Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Missed Opportunity

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
6 Months ago right before the lockdown here in Sydney I went to the Pharmacy to buy Shoe Insoles to help make my dress shoes more comfortable and add 0.5 inchs to my height.

I go to the cash register and there is this Beautiful girl there, she asks if I want to sign up to get a free $5 gift card with the membership. I agree to it and she asks for my Email and Number. She notes how my email is unusual since she has never seen "ProtonMail" before. I tell her that it is Swiss and she then becomes interested and asks if I'm from Switzerland. We chat for a bit and I find out that she is a Christian Palestinian (I had no idea those even existed) we chat a bit more but I didn't ask for her number. I figured I can just come back again next time.

Then the lockdown happened here in Sydney, it lasted for 5 months. It's only recently that restrictions were finally lifted here. I decided to hit up the Pharmacy again last week and one more time this Saturday and I noticed she wasn't there both times. She's probably working somewhere else.

Valuable lesson to be learnt, better to shoot your shot instead of waiting since you might never see them again. I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.

TLDR: Met a Beautiful Girl at the pharmacy
Had a great Chat
Didn't ask her out
5 month lockdown happens
She's no longer working there

Last edited:

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 Months ago right before the lockdown here in Sydney I went to the Pharmacy to buy Shoe Insoles to help make my dress shoes more comfortable and add 0.5 inchs to my height.

I go to the cash register and there is this Beautiful girl there, she asks if I want to sign up to get a free $5 gift card with the membership. I agree to it and she asks for my Email and Number. She notes how my email is unusual since she has never seen "ProtonMail" before. I tell her that it is Swiss and she then becomes interested and asks if I'm from Switzerland. We chat for a bit and I find out that she is a Christian Palestinian (I had no idea those even existed) we chat a bit more but I didn't ask for her number. I figured I can just come back again next time.

Then the lockdown happened here in Sydney, it lasted for 5 months. It's only recently that restrictions were finally lifted here. I decided to hit up the Pharmacy again last week and one more time this Saturday and I noticed she wasn't there both times. She's probably working somewhere else.

Valuable lesson to be learnt, better to shoot your shot instead of waiting since you might never see them again. I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.

Had a great Chat
Didn't ask her out
5 month lockdown happens
Don't you know her name/lastname? 5 months its a long time, but if you know anything you can use to search for her, it still have a chance.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Don't you know her name/lastname? 5 months its a long time, but if you know anything you can use to search for her, it still have a chance.
All I have is her first name and place of work, I can't go down there and ask "is Maria still working here". I atleast got a valuable lesson out of it to never hesitate
Yeah, that's not creepy at all.
Before social media in the early 2000s, here in Australia there was a guy who met a girl on the train but didn't get her number. He started a campaign to try and find her.

He eventually did and they started dating.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Before social media in the early 2000s, here in Australia there was a guy who met a girl on the train but didn't get her number. He started a campaign to try and find her.

Ahh, the old 'I knew a guy once' retort.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I have is her first name and place of work, I can't go down there and ask "is Maria still working here". I atleast got a valuable lesson out of it to never hesitate

I can add that if she had your email and name, she could also get in touch with you.

I had a similar situation with a girl on a bank... She showed a lot of interest, talked to me, and was looking with a kind of desire to me. I tried to find her, and I think I found but I figured out she was married.

Maybe it really wasn't supposed to be.

In some new opportunity you can just ask her out or for a contact so you could talk to her later.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Life on its own is already creepy.
The lesson is to just ask a girl out next time instead of leaving it until later. Rejection is better than regret like I'm feeling now. I won't track her down since that has no chance of working.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The lesson is to just ask a girl out next time instead of leaving it until later. Rejection is better than regret like I'm feeling now. I won't track her down since that has no chance of working.
Agree with you.

I just gave a suggestion that if you knew her name you could try to find her on social media for example. With name/lastname that could be easy.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Agree with you.

I just gave a suggestion that if you knew her name you could try to find her on social media for example. With name/lastname that could be easy.
And do what exactly? Say "hey i tracked you down"

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Had a great Chat
Didn't ask her out
5 month lockdown happens
In all fairness, I haven't been to a club in 18months + and even after years of pickup, you still get rusty. I hear the east coast 9f Australia is pretty nutty the past year.

It is what it is. There never any shame in taking your shot. I kicked off pickup from a cute brunette getting ID in a grocery store. Next were taking off masks and flirting. Pickup from absolutely nothing. It's all fun.

I assume that I want ever see her again. Approach like we already smashed. Assumed attraction from Go. I don't really care. Pickup is funny. Pulling is funny. Rejection is funny. The sound effects of her quiff is funny. Enough pickup and interactions remind me of the teacher in Charlie brown's Christmas special which is funny!

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And do what exactly? Say "hey i tracked you down"
Hum, if you found her home address... Then it it could be weird.

But IMO, finding her on instagram or facebook, then texting something like "Hey, are you that girl from the {name of store}?... I didnt know if I would find you here on instagram... I liked you and would like to talk or date with you anytime.", at least on my point of view it doesn't seems to be creepy or offensive. The most dangerous thing it can happens here is she rejecting you.

I see that as someone who was interested on a girl, knew her name and found her on social media. Then just started a conversation.

Anyways, its only my opinion... Some might think it's weird or normal. Since you keep respect talking to her and she have a social media profile that can be found, I really don't see any problem on that.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Had a great Chat
Didn't ask her out
5 month lockdown happens
Could had been that she was being just nice and communicative. That's not a missed opportunity. A missed opportunity was when you have a beautiful naked girl in your bed and you don't have sex. Now that's a missed opportunity.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Had a great Chat
Didn't ask her out
5 month lockdown happens
Oftentimes we let ourselves get paralyzed by our own brain. It is telling us the time is not just right and there will be a better time to do it for a variety of reasons. In reality, there rarely is anything to lose by being very friendly and asking for a number at any given moment assuming you have built up some rapport. Sounds like you had a great conversation going. Saying "we should grab a coffee/drink sometime" at the end and then asking for the number would have been no problem at all.

Like you said - live and learn.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a great Chat
Didn't ask her out
5 month lockdown happens
Every guy has missed opportunities. I wouldn't call this one a miss.

When a woman works in a public facing job, it's very difficult to get a date from an interaction with her while she's at her job.

If you want to feel like you have a real opportunity with a stripper, bartender, waitress, retail store worker, etc., you need to meet these women when they are off the clock. Most men with BA/BS degrees or higher and white collar jobs don't have a lot of these women in their social circles, so they are reliant upon meeting them via cold approach or app swiping.

I met a stripper once at an off duty event (playing a co-ed team sport) and got her number that way. She eventually flaked before the bang. This happened in the pre-smartphone era.

GT40

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh well, next just for it and take the shot brother-you've got nothing to lose. Who knows, she may have passed ? Or the other and you'd be having an on-going item.