Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Job you were to smart for

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting its about a persons intelligence and how they are screened for a for job. Less intelligent people are favored for monotonous un-creative work.

INTELLIGENCE AND WORK

A smart person with a boring, pointless job (ie a fairly typical job) suffers the crippling cognitive dissonance of: “I am intelligent – most of my days are spent in meaningless stupidity”. If there is no choice but to continue the job (due to money needs and a harsh labour market), more dissonance arises: “I am a free person – I cannot escape this situation”.
some mo' quotes

The majority of jobs being created seem to be low-paid and soul-destroying: telesales, security, office administration, etc. If large numbers of intelligent people are forced into tedious jobs, the frustration they feel must be managed and contained, otherwise their employers won’t profit. After herding people into office buildings, how do you keep them productive, week after week, in activities which insult their intelligence?

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Should read -- A Job You Were TOO Smart For

That is classic. Hope you did that on purpose.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
In my reality, thus far, employers use game to keep workers doing more work. Not any game in particular, just smart wit to keep them down. There is almost nobody out there in white collar field that is willing to give you money for an honest day of work, just like there is no worker out there that is willing to work honestely for money..

A boss might neg you, act bossy and sh1t, keep you after work, tell you to work on your break, ask you to do something that is not description of your work, etc.. He will keep dominating you, the response will be you start hating the boss, but your reactions are too please the b1tch, kiss his a55.

Soul-destroying, thats the best way to describe it.

I have yet to see a job that is not soul-destroying. Thats why Im starting my own business. I think American Dad got it right, in this country you must kiss boss's a55, make money, then become your own boss so that your employees can kiss your a55, or something to the order of that.

Good read!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i remember when I FIRST started my company (i.e we weren't making any money and were struggling) I tried to get a day job and do my computer business at night... I COULDN'T GET A JOB!!! for about a month (until I took a job in car sales) and I heard it about 5 times... "you are overqualifed".. "I don't see why you are applying for this job". I explained my situtatoin to everyone.. and it's a novel idea that you thought I had potential other than to answer phones all day but, at the time it wasn't funny because, me and the guy on the corner begging for money was having the same damn problem.. WE COULDN'T EAT!!! pissed me off to no end. to ****ing qualifed for a damn job.

what I think it was is, I made no bones about this being my career.. my career was set in stone, I had ambition, and i think it scared some of the peolple who interviewed me.. and some of the jobs paid like 12, 13 bucks an hour. people make a living off that.

if I weren't set, I would be in a ****ed up position. I have learned alot about myself over the last 5 years. I wasn't cut out to work a regular 9-5 (i.e working for someone else, which is a trait I think I picked up from my mom, the older I get the more i realize I am a male, somewhat smarter, more driven version of my mom) when I told her how I quit my sales job, she cried laughing because it was the same way she did.. my boss went on one of his tireades (at the time right when I was thinking I could support myself from my company alone) and started talking about how he can have me on the next bus out of here, i told him don't bother, he can kiss my ass, and I walked off the shorwroom floor... that was 5 years ago, and that was the end of me working for anyone else. I don't take authority well from people I thnk i can do a better job than. I don't do good wtih time schedules.. maybe 2- even 3 days a week I am good, but as long as I do my job right, leave me the **** alone. I like to sleep in, I like to stay up late. But when I am at work I work my ass off. I like to think outside the box. I'm not afraid to try **** new. this isn't stuff a person applying for a customer service job making 8 bucks an hour should be saying on an interview.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many people like to think of themselves as "smart".

They have the book knowledge - they can recite the entire bible in Latin. They have a fancy PhD and MBA hanging on their walls.

But are they really smart? A computer could also recite the bible in Latin. It can calculate pi to one billion places within an hour.

What's so smart about a nerd?

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the problem of the old school style of management. I get lost in the new age school of thought were everyone thinks that they are the smartest thing ever to walk on earth.

As an example diplomatic_lies said:

They have the book knowledge - they can recite the entire bible in Latin. They have a fancy PhD and MBA hanging on their walls.

But are they really smart? A computer could also recite the bible in Latin. It can calculate pi to one billion places within an hour.

What's so smart about a nerd?
The reason that computers can perform these tasks is because people programmed them. Latin wasn't invented by a computer. Pi was the product of "nerds" a thousand years before the concept of the computer existed. No modern computer can be programmed to adapt to social interactions.

That was a bit of a tangent, but at the same time modern workers sit in a cubicle and forget the labor that allowed them to enjoy the relatively lethargic conditions that they take for granted. Western civilization is increasingly skill less.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe true intelligence is the ability to adapt and take advantage of any situation. Someone who is book-smart has limited intelligence.

After all, some of the greatest inventors in the world were not just inventors, they also possessed common sense, social skills, negotiation, persuasion, etc.

I believe Edison was a great salesman. And Columbus was an excellent negotiator. Bill Gates has more guts and common sense than all of Mensa put together. The idea of someone who can just sit in his dark room and make history is a myth.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe true intelligence is the ability to adapt and take advantage of any situation. Someone who is book-smart has limited intelligence.
being able to adapt and take advantage of a situation doesn't cure sickness, build cities, systematically use reason/logic to determine right from wrong or advance civilization...

But are they really smart?
yes they have certified proof, what more do you want ??

I believe Edison was a great salesman. And Columbus was an excellent negotiator. Bill Gates has more guts and common sense than all of Mensa put together. The idea of someone who can just sit in his dark room and make history is a myth.
I don't understand the point or purpose of this statement ?? and why should anyone care about your inferiority complex...errr your opinion about people whose accomplishments that have made history ?

After all, some of the greatest inventors in the world were not just inventors, they also possessed common sense, social skills, negotiation, persuasion, etc.
what is your point ?!?!? are you saying people who prove their intelligence on paper lack the traits you described ??

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
being able to adapt and take advantage of a situation doesn't cure sickness, build cities, systematically use reason/logic to determine right from wrong or advance civilization...

yes they have certified proof, what more do you want ??

I don't understand the point or purpose of this statement ?? and why should anyone care about your inferiority complex...errr your opinion about people whose accomplishments that have made history ?

what is your point ?!?!? are you saying people who prove their intelligence on paper lack the traits you described ??
D+B, please, I ask you to take the IQ test on tickle.com and screen-capture the results, and post a picture. I need my daily entertainment.