Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A New Chapter

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ended the relationship the girlfriend of over 6 years. Majority of my twenties was spent with her. Nothing but positive things came out of the relationship, so I was glad to be with her through those years. We grew apart, and we were honest about it. I wish her the best of luck.

I will be taking a break from relationships until I hit my mid-thirties. I won't even do the short term dating thing until I hit 30. Right now, I want to spend all my time and resources on me. I see this as an opportunity to a second chance at life. With me being a wiser and more complete individual now, I want make the most out of this opportunity. I will continue to focus on my career, eat healthy, workout frequently to maintain good health and stay fit, and work on ways to make my life more interesting/enjoyable.

I actually want to thank Sosuave and the members who posts regularly over the years for helping me to become the individual I am today. I came to this site as a naive kid close to a decade ago. Had I not have been here through the years, I would have taken this breakup very hard and not know what to do to move on.

Gro0ver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pleased for you mate, welcome back in the game :woo:

I broke up with my gf of 9 years in January, the only advice i'd give is be patient with yourself, it takes some time to get used to being single and everything that comes with it. Even though you might not want to, you might find yourself attaching to a girl easily in order to fill a space at first. You will soon find balance (took me 6 months), just allow yourself to explore avenues and don't get too pissed with yourself when you make mistakes.

Best of luck and enjoy the new journey! Make good use of all that time you now have :up:

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I really appreciate it.

Gave all her stuff back to her yesterday. Toss out the rest of the stuff that reminds me of her. I am also adopting a minimalist lifestyle, so I toss, donate, or give away a bunch of crap too. My place has never been this clean and organized.

Now I need to separate the phone account and gym membership, then all traces of her are erase from my life. After that, no contact will truly start.

The freedom so far is fantastic. Worked out last night. I will workout twice today as well.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear LB,
A very tough time indeed.....Don't neglect your social skills,use this time as a great opportunity,to build up not only your War Chest and vocational skills,but to sow advance organisers in other areas....If you can't Dance then take it up,this will sublimate your need for Female company,you become known in a different circle and make contacts,that you will use later.....Muscles are known to atrophy markedly from six weeks of not being used...social skills in about the same order of time...On a similar vein,there is a lot to be said for,use it or lose it,do your Kegals twice daily,and flush the pipes,whether you want to or not,at least twice weekly!

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche,

To be honest, I never understand half your posts when I run across them. But the one above for me, I read you loud and clear. Thank you. I will keep focusing on me and improve each day.

It wasn't easy when she came a few days ago to finish up separating the accounts we have together. I thought it was just a simple make a few phone calls and she's out of my hair, but she lingered a little too long and it got a little uncomfortable. My mind was already made up, she's no longer my girl, and I want nothing to do with her.

She stayed and won't leave. I had to ask several times why, "why are you still here?" after everything was done. If she think she's made a mistake to let the relationship fail, then it's too late. I have already moved on. I saw it coming when she started picking petty fights and making a big deal out of it. I did everything on my part to make it work, but she kept on making it worse. Takes two to make it work. But whatever. We had our final dinner together, then I made her leave.

I haven't talked to her since and life's been great. Now I am just working on my social skills with strangers and trying to build up my social circle. In a few months when I am ready, I will hit the ground running with my dating game.