A True Fight Story: Skilla Goes Nuts ;)

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ElChoclo said:
You made a number of errors here as follows;

1 You had a fight with an audience and this ensured that you would be disciplined. Also your opponent wanted an audience, for his reputation and so he would be protected if he started losing.

2 You let him get the first punch in, which shows that you didn't protect yourself enough. If he knew what he was doing, you could have ended up a muscly, twitching piece of meat.

3 It sounds like a messy grappling fight, if you had any decent punches he should have been knocked senseless. Next time just kick him in the privates.

4 Violence might be fun in the short term, but it is pointless in the long term.

That's all.
different age groups ur 47 hes 18 .... young ppl get into fights over silly things i know i do i tried to start a fite with a yr 12 lebo on the bus who i knew had connections cus he poked me with a broom in the head i mean.... i cant rly speak for other teens but i luv fights nso much id even get into one knowing id lose

Hydroblunt

Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
There's an assertive way to defuse potential fights like this, and you didn't take it. The way I do it when guys get in my face in bars and at the mall (this happens for some reason occasionally) is make my body language SUPER AGGRESSIVE like I'm ready to fight and my face calm and say "I'm not gonna fight you over something like this." Things usually calm down after that, and no one gets hurt and no one gets suspended and because I didn't back down (not escalating isn't the same thing as backing down, it's just smart) I still look respectable. That's how a proper alpha handles a situation IMO.

Still, live and learn. I know high school is different than real society, so YMMV.
Yeah I dunno where you're from but don't try that on the Jersey shore, Long Island, Cali or any bridge & tunnel NYC club on the weekend. You definitely won't end up looking "alpha".

Plain and simple, tell the jerk to sign a release form and get in the ring/cage. If they try to say you're weaseling out, tell em you'll write one up right there on a napkin with a witness and step outside. "I do not want to be responsible for your hospital/dental bill or have any liability on me". Period. Stay calm and professional.

The stupid, very drunk & roided will persist. Learn some BJJ/Judo/Sambo and just put em in a chokehold.

Learn about handling street/bar fights from those who are professional & top fighters of the world. Unless it's atthe point where it becomes a true self-defense issue, they avoid any conflict at any cost. These guys have ZERO qualms about walking away or even leaving the place in order to avoid a conflict. They have NOTHING to prove to some drunk idiot or the crowd at the time.

ExploringOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kids...

This post made me laugh a few times.

To the original poster, Skilla, what you did was just plain stupid. The situation would have worked itself out by the end of the next day, if only you walked out a different school exit.

1.You came out looking for a fight.
2.You were wrong.
3.You were lucky.

I'm 285, 6'0" mostly muscle. If it was my cousin (i don't have a sister) you picked on, if you didn't come out and say something along the lines of "Sorry about your sister" I would have goaded you into throwing the first punch. Don't say, you wouldn't have done it... the state you were in when you came out, from what you're saying, you weren't very level headed, you were looking to prove your "manhood" as much as he was... anyway, sooner or later you will run into someone like me, when that does happen, I hope you have good insurance. BTW, if you did manage, to walk away, again, I would have turned the whole thing against you... "What you hit girls, but can't take on someone your own size?"

You did only one thing correctly, you didn't throw the first punch. Aside from that you f*cked up, and got very lucky.

BTW, this whole thing blew over a long time ago, but when you go to apply to colleges, out of school suspensions are listed on transcripts. This pretty much means you can forget about top notch schools.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'm afraid of getting into a fight, the reason being that if I do, and my adrenaline starts pumping through me, I'm likely to kill someone. I have never registered as a figher, but I have trained in MMA, and did a little boxing, I was also taught alot by a couple of friends (they are SEALs, one an instructor, much smaller then me, but those guys can beat me most of the time, i have 100lb of muscle on them, still sparring leaves alot of bruises to my ego) Last thing I want is to end up ruining my life over some stupid $hit.

As far as dealing with drunken @$$holes, well, for me atleast, I stare them down. Take off my glasses, flex just a little bit, and then say (in a very calm quite tone) "Do you really want to make a scene?" or in a very menacing tone "Let's not fight." Turn around, and go back to whatever I was doing before. Although I do watch my back very carefully. So far, the most common response has been "F*ck this $hit." and they storm off.

The only time I will fight is in self defense. Even then, depending on the situation, I have walked off a couple of times. So what? You lose face in front of strangers you're likely never going to see again? That's better then dealing with assault, manslaughter, or murder charges.

Besides, in my experience, the really persistent drunks, who want to fight, are typically too drunk to actually fight. I had a drunk guy make a sloppy right hand swing at my face, with a normal guy I don't think I would have been able to pull it off, but I sidestepped to the left, grabbed his right wrist with my right hand, twisted, while pushing on his shoulder with my left, and tripped him. The guy fell hard, with me adding most of my weight on his shoulder. Kept him there for 10 seconds, picked him up, and pushed him away, he stumbled away :) Got 6 number closes that day. F*cked two of the girls from there...
Still it was stupid on my part, a little more force, and I could have easily messed up his arm and shoulder.

To any fighters out there, who are registered, beware. If you get into a fight, instead of just "assault" you're automatically going to be charged with "aggravated assault" if not more. I had a friend of mine arrested a week ago, he threatened to jab his car keys into a guy's eye (he didn't actually do it) but just because of the threat, he's now charged with "assault with a dealy weapon". All because of a stupid b*tch, and a couple of punches. I think this time he's gonna do a little time...

Bottom line, always give the aggressor an out, if he doesn't take it, it's always better to walk away. Theodore Roosevelt once said "Speak softly and carry a big stick..."

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slip the jab, come in with an overhand right!
Stick and move, stick and move boy!