Abercrombie type body?

Mr. Broadway69

Reaction score
What type of workouts and diet would I have to eat to get a body like an Abercrombie model? Right now I am extremely skinny I weigh about 140 and I am 5'10 adn never have worked out a day in my life

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do 200 push ups and 200 crunches every night. Do sets of 25 push ups and sets of 50 crunches. Also, eat only 1100 calories every day (Be strict about it!) of that 1100 calories make sure that 800 calories is from protein (200 grams of protein).

If you can do that for 6 months straight, then you should have a pretty sweet looking body.

Understand that having the muscular and cut body of a model is mainly genetics and diet. Some dudes just look like that without working out - lucky bastages..

You didn't give info about your current stats - height, weight, age or workout experience. The above will work for a person who is currently height/weight proportionate.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chewy bagel, shut the fukk up. you have no fukkin clue what ur talkin about.

doing merely a bunch of crunches and a few sets of pushups will get u NOWHERE. and 1100 calories? are u out of ur fukkin mind? that is gona put him at such a weight deficet that in 6 months he'll start looking fukking anorexic.

to the guy who needed help:

first, dont listen to chewy. next, you need to bulk up, at least 15 to 20 lbs of pure raw muscle. your gona do that by eating MORE calories. your also gona have to go in the gym and start working out with complex exercises such as SQUATS and BENCHES.

read DIESELS guide.

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Abercrombie models are anorexic looking are they not? He asked how to look like one and I told him. He didn't ask how to look like someone who weight trains or bodybuilds.

Actually, I think I do know what I'm talking about - I've been training for 14 years and have been everywhere from 154lbs - 218lbs and from ~5% bodyfat precontest weight to ~20%bf.

Check out these REAL Abercrombie models:

http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/index.html Click on LIFESTYLE, then click on Photos. Next, click on VIEW THE PHOTOS and a pop up window will come up - click on the pictures in the pop up window. They're all skinny rails. Still think I don't know what I'm talking about?

CB

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
you say you know what your talking about, yet you say

"Understand that having the muscular and cut body of a model is mainly genetics and diet. Some dudes just look like that without working out - lucky bastages.."

Having a cut body has absolutly nothing to do with genetics. Everyone comes with muscles, everyone comes with fat. If you burn off enough fat, you are "cut". If you have enough muscle, you are "muscular".

No one is just born cut and buff, it involved some type of work. It be a summer construction job, working out, playing a sport, whatever.

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-k2, you are correct in saying that people aren't born cut and buff. It's kinda difficult to picture a newborn all lean and toned ;). However, you are incorrect when you state that having a cut body has nothing to do with genetics. There are many people who have higher metabolisms, more testosterone production and more natural HGH production than others. They get these genetic traits from their parents. Some guys just look good without working out (E.G. a 6 pack, nice arms and nice chest) in the same way some women look good without working out. When I describe these people as muscular and cut, I'm not talking about a shredded- to-the-bone with muscles popping out everywhere physique. I'm talking about a lean body with toned muscles that are aesthetically pleasing - an Abercrombie model look. Many of these genetically gifted people don't need to workout. Now some of those Calvin Kline models...they're a combo of genetics and the gym and perhaps some chemical enhancement.

I wish to recant the 6 months I initially proposed. It would take more like 2-4 months depending on many different variables.

Cheers!

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, judging from the pics, you don't even have to be muscular to be an ambercrombie model.

So what youre saying is true, you could be an abercrombie model without doing a bit of work, on diet alone. I can agree to that.

"Many of these genetically gifted people don't need to workout. "

Im sorry, I just can't argee with you. What your calling gentetics is no more then having an active childhood and healthy nutrition. The muscles these guys have still have to be built from something, it be a job, lifting, sports etc.

I mean, if you spend ages 7-18 inside all day, never doing anything, eating poorly, playing computer and video games, and not working out. There is a 0% chance you will look like an abercrombie model. You may have stunning features, but you will be fat and out of shape, or if your blessed with a fast metab, skinny and out of shape.

Now, if you do it all again, and play year round sports, eat healty, lift weights, you will be the poster child of an abercrombie model body, or bigger.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not 0%

you can have muscle just because. To be at their level of fitness, there are some guys who are just born that way without touching a ball or weight in their life.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think genetics has nothing to do with anything, you are way off.

