Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A surprise test of interest or a mere coincidence?

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What if i told you there is a way to tell if a HB you already know is interested in you, but that you can only try it once per year? I have either made an accidental discovery, or I simply sped up the inevitable.

The one time per year? Your birthday. The "test?" Simple, really - if they remember and offer to join you in your festivities, you're in good shape. If they don't acknowledge it, they're not interested. Seems silly, but the past few years say it works:

- Year 1: I go out with a HB a week before the day. She asks all about my upcoming birthday. When the day arrives, she doesn't reach out. Next time we cross paths, she seems despondent and doesn't even mention our previous date, like it never happened. Time to move on.
- Year 2: HB who I knew but was not involved with in any way. She texts me on my birthday and says to give her a time/place and she'll be there for the festivities. She showed up as promised, and let's just say we had a good time.
- Year 3: I go out with a HB twice, then let her know my birthday is coming up, she is welcome to come out with me and some friends. She says yes - twice. On the day of, she texts me she is on her way to the bar, only to no-show and wind up going to a different bar with her friends. Oh, and she posted the pics on social media. Things fizzled quickly after that. She wasn't interested and I didn't make much of an effort to follow up.
- Year 4: HB I was interested in asks me if we can organize a birthday dinner. Sure, why not. HB then mentions it again the next day. Then, radio silence. Fortunately there was no plan set into motion, so no work or energy on my part was wasted. I met up with a couple of my buddies and had a fun night.

I'm not one to make a big deal out of my birthday. All I need are friends and some drinks. But I believe it has, unintentionally, become a good barometer of a HB's true interest level. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went ghost on woman who flaked on me, she ended up reaching out to me three weeks later,asking to hang out. I told her I was going to be away that weekend for my birthday. I waited for her to wish me a Happy Birthday, which any normal person would have done. It was a good way to judge her character. She did not, do I blocked her number completely.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my ex wished me a happy birthday 3 weeks after she ghosted from our 4yr relationship via FB messenger (i never responded)
no, its not a good judge of character just because she wishes you a happy bday

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The question is a test of interest, not a test of character. (Speaking of character MrWood, I would normally say it takes awhile to get over a 4-year relationship, but she ghosted you on FB messenger? That's a clear F in her character department!)