Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Player's Tips For a Long Term Relationship(LTR)

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

These tips have been written assuming that you have a quality girlfriend.

-Everyone once in a while a little unsuspected drama is good, and probably needed.

-Being in 'control' of the relationship doesn't mean giving orders or commands. The best form of control is when she doesn't even realize who is in control;)

-A girlfriend that doesn't contribute ideas, conversation, or dates for the two of you is a waste of time.

-Never give your girlfriend too much time. She should be a part of your life not the co-star of it. In the begining of the relationship you need to have quality time but do not over do it; there should always be a feeling of 'wanting more.'

-Keep your cool 95% of the time. Show your emotions and what makes you tick spairingly.

-Your actions should speak louder than words. Do not tell her that you care, show her.

WARNING: This may sound different

-Know the cycle of your girlfriend's period. Cuts down on unnecessary discussions or excuses for why you cannot have sex. Also, this gives you an opportunity to turn her on rediculously and then let her take it out on you.:D

-When she asks for advice, do not give it. Most of the time girls do not really want your advice they just like to complain and verbalize their feeling to yet another person. Also, you are not there to solve her problems.

-A girlfriend that you cannot Just Chill with is not a girl to date. Sometimes the best dates are just staying home, watching a movie, messing around, making food, causing trouble, etc. A girl that cannot sit there and chill like one of the guys leaves a lot to be desired.

-Don't leave your friends b/c you have a girlfriend. It is important to balance the time out b/c good friends last longer than girlfriends.

-You should be able to spend time together with your friends and your girlfriend together. If you think that the girl would lose interest/cheat on you then you should not be in the relationship in the first place. Also, sometimes friends see things that you cannot see.

-Your girlfriend and your friends should not get too close. You need to find a happy medium between this tip and the one mentioned above.

-NEVER, NEVER set up your friends with your girlfriend's friends. Sometimes guys/girls want their friends to be as happy as they are, but setting the two parties up will almost always kill you (in way or the other) in the end.

I am going to give out a few details to try and make my point clear:

*Most people talk to much, and what you say can be passed around all too easily, getting you into trouble you could have avoided.

*You put yourself in a situation where you will have to keep secrects from from either your friend, your girlfriend or both.

*If you break up with your girlfriend it can be akward having to see your ex. Also, it puts your friend in a situation where he may have to choose between you & his girlfriend.

-When it comes to the relationship put effort into being unique. Do things that you and/or her have never done before. Anything goes from the dates you go on to the way you make her SCREAM.

-Don't discuss what is happening in the bedroom. Most people have imaginations, they can guess what they like.

-Get to know your girlfriend's family. You can know/understand her better if you get to know her family on some level. There will usually be a more laid back attitude towards you if they know who you are (assuming that they like you:cool: ).

-Make sure that your Girlfriend knows that you have female friends but don't flash them without reason in front of her face.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa

These tips have been written assuming that you have a quality girlfriend.

-A girlfriend that doesn't contribute ideas, conversation, or dates for the two of you is a waste of time.
Good list. Here's another http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43111

For me, an extremely passive girlfriend is one I have right now. I can't tell you how frustrating it is...that's why I outlined this one thing you wrote. She doesn't make dates. She doesn't surprise me with any sort of unpredictability or spontaneity. She never blows me away with her conversation or any profound views of the world. She BARELY TAKES THE INITIATIVE. Sometimes I think she's a robot trapped inside some really hot blonde girl's body (ha!) But all this is fine. I'm sure she's happy with herself and comfortable with her life. As you'll read on further, I've realized taht this is simply who she is (a polish immigrant with a very scientiful background) and who she has grown up to be.

Guys, here's a tip that is consistent with my prior point:

It seems here that so many guys are desperate for a relationship and are often ready to settle for less. I'm here to broaden your horizons on what constitues a GREAT girlfriend (afterall, we only deserve the best, right?)

We often see on this website that the most "important" criteria for a good relationship is to be with a woman who's honest, failthful and has a lot of integrity. This is probably due to the fact that so many guys here give girls, in general, a bad name: Naturally, when they do find a girl who counters everything they believed in regarding a girl's worth, they hold on to her as tight as they can. Afterall, finding an honest girl is like finding a needle in a haystack, right?

Im here to tell you that that is not necessarily true.

I have found that girl. Derspite all my stupid ass posts before about asking if I should trust my gf, I realize now that I truly do. She's honest, religious, moral---A good girl we would call her: I'd be stupid to say that I didn't trust her, because any reason for not doing so would clearly be due to a crazy fabrication of my imagination. Add to that, she's also one of the hottest girls I've ever been with. Easily a 9 in my eyes, HOW COULD I EVER BE DISSATISFIED WITH NOT ONLY AN HONEST AND CARING GIRL, BUT ALSO A BEAUTFUL GIRL? I hear some of you now muttering to your computers:

"He's crazy!"