Genetics has alot to do with everything.

Some people might have to work harder to gain mass and muscle, while others don['t have to do as much.

There are some people who can eat and eat and eat and eat, and not gain one pound, and for them to gain any kind of mass, unless they were filthy rich, they'd most likely never afford it.

True, you need to work out, watch your diet, take enough vitamins and get enough sleep, but for some people, it's really really hard to either gain mass or really hard to lose mass.

But for the abercrombie model look, pushups and situps and a good clean diet are probably the only thing you really need to do.

JohnGalt

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some people who can eat and eat and eat and eat, and not gain one pound, and for them to gain any kind of mass, unless they were filthy rich, they'd most likely never afford it.
That is pretty ridiculous. Food is not expensive if you cook it yourself. Bulk chicken breasts, rice, vegetables, tuna, efas etc are not that costly, just cut out useless crap from your budget and anyone can afford the monetary cost of bulking. Now the time commitment cost, and the discipline is what most people cannot afford.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, bulking isn't that much of a problem, but for some people like my friend, it would be merely impossible for him to bulk.

He already eats about 10 meals per day. WHich includes pasta, chicken, meat, tuna, bread, whatever the hell else he eats.

And yet he still weighs in around 150 pounds.

It's called there are ecto, endo and meso type of bodies.

Some people have to work even harder to bulk because their metabollism is super super super quick. And in some people, it is very hard to gain weight. It's possible, but it gets expensive.

I mean, it gets expensive for me to eat 6 meals per day.

Most of us beyond the 15-25 year old age have other living expenses, other people to take care of. Food can get expensive, believe me.

But for people like my friend, food would cost a ridiculous amont for them to even gain 10 pounds of FAT, yet alone muscle.

For people like me, we are lucky cause, i usually dont' get fat from just eating a mcdonalds burger but i can gain muscle and weight if i eat right.

While for others, eating a mcdonalds hamburger will pack on a pound in a night. They can bulk,but they have to watch very carefully because they gain weight easily.

And finally there are those people who could eat two cows, a couple of pigs, a few chicken and all the soda and weight gainers they could afford, and yet, they'd still remain around the same weight.

It's very possible, as is anything, but for most people, it's usually not worth it.

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
ask your friend to count calories for a day, then eat 1000 more everyday, are you denying he will gain weight?

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All i'm saying is, some people need to eat a ton of more to gain weight then other people.

For me, adding 1000 calories per day to a clean diet and fitness program, i'll be able to bulk up some,

for others, adding 1000 calories per day might add more fat then they want,

and yet again for some people, adding 1000 calories per day will probably do absolutely nothing.

There are some people who need to eat 20 meals per day to gain 1 pound

there are some people who can eat one meal at a fast food joint and would gain a pound.

And so on.

We used to make fun of the kid when he was younger cause he was a skinny runt.

Adults used to tell us that eventually the food would catch up.

Well, being he's in his 30's now, the weight aint ever gonna catch up.

If you've ever been to a real italian family lunch, breakfast, or dinner, you'll know it's like a sin NOT TO EAT at their table.

As i said, i don't foresee this guy being able to gain much weight.

True it's possible, but he most likely will never be able to get above 200 pounds, unless he won the lottery and could afford ILLEGAL AS, and craploads of food.

As i said before, not all of us on this board are still in high school or college.

FOOD costs money along with tons of other bills when you've got other mouthes to feed besides yourself.

z0diac

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's simple science, more calories in, more weight put on. If your burning more calories then you're taking in you won't make any gains.

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well..

First off you need to understand some body building basics..

Rule 1.
Its almost impossible to gain muscle on a cuttin diet. You have to eat more than you burn to create that new muscle.

Rule 2.
Most people gain muscle and then cut fat and then gain muscle the cut fat. This is a bulking stage and then a cutting stage.

Rule 3.
Working out without cleaning up what you eat is like driving without brakeing. Its not totally a waste of time, but its hard to get where your going.

Rule 4.
Genetics play a role but its small.. 10% .... Most is hard work and education about what you are trying to accomplish.

Check out Max-OT the currently best method of working out IMHO.. its will get you started until you can gain some knowledge.

Max OT