do you mean with the upscale westside and the ghetto eastside? The San Gabriel Valley is in the eastside and looks like a pretty affluent place, doesn't it?