"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

A question for student debtors - do you think your debt makes you very cheap when wining & dining poontang?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,682
Reaction score
5,125
I was reading this, and it got me interested:
Beyond that, my debt sometimes even discourages me from dating, which can easily become very expensive. In New York, dating often means going out to dinner, or going to the movies. Sometimes, the thought of making romantic gestures by buying someone a nice meal—or even paying $50 or more for two movie tickets and two drinks—can feel unrealistic when I remember that I have this debt that is not only waiting to be paid off, but also constantly accruing interest.

There have been several times where I have wanted to ask someone out, but then have thought about how much not only the first date would cost, but going on follow up dates, as well, and then decided against it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
I'd rather die in debt than live a life where I pay bills instead of having fun.

Personally, my debt doesn't influence my decisions, my lack of money does. If I had the cash in hand (or on card) and a girl to go out with hell yeah I'm going out. However I'm not the kind of guy who insists on going to expensive dates like that. If we're not going somewhere I personally want to go or on a date that's very likely to get me laid (drinks) then I'm not gonna spend $50 lol.

I'd prefer it if the girl paid for herself too.
 

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
17,571
Reaction score
6,353
Age
50
Location
midwestern cow field 40
I never made a single payment on any of my student debt. It's been 25 years. The debt is so old at this point that it has been resold many times, and is now owned by some sleaze bags in Chicago. I could settle it for 5-10%, but my goal is to die first, so those fvckers never get a penny out of me.
 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,682
Reaction score
5,125
I never made a single payment on any of my student debt. It's been 25 years. The debt is so old at this point that it has been resold many times, and is now owned by some sleaze bags in Chicago. I could settle it for 5-10%, but my goal is to die first, so those fvckers never get a penny out of me.
I take it then that you support Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders with their student debt jubilee advocation?
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
You can pay your bills and still have fun...but to each his own and I do see what you're saying. I racked up some debt traveling while younger. Don't regret seeing the world.
Ideally of course you have fun in moderation and pay your bills in moderation

But realistically it will be a long time before you can make regular payments on a multi-thousand dollar debt AND also live an active social life and go on vacations and stuff. So most people would have to choose one or the other.

I guess it doesn't affect your credit rating? (Is that how federal loans work?)
You can put off paying your loans for a really really long time especially if they're federal by simply asking. I'm getting mine delayed for a year because I don't have a job and apparently as long as I don't have a job I can keep doing that.

It'll catch up to you eventually though I assume. Like if you win the lottery or a court settlement or something.

It only affects your credit if you're defaulting iirc.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
4,392
Reaction score
927
I read 1920s books sometimes. They'd jail people for unpaid debt back then. Whooh, all those students going to jail would be a bonanza for the current inmates.
 

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
17,571
Reaction score
6,353
Age
50
Location
midwestern cow field 40
I guess it doesn't affect your credit rating? (Is that how federal loans work?)
Debt that is older than 7 years will drop off the report, usually. It doesnt go away, but is considered irrelevant to credit scoring. Making one payment makes old debt show up for another 7 years on the report, at least as of about 15 years ago when I sold mortgages.

I see the credit industry as mostly a big scam to mire poor people in life crushing debt, all to make billionaires richer. And that is our student loan system as well. Those loans are collateralized and sold off as investments for rich people. All of it is insured and backed by the taxpayers, mostly poor people. Would anyone here make a $100k personal loan to an 18 yo so he can go get a liberal arts ba? That's what your tax dollars are doing, which is why the system is fvcked. But it makes the rich get richer, which is the point of everything.
 
Top