a small guide on how to quit smoking

tonysat

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys

this is just to share my thoughts and maybe this will help you, dont know...

well i gave up smoking 6-7 weeks ago.. short time.. ive only been smoking for approx 2 years, maybe thats the reason i could quit.. but i tried to quit a lot of times..

i just couldnt, i would not smoke mon - thur.. and fri & saturday i'd smoke a pack each day.... just to cover up for not smoking during the weekdays ,

and ppl say its the hardest in the 1st month only...but thats not true. i have cravings for smoking ( till today ) .. only after the 1st month..

what we get used to is the habit of holding a cigarette in your hand ... and putting something in your mouth.. lets face it .. SMOKING TASTES C**P! , surprisingly only tastes good when under the influence of alcohol....

my advice is, to you guys.. who are out there trying to stop.. i know there are many of you...

you can't stop unless you want to.. ive said a billion times i wanna stop i wanna stop.. but it wasnt in my heart.. i wouldnt mind smoking when drinking.. now i live the same drinking habit and i do not smoke at all.... not one cig in almost 2 months...considering i used to chain smoke when given the chance

you will be trying at least a dozen times or maybe up to 50 times ur gonne try and try and try.. but u wont quit unless ur heart wants u 2...

what stopped me is i had irreuglar sleep... my eyes were tired and stoney.... i would feel tired... breath used to smell at times..... and girls dont liek it either...

i think most ppl would quit smoking if they had something bad happen to them.. and maybe thats whats going to make you stop.. but in smoking.. you can get heart diseases etc etc.. u dont need to hear it from me... u know it already!...

and believe me guys not smoking makes me feel good.. i feel fresh... i look like the basic junkie and whena girl asks me for a light ( i carry a zippo, it suits my image ) or a cig ( this i dont carry )..... i tell them i dont smoke.. they're surprised.... it impresses girls and makes u feel good..

here is a real catch to try to quit.. buy a pack of your fav brand... keep it in your pocket.. DO NOT OPEN IT .. spoils the whole point of quitting.... keep it in front of you.. test ur self to resist temptation.. and this helps with the ladies as wel... leave it packed in the bag..just staring at you while u crave it... makes u stronger...

if you can say no to cigs ( this is for the addicted bunch of smokers )... you can say no to most things... creates some sort of challenge you can carry on from there.....

hope you guys get where im coming from...
cheers!!

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idiots smoke. End of story.

tonysat

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah it is a stupid habit to pick up, hence stating it is for the addicted bunch to try out.

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Luveno
Idiots smoke. End of story.
People start smoking for a variety of reasons. They're all stupidmoves at the time but they don't qualify as idiots. I smoked and by no way was I an idiot. It's people like Luveno that used to piss me off when I was smoking. "Oh you're an idiot casue you smoke" I usually replied with "Well atleast now I know there's one idiot out there that doesn't smoke" Cause idiots never try and explore the other side of the situation and just think their take is the only take on things.

Quiting ain't that easy and that's why you got 70 and 80 year old people still smoking. But no matter what you gotta stop not cause of the girls but because of you. This is what I did, I used to buy a pack a day so I put the money I would've spent on cig away; $8 a day (Yep, Cig in Canada are expensive) on my dresser. End of the week I had $56 to spend on whatever I wanted. It was great motivation and I haven't smoked for 5 months now and have a lot of new great stuff.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd need to dig up this statistic. But, a dentist collegue of mine (who himself was a smoker) stated that most people will quit smoking after the 5th or 6th attempt. Even if that final attempt is cold turkey.

So..If you've quit before and started up again.

KEEP ON TRYING.

Eventually...YOU WILL QUIT!

Its better to quit smoking on your own terms and rules rather than you going to your bi-annual dental check up and having to biopsy that yellow lesion on the side of your tongue for possible throat cancer.

Trust be bro...QUIT ON YOUR OWN TERMS!

tonysat

Don Juan
Reaction score
trust me , one of good way to quit is,

keep a full pack with you, & resist it. it really helps, helped me at least. and i loved smoking camel reds & marlboro reds.
thats as harsh as it gets!

it might take a few attempts, but reaps benefits.

only after 2-3 months u can say u effecitvely quit smokig.. im on 8th week now..
i crave for a dam puff every saturday night when im out clubbing...
and esp with alcohol. cigs do taste good..

most imp thing is mindset ! gl to whoever is tryin to quit !

cheers !~