"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

A question on being FUNNY.

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Pimpsville
We all think we're hilarious, but only a few of us can really crack a good joke that everyone laughs at. One of the most effective ways to score with the b1tches, and people in general, is to make them laugh and feel happy...its so obvious, but its not as easy as it seems.

My question is:

How the hell do you become funny?

I want to develope a razor sharp wit that can be used in a blink of an eye when I see an opening to use it. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as it seems, infact it's REALLY hard for me! I usually find something decently funny to say moments AFTER the oportunity presents itself. I guess some of my problems is that I'm really uptight and shy most of the time.

Also I know that humor breaks off into lots of categories, some better than others, some girls/guys like more than others. Which do you like the most? Which is most effective with the b1tches?

Anyway back to my question:

How do you develope a humorous personality. C'mon guys, we all wanna know how to get just about anyone smiling and laughing. If we had that ability we would be unstopable because the people we joke around with will love us, thus we will have power over them...and isn't that what we all desire? Can I get an "AMEN!" and some feedback?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
i find that i'm funnier when i'm relaxed and trying not to think too hard.

when u try think too much or hard about trying to become funny, u'll usually have little success.

i've heard of a lot of advice saying to watch comedies esp. standups and hang around with funny people.

oh yeah, casanova did a really good post about this! read it in the bible

one of his major tips, which i've followed and has worked, is to be OBSERVATIONAL. try to spot things that are out of place and unusual and just simply comment on them

gd lck, gav
 

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
Humor can be a very subjective thing at times.

If you try to 'study' someone being funny (i.e. watching Jerry Seinfeld or someone), it won't look natural when you try to be funny.

You have to pretty much go with your own sense of humor - believe it or not, everyone has one.

You don't necessarily have to dominate a conversation with stories, jokes, and entertainment - the 'consummate entertainer' can be the WORST kind.

Instead, do what feels right - if you see something funny, say something! If your buddy says something just downright ridiculous, cut him up on it. Have some fun :)

You can't be funny like other people are - you need to just go with what feels right for you.
 

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
Being Funny

I'm not bragging, just giving background to help you.
I've always been naturally funny, I find that intelligent people, like most of the ones here, are usually the funniest. A lot of Illigent people are shy (coincidence and an Oxymoran?). First of all I'm funny in person, It's really hard for me to be funny in a one way conversation like this.

I'm coming up with these as I go along, stick with me here:

1) Relax, Relax, Relax. Just relax and be the person your brain wants you to be. Your brain is naturally funny. Comedy is just well delivered non-sense. That's it. When a brain is confused, and understands at the same time (like you now), it laughs (unlike you now). Let's say you understand sex, but you hear a good sex joke with a bit of confusing stuff (nonsence), your brain responds with laughter. Relax and you can make this happen to people naturally. instantly you'll think (and not realize it): What would I think to be funny here? Boom I just said it! That kinda thing.

2)Maybe this is just personal opinion, but don't watch a bunch of comedians because they only hinder your ability. (P.S. I hate Jerry Seinfeld). Lack of staged, stand-up comedy on TV or wherever, will want you to make your own. That's fun!

3)Make a snap (a quick funny response, not a prepared joke) as short as possible. That's always better, trust me.

4)Sarcasicm is great! Only use it when you're trying to be funny, not when you're trying to piss people off! Sarcasism is a great weapon......i meant tool.

5)If you make a quick snap at sometime, be sure to tell them you were just kidding. All in good sport of course.

6)TIMING TIMING TIMING TIMING TIMING. Now, the point im trying to get across is.......timing lol. It's hard to show you timing in text, but I'll try. Telling a joke slow and than quickly telling the long punchline is NOT a good idea. EVeryone's masturbated, maybe had sex, treat a joke like that. Fast to grab attention at first, small spots of nothing to get more attention, climax really slow, than really fast - alternating up to the peek of the joke (not the punchline yet) Than BOOM jizz all over the place.........or tell your punchline whatever.


This is hard to explain, but I've tryed. Go out there and bust a gut.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
relax, don't think to hard, say what ever is funny that pops up in your head.

I use to practice joking people, like go out in public place and radomly insult who ever walked by. But thats just me, different people find different things funny.
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
i dunno man. can't explain it anyway. i guess you're gonna have to find sumthing you talked about in the early part of the conversation and then inject it in afterwards. kinda hard to explain actually. sumthn kinda like this. her(h) me(m).

h: ey, m! *** got sent out of the room.
m: rily? what happened? what was he doin?
h: wel, he was singing and so it wasn't really the silent or whisper type of singing so professor gets pissed off and the next thing we know is that he's gonna be lucky to pass the subject.
m: rily? that's sad. so, how was class?
h: wel, it was fine! great, actually!
m: sounds like you weren't singing, huh? :D
h: :D :D :D

wel, can't really think of another example now, man. it kinda gets in naturally. examine this example, anyway. i could have said sumthn like, 'wel, sounds like you didn't get sent out huh?'

that's how i am and it works for me. it doesn't make me appear so 'trying hard' as we term it here. just relax. :)
 

Master Homer

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach, FL
Actually, almost EVERYONE finds funny things in a conversation, but never say them (for fear of it coming out wrong or something). It's all tied into confidence. Also how you actually something makes it funny or not. Even something ridiculous will get laughs if it's said in the right way.
 
Top