Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Long List Of Ways The Seduction Community Can Make You Weird

Count Chocola

Banned
Reaction score
from: http://ipower.ning.com/group/relationships/forum/topics/a-long-list-of-ways-the

I don't really want to write this article. It can't help but be negative and it'll take the wind out a few people's sails. But I think sometimes people need to hear certain things, even if they are a bit hard to swallow at first. Hopefully one day the points below will become irrelevant.

Ah, the Seduction Community. Some of you may not know what this is, but I think a fair percentage of guys who want to do better with women know about it. The summary is that it's a bunch of advice on how to hook up with girls, with a whole subculture of (mostly wannabe) practitioners formed around it. If you'd like some information about it, check out the Wikipedia article. It's a big can of worms though, let me warn you. Also, a good overview can be gained by reading The Game: Penetrating The Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss. This book is also good about discussing the pitfalls of this unique subculture. Some of the ideas here are already covered by Strauss' concept of Social Robots. Anyways, the rest of this article will assume you're familiar with the so-called 'Community'.

I don't consider myself part of the Seduction Community. When I was a few years younger and totally hard-up, I knew all about it though. I was your regular eager little Kool-Aid swigging newbie trying to apply all the advice he read on the message boards. As of writing this I've been in a relationship for two years and have largely dropped out of the scene. Even before I met her, I was starting to have some reservations about it. Well, except I have this site and the other one, so I naturally try to follow along with it, but I'm hardly out at the bars trying to pick up.

I have a much more ambivalent ,[conflicting feelings], attitude towards the Community than I used to. On one hand, it can introduce a lot of positive things into the life of really lonely, hopeless guys. But on the other hand, it's just so damned weird and unhealthy at times. Some people get into it and end up becoming a lot more strange than they were going in.

I have nothing against the idea of trying to learn the stuff the Community teaches, I just think you need to extract the benefits and avoid succumbing , [to yield to superior strength or force], to the weirdness. Use the individual pieces of advice that help you, but don't go too far into the whole thing and become a totally different, less appealing person. Hopefully this article will help you avoid the common problems.

Here are some of the good aspects of the Community:

It has an overall positive focus on self-help and self-improvement, however misguided these good intentions can be at times.
Some of the advice is really helpful. It helped me.
It helps correct the overly needy, desperate, naive, or romanticized attitudes that some guys have about women.
It helps correct the unhelpful tendencies towards dating some men have, like thinking they must spend a lot of money on a woman to impress her.
It teaches guys that being attractive to women is something you can work on and develop, that it's not a matter of, "You just have it or you don't" or that you must have money or looks or power first.
Through applying advice ultimately designed to help them get women, guys can become more attractive, personable, and confident on the whole.
It provides them with a system in which they can work to improve with women.

Oh, but there's the weird stuff too. Oh, is there ever. Some of it revolves around the advice and ideas, but a lot is based on the Community itself. Many of the guys who are attracted to this stuff can be weird, awkward, and undersocialized, so the cause-and-effect isn't clear. Does the Community make you weird, or is it just that a lot of weird people are drawn to it, or does something about it bring out a new kind of weirdness in a certain type of person?

Anyways, here's an extensive list of things to watch out for in yourself. As someone who used to be into this stuff, I'd be lying if I said none of these things ever happened to me, a lot of them did:

Feeling arrogant and superior just for being in the 'Community'

Being an unsolicited advice and opinion giver

Misapplying advice you don't truly 'get'

A skewed perspective towards other guys

Idolizing the wrong types of people

Overdoing it with the Community jargon

Focusing on flashy tricks instead of truly being effective with women

Trading one set of misguided ideas about women for another

Interpreting everything you come across through Community concepts

Buying too much into the self-hype that the Community is some movement

Being too into the idea of the Community being secret and underground

Being too against mainstream society

Wanting to be a guru who's looked up to by other guys

Falling into a cult-like atmosphere towards certain personalities or schools of thought

Seeing being good with women as a skill to compete with other guys over for its own sake

Getting too sucked into all the drama and gossip of the scene

Personally hanging out with too many really weird people

Going too far with Self-Improvement

Buying into the weirdness of particular personalities or schools of thought

Feeling you have to abandon your past life

Feeling that getting a girlfriend is a sign of weakness and settling

Focusing on nothing but getting women and valuing everything in terms of how it helps your game

Trying to proselytize, [influence], and convert your friends

Being way too over confident for how cool your actually are

Doing weird, anti-social things to get over your fears

Thinking you can reduce all human interactions down to a repeatable formula

Basing your entire identity around being a 'PUA'

Chasing after and glorifying a lifestyle you don't even know you want

Unprez

Don Juan
Reaction score
have to agree, i mentioned b4 sometimes ppl just flood the posts wit bitnerness and bs advice...but overall i think the benefits of this site outweighed the bad, i've become more better as a person from goining onto this site and my only regret was finding this site after so long.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's for PUAs and not DJs. Bit of a difference.

RokyRoc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Both PUAs and DJ stem from the same root problem: having trouble meeting women. However it is only later that they begin to diverge. Those weird things will happen, its pretty much whether you recognize them and do something about it or not. Its really up to you, some people believe any change is good, some don't. Choose who you want to be, the Community cannot choose for you.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've learned more off this site than anything else. Yea there's cr@p on here, but Ive been here long enough to know whats worthy of reading and what's not. And for some reason, this site gets me motivated and increases my confidence when I need it.