"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

A rather awkward position...

Befuddled

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Perth, Australia
Don’t know where to start. bear with me, this might be a kinda long.

A month or so ago, we finally end up going to the same party. Me n a friend got ripped. the last thing i clearly remember was lying down in the grass and staring up at the stars lol. And out of nowhere this girl(girl1) n I start making out quite heavily. I was pretty much out of it... not thinking straight...could barely see straight. any who...so she manages to drag me to her room where we end up spending the night together.....didn’t go all the way, just 2nd base. I wake up and mosey on out back to my place.

Basically I end up in bed with this chick, whom I’ve never had any conversation with at all. So I decide to hang out a bit with her n it's all cool. we have a couple of movie nights....she cooked for me a little n we cuddled on the couch n stuff. But I start talking to some of my friends (guys) and they all told me she’s 'cuddly' with every guy!!! Apparently she slept with 2 different guys within the month before we hooked up, but we had met. And only a month before we hooked up she actually lost her virginity. (didn’t really bother me much at first) One of the guys (guy1) is a major player(and a good friend of mine). There’s another guy she tried to fool around with was a guy I recently met (he wasn’t interested (guy2)). That just kinda..... threw me off.

So basically that 'sign of interest'(cuddling, spending time, touching(a lot)) got thrown out the door. She comes over to my room a lot more often than before to get me to go out n wants to hang out a lot more with me. Which is all cool....she seemed like a nice girl.

So last night we end up at the local pub. and we get a whole lot of 'kino' going. I would have spent the night with her, except when I was talking to some of my other friends I glance over to her n i see her like touching(a lot) guy2).

So we all stayed till closing time, when we end up at my place. Her , the guys (including guy2) n me. At this point i was a bit drunk n didn’t want to do anything id regret. So as always the conversation ends up being about sex. And all was good until she mentioned that she just lost her virginity 2 months ago !!! (so I’m assuming to my friend(guy1) n that she’s never had an orgasm. All along she looking straight at me, in a kind of nervous way. At this point I was getting a bit peeved...so I fire up a video game and just listen at this point.

Guy2 comes in and she starts getting all touchy feely with him again... like tapping his groin, etc...right in front of me. At this point I pretty much gave up on wanting to talk to her at all, and didn’t say much to her for the rest of the 5 minutes she wast there.

Lord knows it doesn’t bother me that girls are promiscuous, but when I found out this girl probably lost her virginity on a one-night-stand, it just really disturbed me, and just 2 months ago. So she’s basically been passed down, and she’s still all flirty with all the guys, including me. When I turned on the video game and didn’t really bother paying any attention to her, I think she probably really felt bad, and I remember hearing…’the thing with guys is that they don’t know when they’re being jerks’, and I’m guessing that was directed at me. Right now I don’t think I want to be flirting with her, least of all spend the night. What do you guys reckon I aught to do ?
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
She lost her virginity 8 weeks ago, and she's already been with 3 or 4 guys? :eek: She's fast becoming a wh0re. Next her and don't get involved.
 

Befuddled

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Perth, Australia
Originally posted by WaterTiger
She lost her virginity 8 weeks ago, and she's already been with 3 or 4 guys? :eek: She's fast becoming a wh0re. Next her and don't get involved.
2 guys. one was a good friend of mine. i dont know the other guy.

right now it's me n guy2 shes been all flirty with. im getting the vibe that she loves the attention , and i dont dish that out easily.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by WaterTiger
She lost her virginity 8 weeks ago, and she's already been with 3 or 4 guys? :eek: She's fast becoming a wh0re. Next her and don't get involved.
That isn't even slutty. That's just having fun.
 

Befuddled

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Perth, Australia
As i said, thats all n good. but, at least to me, virginity is something rather... imporant. if she lost it in a one night stand and then starts flaunting it.... thats kinda whorish behavious in my opinion.just makes me feel kinda 'dirty' that i spent the night with her.
Shes great to hang out with and its definately clear shes into me... but the fact that shes so touch feely with other guys (one who she tried to get with, and got rejected) makes me kinda uneasy. im not looking for anything 'permanent' of a relationship or what have you, but this kind of behaviour sends me mixed signals at the very least. there are other girls ive been hanging out with who ahve shown interest, so it's not a bit deal, but i thought i might be making a big deal of nothing n wondering what you guys thought about the whole situation ?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top