And yet, here I am..not settling for anything less, bringing up a good point drixsa made in his post. The girl I'm with is young, inexperienced, and more passive than any girl I've ever met in my life... This passivity is something I knew about before I got involved with her ona more "serious" note, but I vowed to keep it on the backburner because she simply had so many other assets to her personality that were so perfect for what I wanted in a relationship. I thought to myself..so, she's passive..inexperienced, doesn't have a lot of culture-I'LL CHANGE HER! RIGHT? Doesn't it make sense? Corrupt her mind a bit, make her a slut in bed, get her to dress nicely, listen to ACTUAL GOOD MUSIC (not the shyt she likes now) get her a little more involved with pop culture etc. I realize now that my desires to change her were not only twisted, but also impossible. I will never again try to change her from her passive, unemtional self into the girl I wanted her to be. I realize now that that is the girl she is and I can either deal with it or just get rid of her. Anyways...I'm rambling..

I have no idea what Im goign to do with her (Ill keep you all posted) but what I'm relaizing more and more is that one should not settle for anything less than they deserve. I believe it was probably due to this website that I decided to have her as my gf because she was just so TRUSTWORTHY. Now, it seems all the trustworthiness in the world cannot save me from the boredom I currently feel in my relationship.

She's a great girl-sweet, caring, but I know now that I shouldn't settle for only one critical dimension of a girls personality. For, despite all her integrity, this girl does not inspire me to reach new heights in adventure and LIVING, simply because she hasn't inspired herself (or so I think) yet. It may come in time, it may not..

So guys, don't blind yourself into thinking you got ALL THAT YOU DESERVED with regards to your gf. Don't ignore your longing to be with a girl who truly inspires and impresses you. She's out there. I thought I had found her, but now I'm getting tired of pretending I'm happy with a hot and sincere girl when really I want more.

Last edited:

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed... all across the board... except for the 'know when she's ragging'... Am I the only one that doesn't have to 'look' for sex?' It just seems whenever she wants it, I'm usually available, even when she's ragging. I don't find myself counting the days of her cycles. Actually, you just know by instinct I think?

But the rest of the stuff, is really common sense, and beginner basics.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: A Player's Tips For a Long Term Relationship(LTR)

Originally posted by jbbrain

So guys, don't blind yourself into thinking you got ALL THAT YOU DESERVED with regards to your gf. Don't ignore your longing to be with a girl who truly inspires and impresses you. She's out there. I thought I had found her, but now I'm getting tired of pretending I'm happy with a hot and sincere girl when really I want more.
ABSOLUTELY.

Don't sell yourself short... on anything in life. YOU deserve exactly what you want in life... you need to go for what you want, and settle fro nothing less. I don't care what you look like, oir how much money you got... never sell yourself short.

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: A Player's Tips For a Long Term Relationship(LTR)

Originally posted by InLawsHateMe
ABSOLUTELY.

Don't sell yourself short... on anything in life. YOU deserve exactly what you want in life... you need to go for what you want, and settle fro nothing less. I don't care what you look like, oir how much money you got... never sell yourself short.
I always end up regretting it for a bit because the boring girls are usually so hot. Then when you end it, and have a dry spell, you're like damn. I would do what a chick does, hold on to her until something better comes along. Like the monkey analogy. ~Zappa

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OddTech
Good post. Mods, this should be in the "tips" section.
And away to the Tips it goes...

high nrg

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is EXACTLY what i needed

thank you

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbbrain
It seems here that so many guys are desperate for a relationship and are often ready to settle for less. I'm here to broaden your horizons on what constitues a GREAT girlfriend (afterall, we only deserve the best, right?)
Very true, i am trying to finish up a post helping to see some of the charecters of women that should be pointed out before venturing into a relationship with them

Originally posted by InLawsHateMe
Agreed... all across the board... except for the 'know when she's ragging'... Am I the only one that doesn't have to 'look' for sex?' It just seems whenever she wants it, I'm usually available, even when she's ragging. I don't find myself counting the days of her cycles. Actually, you just know by instinct I think?

But the rest of the stuff, is really common sense, and beginner basics.
No, you aren't the only one (hehehe) but if you look at the boards these days more of the problems are falling around getting the women than keeping them.

I have heard a lot of talk about LTRs and that is the stage that i am at.

In regards to her period i do not keep track of cycles, i just know that in the beggining of the month i should be exspecting it.

The reasons i find keeping track of her period to be useful is:

-so i don't suddenly ask "jeez why are you acting so *****y this past day(s)?"

-I know, to a certain extentent, how far to take things on a given night

-I don't find myself with "red" fingers

-I can avoid a date alltogether (though when my g-f has a period it usually is not that bad)

-I find that g-f's appreciate/exspect that i know when things like this happen

-Lastly, nothing sucks likes getting very intimate and turned on only to hear, "We can't tonite...I want to but we cant."
(see if you can find the pun in this one)

Yes, to you and me these tips are quite common sense that i just wrote down in the middle of class but to many people these aren't such obvious measures to be taken.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good and orginal post, first post I have seen here on this subject in a long time.
While its a good post and contains good feedback is still doesn't change my standing on relationships, I's rathers bes a free man than tied down to one boss. I just don't see the logic in messing around with just one woman.