Ab routine

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured out an awesome ab routine that works great. Here goes. You do this every night before bed.

1 set of regular crunches with knees together.
1 set with knees apart.
1 set with knees together slightly raised off the ground.
1 set with knees apart slightly raised.
1 set with legs together at 12 oclock position.
1 set with legs spread at 10 and 2 positions.
1 set of double crunches (crunch both your upper torso and legs)

Each set has 15 reps which comes out to 105 situps. I've been doing this for about a week and my abs are already getting ripped as hell.

Kevl01

Don Juan
Reaction score
One question, can you list all the exercises or routines that can strenghten the legs? Thanks in advance.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kevl01
One question, can you list all the exercises or routines that can strenghten the legs? Thanks in advance.
Lol. Too many to list, even that ab excercise wasn't all of it. Just do:
Heavy squat.
In addtion to heavy squat, heavy leg press. You're all set.

Kevl01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KiLLer
Lol. Too many to list, even that ab excercise wasn't all of it. Just do:
Heavy squat.
In addtion to heavy squat, heavy leg press. You're all set.
Can you list some leg exercises that doesn't involve using any weights? I don't have access to a gym and the only leg exercise I know are leg raises.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it best to work out abs 2-3 times a week like other muscles, or every day? I've heard both.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ofus
Is it best to work out abs 2-3 times a week like other muscles, or every day? I've heard both.
It all depends. If you eat alot, you'll recuperate faster therefore you can work your abs everyday. If you don't eat alot, meaning you slack off or get lazy pouring the protein powders, then workout lesser like 2-3 times/week.

stevey_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've found that simple sit-ups are an easy and straight forward way to build/maintain abs, about 200 a day will do it!!

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do calf raises at home w/o weights.

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you list some leg exercises that doesn't involve using any weights? I don't have access to a gym and the only leg exercise I know are leg raises.
Wow you want to build leg muscles without weights? I really don't see that happening. The legs can be toned without weights, but not built. Also, leg raises won't do much for your legs. They work lower abs. I guess if you were really dedicated you could do a whole BUNCH of lunges (basically squats without weights).

i've found that simple sit-ups are an easy and straight forward way to build/maintain abs, about 200 a day will do it!!
Not situps, crunches. Situps are when you raise your torso completely erect. After you get your shoulders off the ground it's doing NOTHING for the abs. Crunches work abs. The only thing situps accomplish is straining the lower back.

Every other day is good. I've found that the best way to do abs is go for 5 days working the abs daily then rest for 2 days.

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuddhaSMASH
Wow you want to build leg muscles without weights? I really don't see that happening.
I believe the same thing for abs, why treat them different, their muscles too. What's with all the volume. I use to do a hundred situps every other day and saw not much grow. And I had low body fat. Now I work them once a week, thats right, with heavy weigth with just 3 sets of 8 reps with 4 different ab exercises. And I can actually see my abs for the first time in my life AND I am bulking so I am gaining a little fat and they still show.

If your a man, you want abs that are ripped with nice peaks and valleys. I see girls, doing crunches all day long and all they have is a flat stomach, you don't want that, are you a girl? Plus if you work out, you could use some protein and carbs afterwards so I wouldn't recommend doing that before you go to sleep. Also, remember you need access carlories(a healthy diet with lots of protein) to gained muscle, so for the people who are losing weigth and trying to build your abs, you wont see much growth.

Sorry, not trying to jack your thread, just showing what works for me.

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason it's possible to work abs without weights is because they aren't accustomed to strain. Most of your body support is performed by the legs and back, so the abs usually don't have alot of work to do. I do admit though, once you get to the point where the ab muscles are used to that strain you do need to add weights to create more growth.

Kevl01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuddhaSMASH
Wow you want to build leg muscles without weights? I really don't see that happening. The legs can be toned without weights, but not built. Also, leg raises won't do much for your legs. They work lower abs. I guess if you were really dedicated you could do a whole BUNCH of lunges (basically squats without weights).
I wasn't looking into building leg muscles, just toning it for basketball. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Tareef

Don Juan
Reaction score
A great ab work out I have done, is to do figure 8's

Basically you lie flat with your hands to your sides, then lift your legs as you would in leg raises, but instead of going just up and down you make huge figure 8s with your feet. Go in both directions for a minute each. Its a total burn.