Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A little advice on this one?

Captain AFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I've finally started pursuing another person. It's not in my blood to go for STR's and the such. I'm interested in an LTR.

Anyway, it's been a while, and I've been making some progress. I don't call too often, and I rarely, if ever leave messages. I think one time. We've gone out to meet at places and hang a few times. Not much, but it's a start. Get plenty of the kino, etc. She shows plenty of interest, and I'm not the one making all the small advances.

Anyway, I call this person today to she if she was interested in doing anything. I get a hold of her (for once), and we start to talking. She mentions she's heading out of town. I give her the "dissapointed" speech, explaining my intentions, then we get to small talk.

Previous to that, I had learned that she'd be away a few more times as well, so I inquire as to where it is she was planning on going and doing.

I guess I can give a brief transcript of the rest.

ME: What're you going there for?
HER: Oh, to visit the dude I was with in Washington, D.C.

ME (at this point, I'm just keeping the steady voice, trying to keep cool): Oh yeah, sounds like fun.

HER: Yeah, I haven't really talked to him since December, then we got to talking again a couple weeks ago. (blah blah, visiting him and his family in XXX town).

ME: Well, alright. Have fun.

A little more talk, and she promises to call me when she gets back in town.

At this point, I'm thinking she's interested, but this isn't the FIRST time that I've pretty much approached her, and then got the "XXX-town Guy" speech.

I'll admit at this point that I haven't been "spinning more plates" etc., but in regards to this person, who I genuinely care about and am very interested in, I'm starting to think, or at least interpret from what this place would say, that it's time to just move on to some one else. No, we haven't gotten anywhere beyond friendly conversation and shoulder resting, so it's not like I'm entitled to anything. But I'm not interested in competing with another dude, especially when every time I hear about him, it's some kind of complaint about his attitude or this and that. And it's not the first time she's spoken of him disparagingly in public. Just the first time she's done so directly to me. To add to it, she probably would have never told me she was heading that way, or that she was even talking to this guy again, unless I had inquired of her travel plans, which I had learned from someone else.

In short, I'm thinking that I'm just "backburner man!" (TM) and that she's going to try out (once again) this other guy. And without implicitly saying it, she's pretty much just said, "Hey, you're okay... but I'm going to see where this pans out first. See ya!"

Should I even bother trying to set up any other kind of date or meet-up, even if she shows interest?

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
be careful my friend, sounds like you are well and truly in the friend zone which is not necessarily a bad thing in life but for you who want a LTR it is a VERY soul destroying and pointless relationship.

Evaluate how you want her in your life as JUST a friend with nothing ever happening then take it from there.

You do not want to go out with someone who rubs what she said in your face. I know you may counter 'but she is honest' and I like that. Honest is one thing, dating material is another.

You are the prize and should be treated as one!

good luck!

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Captain AFC
ME: What're you going there for?
HER: Oh, to visit the dude I was with in Washington, D.C.
Thats where you get off, my man.

In short, I'm thinking that I'm just "backburner man!" (TM) and that she's going to try out (once again) this other guy. And without implicitly saying it, she's pretty much just said, "Hey, you're okay... but I'm going to see where this pans out first. See ya!"

Hey, you're learning. :rockon:

Captain AFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I inquired advice from my mother on this as well (what can I say, I'm a momma's boy a bit, so since I ask her advice on things all the time, I inquired).

The short and skinny version:

"Sounds like YOU have issues from your past relationship. You haven't gotten over it. She's just as confused as you are about all this. You're both not ready for a relationship. You should just tell her up front how you feel."

Sounds smart. And granted, the story I've told via the internet probably doesn't do the reality any justice, right or wrong.

OpenMind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Too many guys on this board focus way too much on their own interest level in a girl instead of what is really important here, HER INTEREST LEVEL IN YOU.